No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics from my trip from western new york to the first gsr loudon classic rally. see this thread:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...Sat-June-17-18

first stop other than for gas was the ruins of the revolutionary war fort at crown point, ny. southern end of lake champlain.

the bridge to vermont from crown point. had that annoying grooved pavement that makes the bike feel squishy.

the ducati xdiavel i experienced at the demo rides at loudon. the ride leader was on a busa. myself and some other gsr members were able to stay right with him on these monstrosities. sick fast bike, capable of murder.

and a nice little waterfall near my camping spot in the adirondack mountains on the way home.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Great pics! I love the Adirondacks, and the Fenimore Cooper books.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Beautiful waterfall!

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
          pics from my trip from western new york to the first gsr loudon classic rally. see this thread:

With pics like that, I will have to look at the rally thread.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
            pics from my trip from western new york to the first gsr loudon classic rally
            What a contrast of bikes from the first to second photo.

Did you get along with the Devil? Nice shots!
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Eli, Lurch and I had a very spirited Demo ride on the Xdiavel... Holy crap.

Glad you made it home safe my friend! It was great to rack close to 500 miles together!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Been to hot to ride much here and I don't much care for night riding. AZ is even worse right now.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                  Been to hot to ride much here and I don't much care for night riding. AZ is even worse right now.
                  Las Cruces? Right on the border, it's gotta be HOT.
                  Me, night riding or driving, like black ink. When it's raining, like you're driving on the bottom of the ocean. In the city, all artificial lighting…ugly, yellow as pis.
                  However, under a full moon on an interstate through Indiana I was alone enough to switch off the headlights for a few miles, that was fantastic!
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I think this sign could be my soulmate.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

We're in the middle of winter here in Perth, 5 degrees Celcius and a bit brisk riding though the Perth hills today.
                      I was introduced to a set of hills they call the roller coaster, you basically start on a country winding road and then a hill pops up in front of you, next thing you're over the top and the ground falls away from you. It widens out and you have a clear view of the hill opposite. Problem is the road just goes down and down, until you hit the bottom and start climbing again. At the top you almost go weightless going over the too and start going down again. I got the GS850 up to 169 kph and then remembered , "Oh, I'm supposed to be running this new motor in."
                      I'm going back there with the Hayabusa next weekend and see if I can do the magical top speed.
                      We went with a hunch of riders from the Perth Cafe Racers, and hit the gourmet pie shop outside of Northam, into Toodjay and then down into the vineyard area of the Swan valley for a feed and beer. Great day out on the GS850, a few little teething problems like, a oil persistent leak, lost a red reflector off the tail section, and a dodgy mirror that won't stay tight.

Comment

It was good church today. Out in the Kent countryside here in the UK.

Godmersham Village Church, Kent, UK

Richard
                        sigpic
                        GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                        GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                        GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                        GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                        Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                        Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

I have the same with mine. Some cushioning rubber matting or carpet underlay between the top of the speedo and the fairing accounts for quite a bit of noise. Just look at see the wear on the speedo.

Greetings
                          Richard
                          sigpic
                          GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                          GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                          Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                            I can just imagine how hot it is there in Cruces. But I still prefer that over heat and Humidity like here in Jacksonville, FL.

I'm back in Florida for my bday and it's hot/humid as b*lls. Beach time and craft beer, I'm lovin' just hangin' out! Going home with Maple Bacon Coffee Porter and French Toast from Funky Buddha brewery!

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Riding the Kanc NH112 you can see Eli bringing up the rear... This was last week on our NE GSR Rally...
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

jedz, i forgot about that. i was pretty sure he missed me though. good pic. is that your official riding face?
                                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X