No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a Veterans Outreach ride (wa22iors). Had an emotionally charged day for my Brother in law and father are both Vets. My Dad made a moving statement about PTSD for as the senior combat medic of his Army task force battalion in Ramadi, Iraq he witnessed almost every causality loss in his group. Very sobering, knowing 22 Veterans end their own lives every day from the inner demons they can never shake... It was good to actually go and meet the folks that fight to lower that number every day and contribute to a cause I hold very near and dear.

Any way I was the only one with a 4 cylinder bike/ non cruiser. Got allot of compliments. Some guys thought it was Scooter until I spun it up. Wasn't the best day to run hit multiple thunderstorms... Did grab a good handful of miles. Good time with family, Great Cause!

The Family Rides 06 Stratoliner, 15 Road glide and my Connie

Good to get together with the family. (left to right) Dad, Me , Bro in Law, and Baby Sister.

Love the fact our family rides.

Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Sounds like a great time. I gotta admit this is the first time I've heard a Connie called a scooter. heh
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        On summertime holidays I will allow myself to use my original helmet from 1979, only for local short rides.

Yes, that was a DOT helmet in 1979.
        Has about 5/16th of inch of real hard stiff stryofoam type stuff with no padding, just a fabric cover.
        CAn see that the stuff is so thin that the shell has to go further out for the ears. (reminds me of my dads highschool foot ball leather helmet, circa 1948).

THe helmet was originally blue, to match the kz400 I had.
        THen late 80s I painted it to match the 650G .... and, now that I think of it, maybe more inline with the garb of the folks I was associating with at the time.
        And, thinking of that period, ... I since have managed to wash out the stale beer smell from it.

On unfaired bike, and that helmet, really need the ear plugs. Man!

Had about an half hour ride. Had a round of disc golf. And about half hour ride back home.

Sometimes I think I should cut-up that helmet and throw it out.
        But I like having it, for reasons I cant really explain.

Maybe I should smile for such selfie pics. But do have the wind in my face on this bike with that helmet.
        The wind had Had tears running out of eyes.
        A couple times I could not breath, like my nostrils closed up or something.

I wish I had known you play disc golf when we were in Indiana Dave. We would have had more to talk about.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          Harley guys all have bullet heads?
          just 2 of the 4 Harley guys, and one of those is just pretty much just a #0 guard on an electric clipper

Comment

Watched Over or Laughed At?

Took the ​LONG way (40 miles) home from work today and as I crested one hill I noticed a speeding van almost run the stop sign to my right. As I laid on my horn, the driver was smart enough to stop and I slid right on by him without much of an incident. Then, about twenty minutes later, I fell in behind a pickup that had turned onto the road but was going slower than I felt like riding. When we finally got to a passing zone I dropped it to 4th gear, twisted the throttle, and slid over to pass him; however, wouldn't you know that guy felt like trying to race me like he was trying to be Mr. Badass. I made it past him and slid back over just in time to miss another pickup coming the other direction.

I swear I had my guardian angel on my shoulder today but I wonder if maybe someone felt like laughing at me from below
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

IMG-20160717-03081.jpgWent for a short ride this morning. First nice day for a few weeks. Snowed last week 5km away from here.. er though not much snow, just a bit falling but not staying on the ground. Today was 14c.
              gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
              gs850g 1980
              Previously owned
              gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
              gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

IMG-20160717-03086.jpgLooking back to where I took the previous picture. Probably not much nice riding weather for a while as winter sets in. Was good to get out on the bike.
                gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                gs850g 1980
                Previously owned
                gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Got my carbs back from Chef Friday evening so yesterday morning before it was too hot in the garage I got to work on the bike. Swapped the choke parts over from the 81 and the 83 models and installed them with no problems. It took some time to get started but it runs! A little trip around the block, idle adjustment, and I was off. Had to head East through the mountains on old 66 to deliver a birthday card for my nephew, great time for a test ride on this new (to me) bike. 50 miles round trip and it runs great!

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Perfect day for a quick spin around town....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      Got my carbs back from Chef Friday evening so yesterday morning before it was too hot in the garage I got to work on the bike. Swapped the choke parts over from the 81 and the 83 models and installed them with no problems. It took some time to get started but it runs! A little trip around the block, idle adjustment, and I was off. Had to head East through the mountains on old 66 to deliver a birthday card for my nephew, great time for a test ride on this new (to me) bike. 50 miles round trip and it runs great!

Looks great.
                      Good to hear you got it going.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                        Perfect day for a quick spin around town....

Good picture of a nice bike.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

One ride this weekend was to cruise thru the crasyness in Muskegon this weekend.
                          Just to see the spectical of it, since it is only about 20 miles from here. Did that yesterday late afternoon.

About 8 blocks of this.
                          And then the big huge parking lot of the nearby H-D dealer.
                          And then just outside of town, a bigg huge area at a race track.
                          THousands and thousands of bikes. Beer tents with loud music.
                          Just going to ride thru to see, then go for ride.

Did spot this 550L.
                          Stopped and got a pic of it (and posted in GS Sightings).

Oh, Hey, look, there in the background behind the GS, first bike at the curb on the left, ... another oddity there that day,
                          I had seen it when riding thru, but did not realize it was so close the the GS, but now see it in the picture.

.... is one of those goofy things with cylinders sticking out both sides. ..
                          Why, lookie there .... it looks like a BMW, ... a RT, ... an 1150 RT.... and light blue like that, is probably an '02.

(No, did not get mine home to Michigan yet.)

(I rode the black Shadow 500 in foreground of 2nd pic.)

(GK is slobbering fork oil out the seals pretty bad... and is stinking hot in garage to work on it.)

Last edited by Redman; 07-17-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Would be nice to see that many OTHER bikes gathered together!
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Headed down to the Albuquerque International Balloon Museum today. We have, supposedly, the largest hot air balloon event in the world every October. It's an awesome sight if you've never seen 500 or so hot air balloons in the air. Oh, the museum is cool too!

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

from Saturday. I had the day off down here in Fallon so I decided to go out after getting the tires done on my Vulcan and see what more the Sierra Nevada desert had to offer. I went from Reno all the way to Hawthorne.

from the stop at Walker Lake. I look angrier than I was lol:

and the Hawthorne stop. it's a large army ammunition disposition depot:

Comment

Working...
                                X