Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    Did you check the forecast Trev ?
    I just did. 60% chance of showers and high of 6c. Brrr. But then it is a ski area. Them islanders ....think all of Canada is balmy.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      I just did. 60% chance of showers and high of 6c. Brrr. But then it is a ski area. Them islanders ....think all of Canada is balmy.
      I did too and the forecast I saw showed mixed rain and snow continuing into tomorrow. Assuming Trev was on the ferry when he posted he should be alright with the high of the day........
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
        Depending on your definition, maybe it is the Islanders that are balmy!
        balm·y
        ˈbä(l)mē/
        adjective
        adjective: balmy; comparative adjective: balmier; superlative adjective: balmiest
          (of the weather) pleasantly warm.
          "the balmy days of late summer"
          North American dated
          extremely foolish; eccentric.
          "this is a balmy decision"

Henry and I went for a 222 mile ride yesterday, quite cool up near 4000' of elevation at frozen Leighton Lake.
        IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

I played hooky for 3 hours yesterday and explored some of the area around me. Weather was perfect, traffic was light, and no cops in sight (thank goodness!) Lots of nice views and twisty roads in middle TN. Came across this dam at the end of fun curvey section of road.

The high side

The low side

Then came across this scenic overlook on the other side of the lake.

All in all a very pleasant day on two wheels. Can't wait to get back out again...
          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Nice country, looks like a Suzuki you're riding?
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

You guys are funny! Lol
              i was going to take the 9 ferry but got my bike all packed up and it wouldn't start... Like dead battery...waited then it started. So went straight to my BMW dealer they toll it in and it had some corrosion around the terminal connectors. So I caught the 11 ferry. Got to whistler at 2:20 lol.... I love the sea to sky!!! Lots of traffic going through Vancouver but but 99 was empty and I flew!
              Cold doesn't bother me but snow and ice does. Roads were dry as a bone with it getting down to about 5 at the top. And yes I checked the weather obsessively for the last 4 days! Nothing like getting paid to ride your motorcycle to whistler and get mileage too! 😃😜
              nowh here's hoping Friday afternoon cooperates too. I send Gary some pics I took of it up here if doesn't mind posting them. Cheers guys
              No signature

Comment

HAHA... 71' (22'C) here in "Cold A$$" Vermont... Raking some big miles! Funny to think it's (Much)colder over in BC... 250 miles on between 2 bikes today!!!

Finished the 150 miles on the Connie...

Finished the day doing what the Connie does best!

GROCERY GETTING!!!!!!

Like that Bandit 12.5 GBW!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

dragged the skunk les pew out through the mud today. took the main baffle out of the delkevic exhaust to see what it was like and have some fun. it likes it that way i think. too loud for people though.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Seeing that dirty ass Skunk on a dirt road puts a smile on my face. I love it.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
                      This is from Monday when I made another foray into the blue armed with my dash cam.

It was quite cold and maybe not the best day to wear a new open face helmet.

Thank you for the video. I learned something in 20 seconds I didn't know, UPS delivers in England. I paid $65 to send 4 pounds to the UK today and I needed an alternative! I may suggest that you find an alternative place to mount the camera because as lovely as the scenery is, it's a bit "right cheeky". Thank again.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        You guys are funny! Lol
                        i was going to take the 9 ferry but got my bike all packed up and it wouldn't start... Like dead battery...waited then it started. So went straight to my BMW dealer they toll it in and it had some corrosion around the terminal connectors. So I caught the 11 ferry. Got to whistler at 2:20 lol.... I love the sea to sky!!! Lots of traffic going through Vancouver but but 99 was empty and I flew!
                        Cold doesn't bother me but snow and ice does. Roads were dry as a bone with it getting down to about 5 at the top. And yes I checked the weather obsessively for the last 4 days! Nothing like getting paid to ride your motorcycle to whistler and get mileage too! 
                        nowh here's hoping Friday afternoon cooperates too. I send Gary some pics I took of it up here if doesn't mind posting them. Cheers guys

I'm envious of you Trevor!
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

189 miles today - most since I got back on 17 months ago. 12 Harleys and one each from the big four Jap. I was the only one without a windshield.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                            I'm envious of you Trevor!
                            Don't be Charlie, it's snowing right now. Lol...�� Never saw another bike up here today. Funny riding by people carrying skis and snowboards. No wonder people looked at me weird.��
                            Its pretty ironic being in whistler for an addictions conference... All you can smell is weed everywhere... Lol
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                              Thank you for the video. I learned something in 20 seconds I didn't know, UPS delivers in England. I paid $65 to send 4 pounds to the UK today and I needed an alternative! I may suggest that you find an alternative place to mount the camera because as lovely as the scenery is, it's a bit "right cheeky". Thank again.

cg

UPS and all the other big players operate in the UK.

As for the cam position, it's mounted on the rear indicator so that give me 3 alternatives and a choice of directions. Still experimenting with it but I'll try a new location next time.
                              The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                You guys are funny! Lol
                                Cold doesn't bother me but snow and ice does. Roads were dry as a bone with it getting down to about 5 at the top. And yes I checked the weather obsessively for the last 4 days! Nothing like getting paid to ride your motorcycle to whistler and get mileage too! 
                                I think you dodged a bullet here Trev. No rain up to about 3 o'clock but after a front moved in and it was blowing and raining pretty hard. Here are the photos Trev sent me.........

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X