No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another pic on the way back. Some friends of mine, we are taking a quick break before we attack the winds coming off the Organ Mountains.

100_1646.jpg
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Ice fishing(for others) and a bike ride(for me) this afternoon....good combo on a February winter day in NH with temps reaching 50.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
        This is a combination What did you wrench on today, Anybody go for a ride, and Why don't Amerikans buy Kanadian bikes post. I did a couple jobs this morning, one took me by the Drivers License office. I had the proper documentation to get my Enhanced Drivers License so I can go to Canada, buy a bike, and bring it across the border. Then I got home, my new longer brake line for the Bandit had arrived so I swapped it out, re-routed the clutch line and throttle cables so I could fit my new 2" ROX Risers to the Daytona touring bars. Ever since I got the Bandit I have not been comfortable on it, after 3 sets of bars and 2 risers this is the best yet. Not 100% but I think I could do a long day now. So I bled the brakes and went for a quick spin. Note to self: mid 50's is still too cold for mesh jacket...
        i have Grand Prix Touring on my Bandit which are pretty close to what you have. I also tried the 2" risers, but find them more uncomfortable than the bars by themselves. The biggest improvement I found was to rotate the bars rearward until they only cleared the top of the tank by 1/4" when reaching the steering stop. My bike has been set that way for ten years and I can sit there until I get tired of watching the sun come up and go down. heh
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I used the GP touring bars too but with a 1" riser which helped, but it wasn't until I reshaped the seat building up the nose did my old B12 finally feel comfortable. The stock seat just never felt right...and I've owned 2 of them.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

It was damn good day to ride yesterday Lurch!

After a brief 3 week hibernation period... I got sick of not riding. Grabbed 120 miles yesterday!!! The ZG1400 is back out to terrorize the VT roads!

Lots of salt and sand though...

Yeah, Febuary 1st and it looks like March. Trees are running! Sap is Boiling, early start to the Sugarin' season this year!
            Last edited by Jedz123; 02-02-2016, 01:33 PM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              It was damn good day to ride yesterday Lurch!

After a brief 3 week hibernation period... I got sick of not riding. Grabbed 120 miles yesterday!!! The ZG1400 is back out to terrorize the VT roads!

Lots of slat and sand though...

Yeah, Febuary 1st and it looks like March. Trees are running! Sap is Boiling, early start to the Sugarin' season this year!
              Yup, I knew you would be out riding too. After spending most of Jan in the tropics with great weather and no bike, I had to get my fix too!! I even looked at a 200cc dual sport bike for $2k USD brand new with warranty, while down there but didn't pull the trigger because I couldn't ship it back with me.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I had the best ride of my 2016 yesterday. It may have been my go-to 120 mile route, but the sun was shining, my bike was singing, there were no cars out, and all was right with the world.

Can't wait till the high mountain passes open up in a few months. Then the real fun begins!

Comment

So i take it you are still VERY happy with the Scrambler?
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    So i take it you are still VERY happy with the Scrambler?
                    Can't get enough of it! Its just perfect for my needs in a motorcycle. It does everything I want it to do and never fails to make me grin.
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Rode paTina today...

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Posted this picture of Pardee reservoir back on November 1st (three months ago) and below is the same view today. Finally some rain has started to gain ground but a long way to go. First ride of the year for me.

sigpic
                        1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                        1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                        1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                        On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                        All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Tried my old dash cam with a new lens and a new mount fixed to the rear indicator stalk.

It was going quite well until the USB lead became disconnected and powered the unit off.

The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Geez, that's pretty good video for a dash cam. Research has shown that continually putting a heavy wallet in your back pocket can cause irreversible hip damage over time...
                            Rob
                            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

It warmed up to close 60f today. Stretched the legs on the 1100g

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Went out to meet the Island BMW rider club boys for breakfast today...Raining so I took my new rain bike...the DR..

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X