No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After we finished the morning ride to the Overlook restaurant during the rally on Friday, I managed to snap this picture of Charmayne in front of the bikes. I had no clue what I actually saw though until I got inside and started reviewing the phone. She sure was hungry that day:

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      I had no clue what I actually saw though until I got inside and started reviewing the phone. She sure was hungry that day:[/URL]
      Where do you find those miniature edible helmets at? LOL

Comment

Tourist season is not quite here yet so the Niagara Parkway was empty today.
        Ended up at The Mather Arch in Fort Erie. A monument representing the good relationship between the U.S.and Canada.
        The Peace Bridge in the back ground heading over to Buffalo.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Tourist season is not quite here yet so the Niagara Parkway was empty today.
          Ended up at The Mather Arch in Fort Erie. A monument representing the good relationship between the U.S.and Canada.
          The Peace Bridge in the back ground heading over to Buffalo.

Had the privilege to ride one once around town with a Staintune (sp?) 6-6 or was it a 3-1-3 can't remember.
          What a fine note that thing put out, just doing a loop around town under 45 mph.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

That is a PipeMasters system from Australia on mine. A 3-1-3.
            It does nothing for performance but it looks and sounds cool.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

After another grinding day at work, and a frustrating home project after, I got out for a ride tonight. Nothing worth photographing, but it was nice to get out, get unwound, smell the cut grass and my favorite late spring scent- honeysuckle. The inviting, warm, humid, night air was an added bonus.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Ready to go for our NE GSR Meet!!!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Did a 100 mile trip on my 1100L today, got a bit wet on the way home. Need a new fuel line, the old one pinches shut and cuts off the fuel. All in all a good day.

V
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Rode into Grand Rapids last night (Summer Time Blues, Tommy Castro).
                    Took a road that goes along the north side of the river.
                    Told myself that I was not stopping for pictures, have been on that road many times, have lots of pictures already. (and, scheesch... am not done posting pics from weekend Brown County trip.)

Going thru one of the marshy areas, there was some huge Blue Herons(?) Great Heron(?) close to the road, with heads poked up higher than the vegetation, real close to the road.

U-Turn.

Bike parked in bicycle lane, I had to stand in road, dodging some traffic. Mean time the birds had all stepped further away, these two still in picture frame.
                    As I am getting back on bike, I see there is a sheriff car up near the next intersection, doing a three-point-u-turn to head my way. I get underway and nod to him as I am pulling away.

<< also have a "GS Sighting" to post. >>

Last edited by Redman; 06-16-2016, 12:40 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman, those birds don't look like the Great Blue Herons I see around here. I noticed that the Sandhill crane breeds in your area and the thing is, I saw a pair last strutting along around here with their new chick last week. Nice picture.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                        Well, not today, but last week. Couldn't get around to upload a picture until now.

After a hefty Friday evening with lots of booze and friends, didn't bother with preparing a breakfast – hopped on the bike instead, bought some snacks, drove up a hill and nibbled away in the sun.

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        Looks nice! Where are the mountains?
                        From this POV, they would be on the left-hand side of the picture. Location is northern country, looking south-east. First ridges about 50km beeline out. Weather on this day was (and unfortunately still is) quite weird; a lot of sunny "pockets" interspersed with huge rainy/foggy/hazy areas, that's why one can't see them on this pic.

Redman: You seem to live in a nice corner of the country, keep the pictures coming

Jedz123: Your L looks very nice.
                        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

After we finished the morning ride to the Overlook restaurant during the rally on Friday, I managed to snap this picture of Charmayne in front of the bikes. I had no clue what I actually saw though until I got inside and started reviewing the phone. She sure was hungry that day:

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                          Oooh, we should totally create GSR gummy helmets (not bears)!
                          #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                          #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                          #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                          #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Mount Washington Auto Road summit today. The fiance and I rode out early to do this while it was still cooler outside. Then we went to Laconia for bike week. Heading down again Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                              Oooh, we should totally create GSR gummy helmets (not bears)!
                              I'll buy a dozen
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                                Hmmm... could probably do something with cupcakes or muffins.

Comment

Working...
                                X