No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode from Bay city MI across the Mackinaw bridge to Oshkosh Wi.
    Attached Files

Comment

And a picture from the ride
      Attached Files

Comment

That on US 2????? Hows the bike running? Oil usage??? Any hick ups???
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by 76_Mike_82 View Post
          Rode from Bay city MI across the Mackinaw bridge to Oshkosh Wi.
          That is one huge tent to fit on a bike.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Was thinking of going for ride that would include the car show downtown this afternoon.

Wife was suggesting we go for walk somewhere with the doggie.

(Since I was gone all day yesterday, I thought we should do something together.)

So compromise was struck.

Ride mo'cykl, we all ride mo'cykl downtown, doggie in the mesh carrier wife got specifically for that purpose, walk the car show, and maybe along the waterfront boardwalk.
            Okay.

Upper 80s.
            Was hot out on street at car show.

Headed home from the car show.
            Was a rare occasion that dispensed with the jackets, only headed home a couple miles, mostly in town.

Was cooler along lakeshore, and wife herself suggested going for more a ride, an other rarity ! !

Doggie even seemed to enjoy the longer ride (12 miles).
            Settled down and just sat there with face in the wind.

40 second low-res video.

Last edited by Redman; 07-26-2015, 07:16 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A short 40 mile ride today on a 2014 Street Glide that a local friend offered up for me to use when he stopped by the house. Always cool to ride different bikes, but reminded me why I never bought a Harley. Here's a pic of the beast. Though a nicer ride than the 1k miles I put on my son's Dyna Bob a few years back or the hundreds of miles on my brother in law's Wide Glide (or whatever it was?). I had this desire to remove my full face helmet though.

Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I Did the THE MSF Basic Rider Safety course for the past 3 days, 19 hours of classroom and course training (8 hours class room, 11 hours course training). It was the Basic course but I had to complete that to be able to participate in the experienced rider course this coming weekend. I truly have to say I learned I was doing allot of things wrong, I retained allot of information from it. I scored a 100% on the skills test and written test but I will say honestly I probably wouldn't have, the coaches knew I was an experienced rider and rode me harder then the rest of the class. I was approached after class and asked to complete the Experience rider course and really consider joining up to become an instructor... Maybe for next year? Either way, Here's some pics of those daily rides.

The Book, 50 pages of some pretty in depth material over basic procedures.

Jedz's Stead for the weekend. A Suzuki TU250. I loved this little bike! If only it came as a 500... Anyway the Thumper was sooo smooth, Fun little bike.

Reminded me very much of a GS minus the Fuel injection and twin pot front stopper... Think they look fantastic too!

As I left last night the group of the little buggers.

I was the only one endorsed there, most had never rode a bike before. I was giving pointers and sharing about personal riding experience with do's and don'ts to the class by the tail end of the course (per request of the instructors). Allot of fun and it was really cool to see everyone's skills dramatically increase by the tail end of the course. Mine too, My shifting has become smoother, braking correctly now, Startup and shut off procedure has been corrected, Learned to execute emergency Quick-stops safely and effectively, I can now pull a double slow speed U turn and now confidently drag pegs by learning to correctly look through the turns.

We did end up loosing 4 people (fail or walk off) by the tail end of the class. Excited for next week's course!
                Last edited by Jedz123; 07-27-2015, 09:32 PM.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  I Did the THE MSF Basic Rider Safety course for the past 3 days, 19 hours of classroom and course training (8 hours class room, 11 hours course training).
                  Thats super cool! It's amazing how much we can learn and how much we don't know. Almost everything in life is BASICS, BASICS, BASICS. I have been riding more than 30 yrs and I have been thinking about taking a course with my daughter, she wants to learn to ride and I bet Id learn a bunch!

I had a nice little ride this morning beautiful day, perfect weather. My Gs1150 is running really well. With the fixed starter clutch and new compufire R/R I feel a bit more confident I won't have to call home for a ride…LOL Oil temps are down almost 15 deg with the new regulator, I thought it was just crazy that a regulator would do that... but it did!

Theres a little German settlement church I noticed a few years ago about 20 miles from my house, nice scenery, so I drove that way and checked it out. Nice ride through the countryside. They are still using the cemetery, not sure about the church. I read the rules you have to be German live within 5 miles of the church and/or have a near relative buried there…interesting. And the pump still works!

Managed a nice short 60 mile ride, now on to yard work.

[URL=http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/uhsmuk/media/GS%20Suzuki/A0BE838A-8008-4635-B8CB-4AD76BFEDA41_zps2ezfmc5j.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/uhsmuk/media/GS%20Suzuki/4EAC1CB4-F1F2-4106-A64A-302556E373DF_zpsdph3iqy3.jpg.html][/URL

Comment

great day / turn of the screw....

Took the day off and had some family time at the water park. Later we met the in laws for birthday dinner- my mother in law and me share this day as our birthday. After all was quiet at home, I went out for a birthday ride.

Since I did my carbs this winter, the bike runs great, but was stinky rich at low speed, and needed little to no choke to start.
                    Yesterday, I tweaked the pilot screws in a half turn. It needed choke for maybe 30 seconds to run smooth, and now runs even smoother at small throttle openings, and is more responsive as well. Funny how things go. Now that I've seen how much better the bike can run, I want more......Also, it's nice that with fresh carbs and boots, small changes can be easily noticed.
                    20150803_233444_LLS.jpg
                    Celebratory drink.
                    Last edited by dorkburger; 08-03-2015, 11:58 PM.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Joe, I love that pic of the bike in front of the church. The low angle is cool.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Took the day off and had some family time at the water park. Later we met the in laws for birthday dinner- my mother in law and me share this day as our birthday. After all was quiet at home, I went out for a birthday ride.

Since I did my carbs this winter, the bike runs great, but was stinky rich at low speed, and needed little to no choke to start.
                        Yesterday, I tweaked the pilot screws in a half turn. It needed choke for maybe 30 seconds to run smooth, and now runs even smoother at small throttle openings, and is more responsive as well. Funny how things go. Now that I've seen how much better the bike can run, I want more......Also, it's nice that with fresh carbs and boots, small changes can be easily noticed.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]41314[/ATTACH]
                        Celebratory drink.
                        One thing I have notice on my 1150 is that small changes in carb settings down low in the rpm's and small throttle openings made a big difference, and that was true for the stock carbs and the 38 CV's I'm running now. And if you had air leaks from the boots… forget it! When I replaced my boots it was like carb tuning heaven!
                        When they run well they are great bikes TORQUE ALL OVER!

How do you like the bar end mirrors??? I HATE my stock mirrors always have.

Comment

Yeah, the boots were shot....I like the bar end mirrors, but they do vibrate at highway speed, and they require a glance down to see them. Some dont like that...I dont mind though. The Napoleon ones I have require a tubular handlebar to fit in ( I replaced the stockers years ago ). I ended up with the bar ends when I ran without a fairing for a season after a lowside. I like the cleaner look of the fairing without the mirrors.
                          sigpic

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Wow..over 4000 posts and still not sticky worthy. Lol..
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Should'a seen what was sticking on my tire from a ride last weekend. Still hasn't been identified lol.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Seems to stay near the top anyway....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X