No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to ride the 250cc version when I was 15-16 years old! (Is that a 250?)

Suzuki Savage. Much better that the Yamaha DT250 and 360.

Eric

Comment

It's a 1972 TC125

I want one....

Comment

Guatemala to Costa Rica on the old GS

This is an album of photos, not very good, but to show what my little GS can do on a trip to CR with my fellow BMW friends...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=a6b5e549a5

Comment

Ran a few errands on the wife's bike. Just a 10 mile loop on the first day of spring.
          My carbs are sitting in water and vinegar for the last 5 days.
          I usually can't leave something undone that long, but I'm waiting on emulsion tubes and O-rings for my sling shot carbs.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I lust your wife's bike.
            Is there something wrong with that?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
              I lust your wife's bike.
              Is there something wrong with that?

Eric
              Why do you? and Why would it be wrong.

In all honesty the bike is a great performer and we have taken it to places you wouldn't consider, but emotionally it does nothing for me. She has put 47,000 kms on it in just over two years, weekend rides, mostly.

Comment

Have you had the throttle from 7,000 to 10,500?

That's why.

Eric

Comment

Yes I did, and this is what was waiting at home for me.

This might sound corny, but I always feel Him watching me ride.
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Richsuz View Post
                    This is an album of photos, not very good, but to show what my little GS can do on a trip to CR with my fellow BMW friends...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=a6b5e549a5

Thanks for sharing. Those pictures were fantastic. Talk about an old durable GS!! right along side all the new BMW's, good on you. Loved all the food photo's. How did the bike hold up on the trip? and the scenery, wow. Not just he views but the local towns and little places, man I would love to do that trip. Very nice indeed.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                      Thanks for sharing. Those pictures were fantastic. Talk about an old durable GS!! right along side all the new BMW's, good on you. Loved all the food photo's. How did the bike hold up on the trip? and the scenery, wow. Not just he views but the local towns and little places, man I would love to do that trip. Very nice indeed.
                      hehehe, thanks. When I showed up with my OLD LADY, everyone else was shocked . I had two issues with her. half way through Honduras, I hit a couple of 4 inch deep potholes at 60 mph. Both rims had dings, but the front one was severe enough to let some air out. So I had to pump air at every gas fill up. That was on the way to Costa Rica. So I rode like that for 1400 additional miles. I was unable to have it fixed, due to the fact that it would stop the trip for 12 people for 2 days, and I was not able to secure a 19" innertube anywhere. Another issue was that the timing chain started to make loud noises. In Costa Rica, I was able to reset the tensor and that was that. The main issue for me was the gastank size and Mileage. Running with this BMrs meant going an average of 80 mph, and at that speed, I only got 34 mpg on a 2.5 gal tank. Those guys were still getting 45 mpg on their camel size tanks!!!!

As a result from my Guatemala-Costa Rica trip, I had to go from the 650 to a 1100 wheel I found brand new at the dealership for USD$30.

Too bad they don't have a matching rear one, since it is a G.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        Have you had the throttle from 7,000 to 10,500?

That's why.

Eric
                        In fifth, there seems to be a rev limiter. It caps off at about 8500, and the bikes top speed is about 136 kms/h. I hear that there is a a WYSECO cam and valve kit that increases the hp by about 5% and a Quad CDI that eliminates de rev limitation, but so far I have not been able to locate the one needed.

We use this two bikes mostly for touring, been as far north as Guadalajara on them.

Comment

Since there seemed a little interest in my pictures, here are some from our trip back in 2010. 40 days through the southern part of Mexico. Our goal was to get to LA in 2 weeks, but we were having such a wonderful time crisscrossing Mex that we only made it half way.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10690...OLLtZTplZmo_QE

Comment

Long weekend in El SalvADOR, three weeks ago.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=def41a0045

Did not go on the GS that time. The XS was begging to go out

Comment

Went for a ride to the MC bone yard, but was closed, continued to cruise another 57 miles.

Now that the bike is running, I'll be joining the riding game as well!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richsuz View Post
                                https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=def41a0045

Did not go on the GS that time. The XS was begging to go out

Fantastic, thanks again for posting the pictures, beautiful. You guys sure look like your having the time of you life, except for maybe the spline repair in Mexico. Did the bearing go? Man that little 250 of her's sure looks like it keeps up no problem. Love the Yamaha, looks to be your 'dirt bike'. Had to laugh at the photo of the meat market though, I don't think I'd be buying anything. I'm too Canadianized for open meat markets like that. Man I would love to tour down there, just always worried about the safety level. Maybe I hear too much propaganda up here? keep the pics coming, thanks again.
                                Rob
                                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                                X