No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice...the Finger Lakes region is beautiful. In another life I travelled a few times from central NJ thru NY state to Rochester, generally trying to avoid the highways. I always enjoyed riding / driving thru upstate NY.......even while riding my 1100e thru a heavy thunderstorm that hung over the entire length of Seneca Lake....
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

one place i stayed was on the hill between seneca and keuka lakes. the views were awesome in all directions.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
        .............. and wandered back roads.
        Certainly is a back road.

Nice pics.

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
        ........ this tractor:
        then i took it for a test drive. ...........
        do tractor drivers wave at each other.... ? har har har

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02
          Did you try the feeler gauge trick?
          Well, I tried it......and it seems to have worked! Just got back from a ride , plus also took a quick jaunt out for breakfast this morning. So far so good.
          When I first took a ride during the week, I was left with some oil on the fork tubes, but wasnt sure if it was remnants or new. I thoroughly cleaned it and tried again....
          I'm surprised that ive never heard this tip before. Thanks Mr. Kent. Apperciated....

Now I just need to change the fork oil and refill to the proper amount....
          Last edited by dorkburger; 07-19-2015, 01:01 AM. Reason: add
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Getting stopped by the draw bridge is not an uncommon event in the summer when going north out of town or returning.
            But this time I was up front and close.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went out playing the Game, and saw this dropping in for fuel.

Last edited by gsrick; 07-19-2015, 06:28 PM.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The medical district over there by Milwaukee Zoo is really nice after 6pm. It's pretty empty (as you can see) and a great place for test rides.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Obviously you got the rear drive sorted. Nice work.
                btw...where is everybody? Your roads are empty.

Comment

Will do. I want do get a ride in going much further west.....or north.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Do post another video, when you get out of the city.

Comment

Me and my son took the 81 down to wheelies for lunch yesterday. Weather here has been awesome!

No signature

Comment

Took a little ride out tonight in the heat and humidity. Man, i should spring for some mesh gear. In motion it was ok though. Sunday nights are the best nights to ride around here. They have the least traffic of any night of the week. Nothing noteworthy enough to stop for a picture.
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Me and my son took the 81 down to wheelies for lunch yesterday. Weather here has been awesome!

Good lookin bike. Man I really have to find a gig back home.

I like the polished covers.

Ever consider powder coating the rear foot peg mounts, swing arm, chain guard and wheels black on one of these bikes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
                          Good lookin bike. Man I really have to find a gig back home.

I like the polished covers.

Ever consider powder coating the rear foot peg mounts, swing arm, chain guard and wheels black on one of these bikes?
                          Thanks, nope never considered it, though I do have black powder coated rims on my 83
                          No signature

Comment

I see you got an almost straight handlebar with end weights. You must be kinda tall, I'm 6'4". I ended up going with a drag bar, and have some weights to put on it.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Got out for a good 100 miles today. Gave the new springs a workout and got to try out the windshield I got for less than $50. All in all a good day. And met up with a buddy and his victory

Comment

Time to try out the DL650 in the back woods and my ATV trails...and off the trail into the horse thistle too. Could of pushed further with knobbies but I don't want to trash my primary street bike too.

Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X