anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Yikes! Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll wait a bit before riding it this year.
    Saw a lime green K1300R out there today so I know your bike could handle it!
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
      Saw a lime green K1300R out there today so I know your bike could handle it!
      Well it was St Paddy's day!
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post

Interesting for a couple different reasons.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Took day off work. Work is getting slow, and took a day off to pretend I was retired.
          Saw that was a Patriot Guard "mission" this morning, so planned on riding to that.

Knew it was going to be 35 degress this morning, but the sight of snow and hail stones on picnic table and on car really got my attention.

Was about a 40 minute ride to there.
          The electric gloves really made the difference again.

THe mission was quite an experience, but that is an entire different story.
          Link to story.

Afterwards, rode back along some interesting roads. Barley 40 degrees.
          I was a little cold by time got home, but had a good hour ride.
          Last edited by Redman; 03-21-2016, 06:13 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You're barley willing to proof read Bro.
            Bike looks real polished, I like.
            I'm planning on sanding and clearcoating my bike very soon.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I've been updating this view since November showing some level of recovery from the drought. But today as I was taking this picture, my GS1100ES popped from neutral into 3rd gear (weird) and jerked forward and died. The real trouble came when I tried to restart and the battery was nearly dead. All the electrical posts from Posplayr rushed through my head. I was now the one far from home with a bad charging system. I pushed the bike up a short incline, turned it around and push started it and made it about 40 miles--to within 2 miles of home before the battery completely died and could not keep the bike running. I got a ride home and brought a battery from one of my other bikes back and got home no problem. The apparent culprit--a white/red wire had pulled out of a connector. I believe it runs to/from the R/R. Completed the single point ground tonight. Have to check the positive connections next. Quick test looking better but still not perfect.

At least the water level is looking good...
              sigpic
              1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
              1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
              1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
              On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
              All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Really Great shots guys... I'll refrain from posting till I at least get my Suzuki up and going... Last of the kids to get ready but still too cold and too dirty to really carve.

Hoping by April 1st it will be out and ready.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

It was 85F and cloudless with a light breeze yesterday. I watched the GP race in the morning and then spend the afternoon doing my best Rossi impression on 250 miles of canyon roads. What a perfect day.

I REALLY should have taken some pictures as everything was green, and the hills were blanketed with orange, yellow, and purple wildflowers but I was having way too much fun to stop. Guess I'll have to ride that loop again this week and bring my camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                    It was 85F and cloudless with a light breeze yesterday. I watched the GP race in the morning and then spend the afternoon doing my best Rossi impression on 250 miles of canyon roads. What a perfect day.

I REALLY should have taken some pictures as everything was green, and the hills were blanketed with orange, yellow, and purple wildflowers but I was having way too much fun to stop. Guess I'll have to ride that loop again this week and bring my camera.
                    Yes, do take some pictures of everything in bloom!
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                      Yes, do take some pictures of everything in bloom!
                      I need to hurry up and do that! By mid-april almost everything will be dried up... Spring is short lived here.

Comment

Went on a quick birthday ride today...

... ran into Trevor and his son on his '83 1100 out looking for a lunch spot. Sweet bike, wish I had a blue '83 1100!
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Happy birthday, Dave. Everything is for sale
                          sigpic
                          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260
                          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Last night Mark came by for one of his "I got 1 hour of time away from the wife and kids"..lol visit last night. This is one cool gixxer!

My son and I went of for his first ride of the year today..he tried out his new gear and we grabbed some poutine......I managed to get all three GS bikes out for a spin today.
                            One of the great pleasures of my life is riding with my son.

No signature

Comment

Trev, your kid is looking like he's big enough for his own bike now .
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Trev, your kid is looking like he's big enough for his own bike now .
                                Yeah you are right Jedz..he gets bigger everyday! I do want to get him another bike someday...he had a Honda crf70 for a while but he started to lose interest and I didn't want to push him. I would love to ride with him on the street someday....you know go on those Father/Son trips.......he turns 14 in September so I'm thinking soon...I would like to see him have a couple of years of riding dirt under his belt before he turns 16 and wants to ride my K1300R....just kidding..he won't be on that bike! Lol...
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X