anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Lol...you think? We have had three days of rain (and that wasn't much) since some time in April. Everyone thinks it rains here all the time, funny. Forecast is for a very dry and hot summer.
    We go on flood watch at least a couple times a week for the past month... It's fine You just break the rain gear out and keep on trucking!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice slow ride through the country side.

Comment

Not raining your way? We are getting soaked here in VT... Hope it clears out. Love to go for a spin today.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

It has been on and off for the past couple of months.
          Sometimes I get caught in it sometimes not.
          You just cannot tell when it is going too.
          The mountains split it off unpredictably.
          As long as the tires are good no concerns with rain.
          The overcast skies make it a nice ride even geared up considering it is summer.

Comment

Raining here but still the "brick" was beckoning me out this afternoon. Didn't push too hard since I need about 100 miles to "bond" and get to know my bikes. The Metzlers held well and the fairing kept most of me dry for the hour loop.

Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Please don't be offended by my question Lurch, but are Metzlers any kind of a tire to put on a bias ply sport bike?
              Just asking because I know they were OEM equipment on some early 90s sport bikes.
              Haven't they been outmoded by the Bridgestone BT45, and others?
              Just asking because I only see BMW owners reviewing them online.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Love Bricks. Such cool bikes. I have a particular fondness for the K75S
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                  Beautiful TL.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Got out a few nights this week after 8 pm when all the NW folks are sunburned and sitting at home with the A/C on if they have one. Perfect temp 67-75 and no one driving for the most part. Been near 80 almost every day this past month, unusual for around here.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      Please don't be offended by my question Lurch, but are Metzlers any kind of a tire to put on a bias ply sport bike?
                      Just asking because I know they were OEM equipment on some early 90s sport bikes.
                      Haven't they been outmoded by the Bridgestone BT45, and others?
                      Just asking because I only see BMW owners reviewing them online.
                      The Metzler's were on the bike and fairly new with low miles so I will run them till they wear out. The Lasertec front and Marathon rear are not radials but ride nice enough and stick good in the rain. I know of BMW owners who only mount Michelin tires, but haven't seen any with Bridgestone. The Metzler aren't an outdated tire design like the stuff people put on the 70's Japanese bikes for vintage reasons. If the Metzlers wear out before I tire (no pun) of the bike and sell it, I'll look and see what's out there to match up.

Comment

Rob and I got out for a little ride up to Sooke for a test ride before our trip next week. Bike ran great and I think I will take the 81 1100... Life is good indeed!!

No signature

Comment

Took the 850 out for a short blast, need to rebuild the rear break, it is not backing back off. Oh well just something else to do.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Rob and I got out for a little ride up to Sooke for a test ride before our trip next week. Bike ran great and I think I will take the 81 1100... Life is good indeed!!

Where are you guys headed?
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              Where are you guys headed?
                              Mt. St Helens...and beyond!
                              No signature

Comment

Mt. St Helens...and beyond!
                                Very cool. Be a good friend to Rob and make sure to talk him out of all this marriage nonsense. I wish someone had done it for me!
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X