anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
    I hope the rest of you and your bike are ok?
    Thanks,
    yes, sort of... besides the broken bone I cricked quite some joints, knee, wrist, ankle, which is even worse.
    Managed to get home on the bike, so we're both seem repareable...

Comment

My wife and I decided to take a last minute over night trip up to Campbell River yesterday. It's about 285kms to get there. Left Saturday around 10:30am...Weather this spring has been awesome! I'm lucky that my wife is cool with making last minute trips on the bike.

This was across the road from our hotel...sat there while and watched the sun go down...

View from our room..too bad about the stupid power lines.

It was beautiful leaving Campbell River at 8:30 then just about 85kms in we had a little rain..nothing to get the suits out for. So we decided to stop for breakfast. The sun came back out 30min later.
      We took the new hwy home that has speed limit of 120kmh...you sure can cover a lot of miles doing 140-160kms an hour! Lol...Did I mention my wife is awesome?!

Last edited by trevor; 05-18-2015, 07:03 PM.
      No signature

Comment

[/URL]

I went for a ride in southern Oregon yesterday to do a little exploring. This is a mountain meadow I came across on the way from Ashland to Klamath Falls.

[/URL]

Those light green trees at the edge of the meadow are aspen trees which are just starting to leaf out.

The tan stripe on the hill side is the highway I'm heading east on.

[/URL]

These mountains have a bit of snow on them. They looked like an old volcano cone from the angle I was seeing them from.

20 minutes later I got caught in an absolute deluge of rain as I made a turn west and attempted to head home. I opted to not go back over the mountains west but southwest around the southern end of the Cascade range. The 1100g is all ready to head to John Day in a couple of weeks to the pNW rally. If I could just get the speedo to stop jumping in 25 MPH archs I'd be happy. I would like to know with in 5 mph of how fast I'm going.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
          If I could just get the speedo to stop jumping in 25 MPH archs I'd be happy.
          Lovely country Charlie.
          I think the speedo needle jumping is a lube problem in the cable and or the gage.
          You should try spraying something into both of those.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Had a great day at the Ridge Motorsports Park. 55 laps were had which doesn't seem like much, but the mental concentration required, tires you out.
            Bike ran great with 1200 miles on the clock after rebuild. It did however refuse to start in the morning, but we jumped it once and fired up every session for the rest of the day. A thunderstorm rolled thru on the last session, and parts of the track were dry and other sections totally wet, but I had the track to myself, with just one other bike, making the traction interesting after flogging the bike all day in the dry.

Cool RD
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Carter, im glad to hear that the cycle is running well. Judging from the pic, you're using every bit of surface on the tire.....
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Carter, im glad to hear that the cycle is running well. Judging from the pic, you're using every bit of surface on the tire.....
                Thanks Glen, I was worried the whole week leading up to the day, wondering if my bike would start in the morning-It didn't-even spinning the engine first before firing the coils. Whoever suggested stockers.com, Chuck Hahn maybe?-I'm gonna try a new starter brush plate and see if that improves anything. A mechanic I was pitted with, suggested a four brush plate might improve cold starts, but don't know if that's possible with the stock starter motor.

Great shots Charlie and Trevor, wish I could join u guys in few weeks, maybe, cause I'll be joining the "50 something crowd" a few days before the rally.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post

Great shots Charlie and Trevor, wish I could join u guys in few weeks, maybe, cause I'll be joining the "50 something crowd" a few days before the rally.
                  It's no as bad as you might think. Have a good one. Cheers!
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                    Thanks Glen, I was worried the whole week leading up to the day, wondering if my bike would start in the morning-It didn't-even spinning the engine first before firing the coils. Whoever suggested stockers.com, Chuck Hahn maybe?-I'm gonna try a new starter brush plate and see if that improves anything. A mechanic I was pitted with, suggested a four brush plate might improve cold starts, but don't know if that's possible with the stock starter motor.

1965 eh?? Me too...turning 50 in December. Better than the alternative I guess. Would be great to see you in John Day though!
                    No signature

Comment

Nice day for a jaunt!!! Ripped up route 17 and finally made my way over 108 (smugglers notch). IT was a great blast, over 300 miles logged. The rear tire is just about completely gone on the back. I also ventured across a gentleman with a 1978 KZ1000 fitted with a factory Rajay turbo kit.... Really cool. Apparently he bought the bike from the original owner who was the owner of the Kawasaki dealer who had (whoever installed them) fit a Rajay kit on his KZ1000 LTD. Really cool to run into on the roads...

Great day to rip it up in the Green Mountains!

ON top of route 17 (App Gap) heading to Stowe to go over smugglers notch.

On route 108 heading up into Smuggler's Notch.

108 turns int a wicked windy 1 lane road. Very Very cool and fun to traverse.

Then the 1978 KZ1000 Turbo, sounded Soooo Sweet!

Pretty cool day
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Here's my first motorcycle video with the GoPro I got a while ago. It's from my first real ride on the 750EF since getting it back on the road. The route is Hwy #3a commonly referred to locally as the Kootenay Lake Ferry road. Nifty little 50 mile stretch of road from Creston, BC to the ferry across Kootenay Lake with about 350 corners and you get to ride it all over again going back to Creston. We took this road during the rally last year. Still having issues with trying to prevent the rolling shutter problems but have managed to edit out some of the other various shakes and vibration. A whole new learning experience. Maybe we should start a GoPro hints and tricks thread. I had it mounted on the left mirror stem which could be probably one of worst places for vibration but there's not many places to mount it on this thing.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Great video Sandy! I'm with you on having a thread for Gopro tricks. The camera must be improving , as I don't see as much shaking as I use to. Thanks for posting. You need a sound track?

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Comment

Looks like a really fun road Sandy!!!

I did some footage today, I have the suction cup mount and sticky mounts on various parts of the bike. I need to buy the extension arm too... If you have the suction mount it will stick to your tank very nicely. Then you get that kind cockpit view.

I'll post a video once I get the media edited and rendered.

Ride with my buddy and his RC51

The RC is probably one of the best sounding bikes I've heard in a long time... We went through a couple towns and the BK and RC made some awesome noise together
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I use a suction cup too. Sometimes on the tank and sometimes on the fairing. Great video Sandy. Now I know why I never see you at rallies. You're too far ahead....LOL

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

It's look'n nice in Vermont!
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g

Comment

Working...
                                X