anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Cleveland area... Wedding we are in Middlefield right now? I think! It's really flat around here!
    I just had breakfast in Middlefield yesterday, on my way to lake Erie/Toledo... I had a fun ride yesterday. I stopped at this little town on lake Erie called Vermilion. There are canals like roads that you can pull your boat up to your house, pretty cool.

200,000 miles! That is awesome! Way to go Isleomam...
    Attached Files
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

200,000 miles? or km? thx

Comment

The speedo reads in KM. Draw your conclusions from there.

Comment

I am thinking about going for a ride a little later, but it's extremely hot (as usual,) and I just read this article. Sort of bummed me out about going for a quickie (ride, that is.)

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
          Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
            I am thinking about going for a ride a little later, but it's extremely hot (as usual,) and I just read this article. Sort of bummed me out about going for a quickie (ride, that is.)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-horr...151500248.html
            This is certainly not news to us. Yet we ride..... We all court death to some degree. Some by taking that second helping of bacon, some by going for a ride. The really crazy ones take a second helping of bacon, then go for a ride....
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-horr...151500248.html
              LOL. Propaganda. Sell your bike then.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                This is certainly not news to us. Yet we ride..... We all court death to some degree. Some by taking that second helping of bacon, some by going for a ride. The really crazy ones take a second helping of bacon, then go for a ride....
                That's hilarious Glen. As I had my second helping of bacon this morning that's exactly what crossed my mind!

I know an insurance salesman who has been playing tennis for decades. He's a fit guy who's always active, watching his diet and all. He ridiculed me for riding motorcycles and suggested I double my life insurance policy. Lately he's had a cough that just gets worse. After some time he had a chest xray and other tests to find out it may be mesothelioma, lung cancer! His tennis days are over to say the least.

My point is that all of us will go from something. I'm not in a reckless hurry to meet my maker, but I'll sure try to enjoy life here while it lasts! I loved skydiving as a younger man. Sure the thought of bouncing was unappealing, but I'm glad to have had that experience.

Roger
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Boy did I go for a ride. Started out at Cleveland Ohio at 6AM and ended up id Deposit NY on route 10 just a hair before 11AM. I rode hard through all the Catskills and took 30 all the way up to 30A then rode the interstate to glens Falls then back home to Vermont. Awesome day to riop it up. Never ridden in the Catskills before glad I took a solid 6 hours to just ride through it all!

Crazy week: +1600 Miles since Wednesday (I rest the trip with every rear tire, number 4 for the year)

Weekend route:

First Stop: Senica Indian reservation off of 86(cheap gas and smokes)

Quick over look shot off of I-86, blasting my way to the Catskills

Finally arrived: Route 10 First over look

Route 10 again:

Pull of on Route 30 on route to the interstate via 30A:

I might have got to Deposit a little too fast from Cleveland. Spent a good 6 hours riding around and through the Catskills... Great riding... recommend it to anyone!
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 08-28-2016, 07:59 PM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Boy did I go for a ride. Started out at Cleveland Ohio at 6AM and ended up id Deposit NY on route 10 just a hair before 11AM. I rode hard through all the Catskills and took 30 all the way up to 30A then rode the interstate to glens Falls then back home to Vermont. Awesome day to riop it up. Never ridden in the Catskills before glad I took a solid 6 hours to just ride through it all!

Crazy week: +1600 Miles since Wednesday (I rest the trip with every rear tire, number 4 for the year)

I might have got to Deposit a little too fast from Cleveland. Spent a good 6 hours riding around and through the Catskills... Great riding... recommend it to anyone!
                    That's some trip! I'm always dreaming of long runs like that. Still working out the kinks in this 850. So far it's been ok on these two and three hour trips, but I'd like to ride to Southern Cal. to see my grandkids. That looks like a more suitable bike for the 1000+ mile runs for sure!
                    Last edited by Burque73; 08-28-2016, 09:26 PM.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Fing right!!! 200K is allot a time to be doing on just one machine... The FZ1 is an awesome bike!

Looks great too! How many motors have you gone through?
                      That's the second engine installed at 150K. The original was still fine but was due for it's second valve adj which cost about $400.
                      Found a 5K mile replacement motor for $450. Still have the original for parts and case covers.

No major trips with the FZ1, that's all local miles running out to western MA mostly. I'm on my 30th set of radials.

The wife and I did 300 miles yesterday going up to the location of the new JC Rawling's series. (Mt. Greylock) The mtn road is in excellent condition.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                        200,000 miles? or km? thx
                        Those are 200K U.S. miles. Heck, anyone can do 200K KMs.

There are a handful of FZ1 site members who have over 200. Quite a few with over 100K. One female member (FZ1Girl) currently has 245K on her original 01 engine.

The reference to KM on my speedo is just for the inner speed values on the face. MPH are in the outer ring. Not sure if the actual ODO and trip meter can be converted in the menu.

Comment

We took a short trip to Corrales. If you're ever in Albuquerque, check out this little gem of a town. It's first 25mph speed limit sign says "drive slow and see our village, drive fast and see our judge!" Kinda like Manitou Springs in Colorado, but smaller. We had dinner at Village Pizza. The patio emptied when the rain started. In the pic, my wife is under the patio cover somewhere.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Saturday, just afternoon, riding thru town, noticed these parked at Fricanos Pizza

4 Pierce Arrows.
                            Had been raining hard just an hour or two before, and these all looked clean.
                            I dont know much about them, but understand they are a rarity, and here sits 4 of them.
                            I do not know what the occassion was.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              That's some trip! I'm always dreaming of long runs like that. Still working out the kinks in this 850. So far it's been ok on these two and three hour trips, but I'd like to ride to Southern Cal. to see my grandkids. That looks like a more suitable bike for the 1000+ mile runs for sure!
                              That's why I grabbed it... As much as I loved my GS's (and my old FZ1 and B-12) the Connie is designed for big miles, shaft drive and 1352cc FTW. I dropped the coin and intend to rack miles until it breaks. I may get another "new" bike but I totally intend to ride the Connie until the wheels fall off.

20K miles is usually what I grab a year. I bought the Connie last August with 14K now it has 33.5K... So I ride allot with it

It's my favorite thing to do. I become a much more active GSR member when the snow starts to fly and I start the projects!
                              Last edited by Jedz123; 08-29-2016, 08:25 AM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I'm always late posting pics from trips. Mainly because I'm all tired afterwards, I can't be bothered to do any meaningful things on the computer.

Anyway! Sister's wedding was a few weeks ago, naturally, I drove there with my bike. I took this picture on the return trip. Absolutely beautiful region, with next to none traffic, and almost all roads being scenic routes twisting around, up and down many a hill, being so narrow, having so tight corners, and beautiful views that you just can't, and really don't have to drive fast to have a blast. I'm not joking that I was smiling under my helmet without skip for a long time.

(click for full size)
                                #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                                #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                                #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                                #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Working...
                                X