No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did 240 miles today in the Hill Country. I took some pics and tried to upload one of Enchanted Rock, but it kept failing.

Comment

Just work and back today with a quick jaunt to the Suzuki dealer to pick up my front disc pad shim finally... hopefully tomorrow I can ride without squeaky breaks! It was nice to ride in the sun for a change... and my bike's still filthy from yesterday...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

testing photobucket sorry.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          testing photobucket sorry.
          Don't be sorry, nice pic!

Here is a pic from yesterdays ride in Indiana when it hit 65 degrees on the last day of February. 65 degrees in Feb, ridiculous! Today back to 38 degrees, bikes back in the garage. I found the last bit of snow that I could in a parking lot, hopefully a sign that spring is on the way.

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by viperg View Post
            Don't be sorry, nice pic!

Here is a pic from yesterdays ride in Indiana when it hit 65 degrees on the last day of February. 65 degrees in Feb, ridiculous! Today back to 38 degrees, bikes back in the garage. I found the last bit of snow that I could in a parking lot, hopefully a sign that spring is on the way.

Dang, that is one nice looking bike. Went for a ride today since it FINALLY made it to 10 Celsius (I'm so getting cabin fever for warmer riding weather).

Actually found a road that I had never been on before. Hard thing to find when you're on an Island.
            Last edited by azr; 03-09-2012, 01:34 AM. Reason: I can't spell
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Weather permitting and my berries are ok lets get out tomorrow! Picked up my bike and it is running scary fast!
              No signature

Comment

I got in a 190 mile ride today, didn't have time to play with getting picts for the ridng game, but I took these picts at the rest stop south of Brainerd on my way back from the VA hospital in St. Cloud. It never did warm up like the weather guessers said it would. Hi temp was 34F for about an hour and then it started dropping again.

On edit: While my bike was parked in the VA hospital parking lot, a guy put a note on it for me. It reads" Good to see another "Iron Ass" on the road. I too ride my cycle - at least once every month of the year. Mine - VZ800 Suzuki Ride on, Al"

Pretty cool, my wife says "see, you guys all belong on the 7th floor there at the VA......."
                Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2012, 10:20 PM. Reason: note I found on my bike

Comment

Well it would've been something like 30 degrees here and beautiful blue skies, however I only got to go for a short run to warm the bike up enough to lube the chain after a spit and polish and to give my fly screen a little test run.

However, I did take the opportunity to finally get some reasonable blue sky photos of her...

sigpic

Comment

The custom-made screen looks good!
                    It can hardly be seen. "Stealthy."

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      The custom-made screen looks good!
                      It can hardly be seen. "Stealthy."

Daniel
                      Thanks Daniel, turned out much better than I ever thought it would

sigpic

Comment

Pete,
                        Where'd you post up on how you made the flyscreen? You are on a lot of boards...thought it would be easier to ask

Took the ol' GR out for a longer ride today. First good test since I put a new front sprocket on. Went from 15 to 16. Hugely different riding experience. Just pulls so much easier with just one more tooth on it. Hadn't taken it much over 60 mph with the old sprocket---just felt like it was running out of breath. Hit 70 today with more to go easily. Much, much improved ride. Very happy camper.

Comment

Took a little jaunt over to Ojai for some lunch.
                          Beautiful day!
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                            I got in a 190 mile ride today, didn't have time to play with getting picts for the ridng game, but I took these picts at the rest stop south of Brainerd on my way back from the VA hospital in St. Cloud. It never did warm up like the weather guessers said it would. Hi temp was 34F for about an hour and then it started dropping again.

On edit: While my bike was parked in the VA hospital parking lot, a guy put a note on it for me. It reads" Good to see another "Iron Ass" on the road. I too ride my cycle - at least once every month of the year. Mine - VZ800 Suzuki Ride on, Al"

Pretty cool, my wife says "see, you guys all belong on the 7th floor there at the VA......."
                            Love it! "Iron Ass" LOL
                            1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

I rode to church today gloomy but dry. Went to check out an '80 550, but the owner flaked out and went AWOL. Caught up with the rain on the way home. No tag photos or ride photos, it was raining.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

AZR came over today to give me a hand with my new progressive shocks I had a stripped bolt but Rob re-threaded for me and installed the shocks. Went for a little ride to get a tag and test out the new V&H and jet kit. The bike is running fantastic! With the weight reduction fron the pipes and the jetting the bike is very noticably faster. Happy about that. And the shocks make for mucg better handling too.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X