anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick,
    Not corny at all and one incredible shot! Thanks for sharing it.
    Niels

Comment

Went for a 203.6 mile fun run today, all over the place, couldn't get the smile off my face with a crowbar, loving it, I cant believe how well she runs, idles so smoothly, rips through all the gears. I must have got the valve adjustment and carb job damn near perfect, The sync was dead on after the bench sync, no adjustments necessary, I'm pulling the plugs tomorrow o see how well the tune is. Anyway, rode out in the country, back into the suburbs, and went into our Cleveland Emerald Necklace Metro Park System, even took a mini picnic with me, sandwich and an ice tea.

rode late into the nite

Also got an amazing 43.6 miles to the gallon today.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Mmm, beer.
        Someone had to.

'80 GS1000ST
        '92 ZX-11
        Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

2nd attempt at getting valve adjustment right (using 2 x bendy feeler guages) but .... fail
          always tomorrow

Comment

Very happy that it is staying lighter out longer now. Got out after dinner to get rid of some cobwebs. Great night for a ride and a nice sunset around the Pacific. Looks like the weather might start turning for the better. Supposed to be 11 and sunny this weekend and a few of us are planning a nice long ride up Island.
            No signature

Comment

rode with a couple guys with yamaha FJRs through the finger lakes yesterday. they seemed pretty comfy on their shiny 2000 something bikes but the gs850 was just fine for me. put on almost 200 miles.

This is Honeoye lake from the south end. If i had a good camera you might be able to see the city of Rochester, ny in the distance.

found this collection of old heavy equipment on a dirt road. i enjoyed comparing their bikes to this lawnmower.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Eli, your bike looks sharp and that luggage rack/backrest looks like it could support quite a bit of weight.

I only rode 35 miles yesterday on the '81 1100EX myself.
                It was still a hoot as usual!
                And, I wasn't the only GS1100E at Bike Night!

Eric
                Last edited by Guest; 03-22-2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Seems like lake pics are getting popular lately, so why should I be different, went cruising to Lake Erie today, checked out the boat ramp on Whiskey Island, some very old piers at a popular swimming beach, another newly built pier for fishing, and Edgewater Park, the statue at the park is Richard Wagner who presides over the park, a German Composer who was one of the many German immigrants who came to Cleveland. And in a couple pics you can see the city skyline.

Comment

Old_skool, you appear to be at a MUCH BETTER location than the City of Cleveland! YUK!
                    I cannot stand big cities myself.

Eric

Comment

I don't live in Cleveland, grew up there long ago, but I live a good deal south, about an hours ride south in a little township.

Comment

Me and Rob (AZR) got out for a little ride today and some lunch too. Great day hit 12 degrees and sunny! Tomorrow we are going for a bigger ride up Island.
                        No signature

Comment

Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

I've been riding every day since March 14 2012. It was quite messy for awhile, but things are cleaning up really fast around here. We've had temperatures in the mid 20's C or 70's F for 4 or 5 days. Breaking 130 + year old records.
                          1981 GS 1000GLX.
                          1981 GS 1000G.
                          1981 GS 650GLX.
                          1975 TS 185.
                          1972 100. Kawasaki.
                          1968 100. Suzuki.
                          1970 Z 50. Honda.
                          1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
                          1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

Me and Rob (AZR) and Glenn on his awesome Eddie met at the Canadian institution Tim Hortons at 11am and went up Island to The Genoa Bay Cafe for lunch. Then proceeded to find some great fast twistie back roads! Gotta tell ya I had to push the old 750 pretty hard to keep up to these boys! We did 300km (180mi) got home in time for dinner. What a awesome day!
                            Last edited by trevor; 03-25-2012, 01:29 AM.
                            No signature

Comment

the wife and i got out for a spin fri, have the old 400-4 stripped for paint which will be parakeet yellow by the end of today i hope.Got about 40 miles from home and had my 7yr old tell me there was water leaking so i looked down and noticed the upper rad hose had a pinhole and was spraying right onto the car next to us at the lights. Quick trip to Canadian tire i rolled out with a hose and roll of MAGIC tape,wrapped that hose with tape and it did not leak a drop for 40 miles but have since changed the hose as i did not want to test the durability of magic tape for the summer. good thing the guy had his window up or he would have gotten the antifreeze wash.

Comment

That was the first time I've been up over the Malahat on the bike since October, talk about cabin fever. Yesterday was good for the soul I tell you. Here's yours again Trevor so that we can see all the glory a bit better, and a couple of mine.

A great hidden gem of a restaurant in Genoa Bay, great road out there as well as you can tell by the parking lot.

Just a couple of squares....

Beautiful ride with a stop out in Youbou. It's hard around here to find roads with no traffic but that old Lake Cowichan Highway is one that's for sure.

Rob
                                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                                X