No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went somewhat into the woods, discovered later this path was closed to motor vehicles. Oops.

(click for better quality. imgur compresses quite aggressively.)
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

The first pic looks too pretty to be real Roeme! WOW. Great pic!

Comment

New pavement at my local mountain pass!!!! Such an awesome ride today on the little GS!

Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
          I'm always late posting pics from trips. Mainly because I'm all tired afterwards, I can't be bothered to do any meaningful things on the computer.

Anyway! Sister's wedding was a few weeks ago, naturally, I drove there with my bike. I took this picture on the return trip. Absolutely beautiful region, with next to none traffic, and almost all roads being scenic routes twisting around, up and down many a hill, being so narrow, having so tight corners, and beautiful views that you just can't, and really don't have to drive fast to have a blast. I'm not joking that I was smiling under my helmet without skip for a long time..
          Wow !

. . . .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Saturday afternoon, rode into Grand Rapids on a road that follows the river.

Went to Grand Rapids 28th Street Car Cruise.
            Lots of different car clubs having shows at various places along the road, over about 5-6 miles.
            Wasnt much of a "cruise" was more of a "Stop-n-Crawl".
            I stopped in a a few different places, then got annoyed with the crowds/traffic and set my search on a BBQ vendor

Found one, was great.
            THe lady there said "got a phone? gimme, I make yall a picture!". Very friendly, we both had a good laugh.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Did a 100 mile loop, bike was running ok, not shifting very well, temps dropped down into the mid 60's which was nice for riding.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

After almost 2000 miles on the KLR650, I switched it up with something different today...a K75. Certainly not as nimble on the dirt, but on paved back roads and highway a little more plush.

Comment

I went for a 500km ride the other day with my buddy on his tricked out 1975 Z1, it has 1015 pistons with 29mm smoothbores, 06 ZX6 usd forks and a ZRX swingarm.

Big copper mine
                  IBA# 12860
                  Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                  1984 KZ1100R
                  2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                  2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                    After almost 2000 miles on the KLR650, I switched it up with something different today...a K75. Certainly not as nimble on the dirt, but on paved back roads and highway a little more plush.

Another K! Whats better that or the XJ?
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

DSC_0069.jpgtoday's ride on my 79 CBX
                      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

last weeks ride
                        Cochrane.jpg
                        if you squint you can see the Rockies on the horizon.
                        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Eddie 21, LOVE that pic of your friends and your bikes.
                          Wyly, glad to see the ES out and about. I dig the red / black paint scheme.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Went for a quick ride today to pick up supplies for the house project, and dinner (wine), and of course took the long-ish way home.
                            While walking away my bike in the Home Depot parking lot, a guy called from a car asking if I was on the GSR. Turns out it was a fellow member, Gordinho80. He recognized my bike. Had a nice chat with him. It was cool to finally meet a fellow member.
                            Last edited by dorkburger; 09-04-2016, 12:35 AM.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              Went for a quick ride today to pick up supplies for the house project, and dinner (wine), and of course took the long-ish way home.
                              While walking away my bike in the Home Depot parking lot, a guy called from a car asking if I was on the GSR. Turns out it was a fellow member, Gordinho80. He recognized my bike. Had a nice chat with him. It was cool to finally meet a fellow member.
                              Good times! Congrats.
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Not much time to write about my whole trip, so here's the reader's digest version. After my 1st trip to Colorado, I vowed to go back. From Mn, we went to Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah and Arizona. It was like a highlight ride of the southwest. Lots of National Parks and indescribably cool roads. 3952 miles and not one thought of work.
                                Attached Files
                                Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                                Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                                Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
                                X