No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you live in a dangerous area for bikes when you see signs like these posted. This sign a little over a mile from where I live was posted
    October 2012. There are also two other signs as you approach this T intersection. Surely something bad must've happened there not too long ago. These are the only signs like this I've ever seen.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I was hoping for a better pic, there's a full moon but it just doesn't show it, and those are orange trees full of oranges, don't think they show either.

I was trying to get a sunset pic, but I think I was too early must come back and try to get "the" shot.
      sigpic
      Steve

Comment

Well as I was taking a break, this guy saw me and thought I was in trouble, so he stopped, and I took a pic of him and his bike also. He (Jack) said his wife gave him an hour's kitchen pass so he could ride his 650.
        He was in awe of the size of my engine.

I think this is the shot I wanted. Temperature dropping, time to head home. I replaced a front brake caliper than was hanging up, so I needed to test drive the bike, at least that's my reason. It was a beautiful day, and it'll be warming up throughout the week.
        sigpic
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
          Well as I was taking a break, this guy saw me and thought I was in trouble, so he stopped, and I took a pic of him and his bike also. He (Jack) said his wife gave him an hour's kitchen pass so he could ride his 650.

Did he say "Oh.. so you stopped here... to, ah, take a picture of your bike... and, ah, now you want to take picture of me."

Nice ride story. And nice pictures.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Nice ride story. And nice pictures.
            +2. Very nice shot Steve. Saved in my MC Photo file. I bet if you could push the flash it would light up the bike a bit.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Very nice Steve!

I didn't take a photo today but did some video instead... going to be without the 450 for a couple of weeks from this Friday so needed to get out at least for a quick run:

http://youtu.be/CRPzG4gvZpk
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                +................... I bet if you could push the flash it would light up the bike a bit.
                My expereince has been that it will light the bike only a little bit (depending on distance maybe not at all) but WILL light up the reflectors A LOT.

Not intending to turn "who went for ride" into "who took a picture", but, yah, I do like stopping on a ride if see a nice scene where can pose bike. Seems to be a few other folks here with such affliction.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Cold Ride today. 35' And some snow. Pulled over at my favorite stop. Heated Grips helped out. The bike is running great with new 1100 in it. It's time to do some detail engine cleaning now that all the bugs have been worked out. Went about 50 miles today!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I went for a 50 mile jaunt yesterday evening with the temp hovering @ about 34F. The bike ran great. When I left to come home I had to sham-wow the ice crystals from the seat. I was only slightly chilled in the thigh area due to the flannel lined jeans not being quite enough for the temp.
                    I haven't put the quilted liner in my jacket yet and only saw one other rider out. The waves betwixt riders when it's bitey outside seem to be more significant.

Another season of winter riding. Quite honestly, I really like it. When the roads are dry, it's the GS, snowy or sloppy, I switch to the DR.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
                      I went for a 50 mile jaunt yesterday evening with the temp hovering @ about 34F. The bike ran great. When I left to come home I had to sham-wow the ice crystals from the seat. I was only slightly chilled in the thigh area due to the flannel lined jeans not being quite enough for the temp.
                      I haven't put the quilted liner in my jacket yet and only saw one other rider out. The waves betwixt riders when it's bitey outside seem to be more significant.

Another season of winter riding. Quite honestly, I really like it. When the roads are dry, it's the GS, snowy or sloppy, I switch to the DR.
                      I'm considering picking up aDR100 just to ride around on in the snow. $500 for one right down the road. End of Season sale he said.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

got out for a spin last weekend for an hour or so

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post

I think this is the shot I wanted. Temperature dropping, time to head home. I replaced a front brake caliper than was hanging up, so I needed to test drive the bike, at least that's my reason. It was a beautiful day, and it'll be warming up throughout the week.

Such a pretty 1100E next to the modern V-Strom. Beautiful E!
                          1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Oh I took the 1K out for a jaunt, it just wanted out for awhile. It was actually nice out, mid 70's, still wore a jacket though. Stopped by this old
                            Vietnam Veteran war museum, never been in there but it's only a quarter mile from my house as the crow flies and about 2 miles if you drive. Someday I'll go in since I'm a vet, a Vietnam era vet, even tough I never went to Nam.

Then I went to my favorite park, so peaceful, had it all to myself, no wonder they close at sunset and that was just minutes away.
                            sigpic
                            Steve

Comment

sedelen, I've been to NAM several times. From time to time when a conversation permits, I start my story..."When I was in NAM, I...." when questioned about my involvement there, I have to confess it was in tourist-capacity.

Comment

all my performance rides are alone. Makes for better story telling!
                                Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                                A friend of mine just picked up a Street Triple R and so we went out riding tonight. He is pretty new to performance street riding so I showed him Bear Mountain State Park (same place I rode last night, and probably the best roads in the local 100 mile area ). We had a whole lotta fun, and I showed him a few pointers regarding body positioning and line selection. Also pointed him in the direction of Lee Park's book.

It was nice riding with another bike up there, as many of my 'performance' rides are solo.

Comment

Working...
                                X