No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went for a ride 2 days ago. Just purchased a GS1100G from Napier and rode it home. Lovely ride to Taupo then thru back roads to Te Awamutu then home to Auckland, about 420km. Nice and warm, bike went superbly!2016-03-10 11.24.39.jpg

This is the beast in my garage at home.

Comment

I LOVE THAT PAINT SCHEME!!!!

Welcome to GSR!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The saga is over. Went to immigration and got the Green Card today. She is officially an American....

sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Don't be Charlie, it's snowing right now. Lol...�� Never saw another bike up here today. Funny riding by people carrying skis and snowboards. No wonder people looked at me weird.��
          Its pretty ironic being in whistler for an addictions conference... All you can smell is weed everywhere... Lol
          How many beers did you have
          sigpic
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260

Comment

Indeed a mighty fine ride. I love mine. Welcome!
            cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
              The saga is over. Went to immigration and got the Green Card today. She is officially an American....

Nice! But tidy up your garage, Bob... the GS got used to living in a shrine.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I have way more $h!t than I should.... Need to get rid of a few hobbies, or make more money and get a bigger garage.
                sigpic
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260

Comment

I took the last ten days off to burn up some vacation time and decided to spend the last free day of it on the road today. I left the house at 8ish this morning with the expectation that the weather would be cool but warm up fairly quickly today; sadly I was not as dressed for it as I thought I was and wished for another sweatshirt. However, the arrival into Chillicothe and the beginnings of some good roads in Ohio 772 and Ohio 124 made up for the coolness and I really enjoyed the ride back to the house.

All of the rain we received yesterday was very noticeable in every stream and river I passed today as all of them were at the tops of their banks (or very close). The first obvious one was where I normally stop in Caesar Creek over the Corwin Covered Bridge; I didn't notice the geese on top of the bridge until after I got home and started uploading the pictures.

I stopped in Leesburg on Hwy 28 and just had to stop and get pictures of their Veterans Memorial. This is the first time I have seen the Merchant Marine mentioned in any Veterans Memorial but thought it was pretty neat. There are memorial bricks placed throughout the grounds with the oldest I could find being of a Civil War Veteran.

The local schools also place bricks with one from the last class in 1937

As the road I took turned south at a junction, I managed to get a couple of pictures since I was having too much fun to do so beforehand. I noticed there was a manmade cave into the hill with something of a structure on top but not enough to tell what it was beyond a supposition that it was an old house.

Sadly, it's back to work on Monday so we'll see when I can get out again; but for now, these 230 miles were a nice start to Spring.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Great report Cowboy! Glad you got out and thanks for taking the time to post up the great pics!!

Cheers
                    No signature

Comment

Those geese on top of the bridge, and one of them honking is a lucky classic, just what a pro would die for.
                      Great!
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I decided to hit the road early today from Whistler...got on the road at 9:30am...about 3 (36) degrees but the roads were dry....Lot of traffic coming up to Whistler today as it was the start of spring break here. I stopped for pics a few times and made it to the ferry around 11:40....I sure am glad I decided to roll the dice on riding the bike to Whistler...no rain at all except when I got home the last few kms I rode in some drizzle....
                        I gotta say, I don't know what I did to deserve this life but life..indeed is good!

Blackcomb...

Only bike at the ferry today...

No signature

Comment

Nice write up and pictures Cowboy. Glad to see you have your motorcycle running good. 👍
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Thanks Storm; I hope to have everything ready to keep up with you at Brown County or at least keep you in sight long enough to catch your little turn off, hide, and follow tricks
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                              Nice country, looks like a Suzuki you're riding?
                              Yup... 07 Suzuki GSF1250SA (Bandit). Something wonderful about a big Suzuki inline 4
                              Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Last of the snow melted Sunday-Monday. And had a little rain during the week to wash off the roads.

Got the GK out of the back corner of the garage last night (Friday).
                                Was planning on a ride for early this morning (Saturday). Temps predicted at a bout 35. So I finally installed a power harness for the heated gloves on the GK too now. Gloves are only 24watts, and I figure that gloves would be the most effective use of the amperage.

THis morning was 35 with heavy frost on car. Was 38 when I left.
                                Rode into Grand Rapids. Took a direct route despite not being so interesting, but that is okay for the GKs first outing.
                                Was about an hour ride. THe heated gloves really made the difference. Setting of 3 of 5 was too warm, so turn down to 2 for a while and 3 for a short while. Kept an eye on the voltmeter, even though at setting of 2 that would be less than an amp of load and 3 would be just over an amp (assuming the adjustment is linear). No problem.

Went to BMW dealer. They were having an open house and demonstrating the new R1200RT. (not that I would ever get one.... or any other new bike for that matter). But no need to talk about that here.

Was there and about to leave. Heard from my son that they were at the zoo in Grand Rapids, so I went and joined them for about 3 hours. That was fun. Did not mind trading that for the afternoon of a long ride.
                                Pics of grand daughter at the zoo.

Took a long way back home from Grand Rapids.
                                Was in low 50s. Great. Was out for about an hour and a half.

A great day.

Last edited by Redman; 03-12-2016, 08:55 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X