anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little ride around after breakfast.
    45 degrees, and was not suited up for it, so didn't go far.

Now that not tourist season, and not events going on at the beach, can get right down to the beach parking lots.
    You have seen pics of this scene before, but this time have a lake freighter in view.

And you have seen this place before.
    Seems that should be a good picture there somewhere, so I keep trying for a better shot (kinda like going back for another round of golf, eh)

Last edited by Redman; 10-03-2015, 10:39 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode yesterday and today. A bit over 750 miles total. For over a decade I've been going to a ride/gathering called the Slimey Crud Run www.slimeycrudrun.com . Unfortunately the ride starts at 9AM roughly 250 miles from where I live, I've always only made it to the end of the ride and even that means starting at 6AM, finishing at 9PM and covering about 600 miles in day. This year for the first time I decided make this a 2 day ride. Got the GS1000S I bought this summer into rideable condition last week, put about 180 shake down miles on it and deemed it ready.

Here it is Saturday morning all packed and ready to go.

Lunch on Saturday in Lansing, IA at the Skinny Dip

For having never been to the ride start in Pine Bluff, WI I didn't take a pic, but here's a pic of the ride end in Leland, WI

And finally a pic of the bike surrounded by other bikes in Leland.

Comment

Went on a 124mi run past the Oso slide sight. I stopped in Marysville to see a friend and give him the bottle of strawberry donut ejuice i had made for over a month ago, and conveniently it was his birthday as well. But i stopped at the memorial sight and took a few photos, and also stopped and talked with a guy selling a couple of projects and may have found a buyer for my kz if i end up selling it next spring.
        20151004_144945.jpg

Comment

20151004_145145.jpg

It looks like the hillside exploded

Comment

Ray, a buddy from a Honda website went to his first SCR in the Spring.
            Said he had a blast and that every type/model of motorcycle made it to the starting point and many of the bizzare ones finished the ride as well.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

on Saturday 3rd I joined 7000 other bikers on the 2015 Ride To The Wall.A ride to remember all those service men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the defence of the British Isles.i was on the gs 750,about a 200 mile round trip she never missed a beat,respects to all who made the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Ray, a buddy from a Honda website went to his first SCR in the Spring.
                Said he had a blast and that every type/model of motorcycle made it to the starting point and many of the bizzare ones finished the ride as well.
                It is a great event which unfortunately has somewhat become a victim of its success. The interesting bikes to regular bike ratio use to be much higher, but then again, it use to only draw a few hundred bikes, where now it is probably in the 1-2K range. This year the interesting bikes to me were the Z1R, RG500, Derbi 125, Vincent Rapide, 80K+mi GSXR1100 and Mach III roadrace bike, BMW HP2 and a number of original unrestored 50s and 60s knuckle, pan and shovelheads. I'll have to try to get to the Pine Bluff end more often as the ratio of interesting to regular bikes seems to be higher there.

Comment

"nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"^

anyway, today i blew off work in a way that would make a crackhead proud. i rode to niagara falls, usa. not many places to take a picture of bike and falls though.

so i stopped at the power authority water intakes next to the river. there are two of these structures that take water from the river, through huge pipes underground, to a huge reservoir, and then through the electric generation turbines and back into the river downstream. there are similiar structures on the canadian side for their generation station.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Haven't been out on the little 750 in a while so took it out for a little spin after work. Glad I did as looks like I need to replace the tach cable...already ordered. Never ends with these old bikes, does it? Lol...

No signature

Comment

Went out after work to get the tag for the riding tag but got beat...really glad I went out...cloudy but warm.

No signature

Comment

Western BC is particularly beautiful in the fall...
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Was 36 degrees this morning.
                          But 40 about time went out for breakfast, and almost 45 after, ... good enough.
                          Headed north into Muskegon county. Along lakeshore then inland, out into national forrest, and around.

Did see only some colors changing.

Stopped at two disc golf courses. (but you are not interested in that)
                          (more pics here if you are interested http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...65#post2232465 )

Also stopped at this creek for no particular reason other than to just stop and look.
                          Was two big fish there... big trout? salmon? were about 14 - 16 inches long. Were going around in circles, and splashing out of the water. (but you are not interested in that)

Was mid afternoon, and was looking for lunch.
                          Hey, an actual drive-in, with places that had picknic tables by the river.

So, not a lot of miles, less than 150, but had a 6 hour adventure.
                          Last edited by Redman; 10-11-2015, 12:55 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yep. Up to Argentine Pass, which is way the heck up there. 13,207'

And back down with no back brake at all.
                            I didn't think I used the back very much.
                            Wrong.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

You know, at that altitude you have 40% less oxygen then at see level and altitude sickness is a real possibility. Probably a good place for a telescope!
                              Rob
                              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Yesterday we had rain...at times a lot of it! Out my front door yesterday...looks like I gotta clean out those gutters. Lol..

Today is much better.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X