Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHA Yeah... Look like a fool... That's my face

Eli:

Scroll over a couple... Your on there too.
    Last edited by Jedz123; 06-27-2016, 06:00 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nice to be back on a Suzuki 750... Oh yeah...

After about an hour of riding... (50ish miles) I'm beginning to think I stole this thing... Man, runs like a top, crazy comfy and it's frickin' gorgeous to look at.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Nice to be back on a Suzuki 750... Oh yeah...

After about an hour of riding... (50ish miles) I'm beginning to think I stole this thing... Man, runs like a top, crazy comfy and it's frickin' gorgeous to look at.
        It's a very pretty bike Jedz! Congrats!
        No signature

Comment

Nice 60 mile loop this evening. Didn't leave till 8:30 pm. Temps cooled down and traffic was minimal.
          1 deer and 2 rabbits were spotted.

Last edited by Carter Turk; 06-28-2016, 02:28 AM. Reason: spelling
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

It has been dry around here....good for haying and riding. Today on the ridge with the vintage bike. How many views and riders have our old bikes seen and been ridden by over the last 33 years?

Comment

After the BMW bike night my buddy Doug and I rode home together on the 750's....
              wow... This is number 5000!! Why has this thread still not been made into a sticky??

No signature

Comment

Went out for lunch in Wales with my lad on his GPz500S.

100 miles for a great steak and ale pie and 98 miles home again.

Picked up a few passengers on the way.

No video footage today because I forgot to fit the new SD card. GRRRR!

Still, a great day out.
                The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

4th of July Ride. - - 1979 helmet.

On summertime holidays I will allow myself to use my original helmet from 1979, only for local short rides.

Yes, that was a DOT helmet in 1979.
                  Has about 5/16th of inch of real hard stiff stryofoam type stuff with no padding, just a fabric cover.
                  CAn see that the stuff is so thin that the shell has to go further out for the ears. (reminds me of my dads highschool foot ball leather helmet, circa 1948).

THe helmet was originally blue, to match the kz400 I had.
                  THen late 80s I painted it to match the 650G .... and, now that I think of it, maybe more inline with the garb of the folks I was associating with at the time.
                  And, thinking of that period, ... I since have managed to wash out the stale beer smell from it.

On unfaired bike, and that helmet, really need the ear plugs. Man!

Had about an half hour ride. Had a round of disc golf. And about half hour ride back home.

Sometimes I think I should cut-up that helmet and throw it out.
                  But I like having it, for reasons I cant really explain.

Maybe I should smile for such selfie pics. But do have the wind in my face on this bike with that helmet.
                  The wind had Had tears running out of eyes.
                  A couple times I could not breath, like my nostrils closed up or something.

Last edited by Redman; 07-04-2016, 09:49 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    On summertime holidays I will allow myself to wear my original helmet from 1979, only for local short rides.

Yes, that was a DOT helmet in 1979.
                    Has about 5/16th of inch of real hard stiff stryofoam type stuff with no padding, just a fabric cover.
                    CAn see that the stuff is so thin that the shell has to go further out for the ears. (reminds me of my dads highschool foot ball leather helmet, circa 1948).

THe helmet was originally blue, to match the kz400 I had.
                    THen late 80s I pat iinted to match the 650G .... and, now that I think of it, maybe more inline with the garb of the folks I was associating with at the time.
                    And, thinking of that period, ... I since have managed to wash out the stale beer smell from it.

Hmmm, is that you when you were riding your 1920 Indian Scout? LOL
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I think you need a bubble visor with that helmet, They still make them.

Sometimes I think I should cut-up that helmet and throw it out.
                      But I like having it, for reasons I cant really explain.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                        Hmmm, is that you when you were riding your 1920 Indian Scout? LOL
                        Is somewhat reminiscent of by gone era, probably why I like it.
                        But, ah, not really that old. har har har

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        I think you need a bubble visor with that helmet, They still make them.
                        I used to have those shields (the kind with a bill).

What do you think? ... there are probably folks that have never had a helmet that has those snapps.

Last edited by Redman; 07-05-2016, 06:34 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

bike sat for over 12 months ... battery's toast, but after 6 attempts with recharges in between, it finally kicked over on last attempt before leaving storage ... and rode it for a few miles (shorts & T-shirt ... doooope!)

but it wouldn't restart at end of the ride. new battery needed when the time comes

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Mmmmm Katana... what pipes do you have on that?
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Looks like a Supertrapp stainless header to me...
                              sigpic
                              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                              1983 GS1100e
                              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                              1980 GS1260
                              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                                Looks like a Supertrapp stainless header to me...
                                yes sir. Supertrapp all the way.
                                I have another set (brushed) sitting in storage purchased from Gordon (LA)
                                1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Working...
                                X