anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see you posting "tkent02".

Think I did somewhere around 350kms today. And all I took was this one picture

If you squint real closely you can see a heard of elk in the background. A good ride, between 10 and 12 Celsius. A bit cold by the time I got home at 7:40 but had a nice ride.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
      Glad to see you posting "tkent02".

Think I did somewhere around 350kms today. And all I took was this one picture

If you squint real closely you can see a heard of elk in the background. A good ride, between 10 and 12 Celsius. A bit cold by the time I got home at 7:40 but had a nice ride.
      Good for you buddy...glad to see you get out for a good ride like that. And 350kms on our Island is a very good ride indeed!
      No signature

Comment

Two 1100's with aftermarket pipes going down the road together sounds really good

Two 9.20 Suzuki dragbikes going through the traps side by side is a sound I will always remember positively awesome.
        sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
        1994 gsxr1100w
        1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Nice scenery Tom!

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          ... or a urologist.

Hahahaaha yeah that too... well... I dunno if we should really go there
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Another beautiful day in Nevada.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Nice! And I recognise that black and gold bike How is Eric?
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Comment

Only took a short ride today but it was nice out and I'm finally starting to recognize many areas I had been led around before.

Came up on this after about 40 minutes of riding:

Didn't believe it so I kept going until I ran into this:

So I doubled back:

until I got to the first covered bridge I've seen out here (built in 1982 so it's not that old):

The Little Miami River was pretty high today:

Later, I ran into a sign that I had to laugh at but obviously couldn't take a picture. It was a normal 90 degree left turn sign marked for 15mph but below that sign was another reading - 15 means 15. Makes you wonder how many people might not have paid attention to the recommended speed and wrecked.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

All those spots look real familiar...
                    Dogma
                    --
                    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                    '80 GS850 GLT
                    '80 GS1000 GT
                    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Went for a short 65 mile loop, didn't see a single bike on the road, probably because it was raining. Hoping for it to dry out a bit, but that didn't happen till I stopped for a few IPA's. The ride up Chuckanut was fun with no rain, damp roads, and few cagers in the way, momentarily. Totally dry roads the last 8 miles.
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Me and the Mrs out for a short ride today.

Comment

Hastings (UK) Bike Fest

I joined 30,000 other bikers on the Hasting (1066 And All That) Bike Fest in the UK.

Arrival photographer caught me:

And here are some of the others:

Great day out but only saw 3 GSs.
                          Richard
                          sigpic
                          GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                          GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                          Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics, Richard.
                            Only seeing 3 GSes just makes them more special.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Here are some pics from our Sat ride with me, GSXR Ed and a friend of mine Steve. We went from Las Cruces to Hatch, through Hillsboro, up to Emory pass, down as well, lots of twisties, Membres Cafe and the City of Rocks state park. From there to Deming and home. All in all was a great day for riding and turned out to be a 250 mile loop. Though Ed had another 76 miles to get home. First pic is a BBQ joint in Hatch.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Hillsboro Post Office. Taking a breather.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X