anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
    For WAY more than a "normal" Cooley because it is "better" with all that excess stuff removed.

OK That just made me aroused....

Awesome pic!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nice ride in today!!! Flying by the AWD Subarus on my 1WD Beast!

Had to do some digging first LOLOL

Good day to ride!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I did that for one winter, and we don't have bad winters. Riding in snow and ice with feet for skis. No thank you, I will crank up the heat and the tunes in the cage.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
          I did that for one winter, and we don't have bad winters. Riding in snow and ice with feet for skis. No thank you, I will crank up the heat and the tunes in the cage.
          That's why I bought this little duffer:

I just keep loosing pressure in the front tire... I think I pinched the tube (again)... I have a heavy duty Tube and I'm bringing it in this time!!! The Connie will be limited to clear road days moving forward...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            Had to do some digging first LOLOL

Good day to ride!
            WTF??? You spent all your money on bikes, when you ain't got a dry garage to store them in????
            So buy some tarps with grommet holes and cover over the ends of that hillbilly shed, Jed!!!
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              WTF??? You spent all your money on bikes, when you ain't got a dry garage to store them in????
              So buy some tarps with grommet holes and cover over the ends of that hillbilly shed, Jed!!!
              Yeah I gotta say I was thinking the same thing. Get your sh*t together Jedz!
              No signature

Comment

I see a leanto in the picture. I bet all the crap in there probably doesn't run while all the good stuff sits outside. Better watch it, you're becoming very Canadian.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Th pull barn has no road access... When it snows whatever is down there is stuck for the winter and since I ride all year round keeping my daily bike down there is not a feasible option... I don't own this house so I'm not investing in a garage, saving up for my own home... Average house around here that's worth a damn is in the $250K mark so it will be a bit.

Bah the Kawasaki is fine, bike racks big miles and runs great. I'm already at 40K miles on it now and by the time I go to trade it in it will be pushing the 100K mile mark so it won't be worth much any way, regardless if it's a garage queen or not. The GS650G is going into storage when I get a day off 20 day work stint so far... TUX is in storage now but I will be pulling it out to ride once I get the front tire issue resolved... Connie is my brute and it's fine outside, just like last year. Once I get the Tux up to speed for winter travel, Connie will go into the pull barn. But something needs to stay out... I got priorities!!!

This was Connie for (Almost) 2 months last year:

I had it covered, cleaned and happy(It will be there again, once I get a day off or two in a row)... We got NO snow last year so I had it out allot last winter. Knew snow was going to smoke us this year so I bought the TUX in anticipation!

Don't worry guys I may have a couple decades less then you guys but I know what I'm doing!

Thanks for the scolding!
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 11-21-2016, 07:30 PM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

All my, money??? Oh god no... Allot of debt from my divorce is now settled, allot of my cash makes it to the bank, saving for that new home! I did treat myself and buy the Infiniti...
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 11-21-2016, 07:13 PM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

We headed out yesterday afternoon for what turned out to be about 140 mile trip. East on old Rt 66 to Moriarty where we saw the airport Google built for their Titan project. They have since pulled the plug on this airport and the most interesting thing there was an operational EV charging station.

Here's a cool mural on a truck stop we came acrossed in Moriarty. My GS 850 and my friend's 78 KZ 1000.

After the pit stop we headed south through the nothingness of central New Mexico through Willard and ended up in Mountainair. Here's a little gem of a town. Almost like a living ghost town, just neat old buildings from the early 1900's. There's an old motel in Mountainair that is a bit odd.

This was built before the Nazi party adopted a similar symbol but I really don't know what it was intended to symbolize.

The concrete fence was a bit creepy. The builder was a blacksmith and threw his scrap steel in the cement while casting the fence rails and posts.

From Mountainair, it was a nice ride back to Albuquerque. Heading north through the little towns that seemed frozen in time, we came a crossed a cool old gas station. The price on the pump for a gallon of gas was $.13. I was about to hop off for a pic but a white pit bull approaching my bike made me reconsider. The sun was about going down as we were approaching the twisty roads through the Manzano Mountains. Too dark for pics but we stopped so the guy I was riding with could bundle up a bit more. I forgot that when we stopped earlier I unzipped my arm vents and the front zipper on my jacket was still down. The Vetter fairing is sooo nice in cold weather! Back in town just in time for the football game.
                      Last edited by Burque73; 11-21-2016, 11:42 PM.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        We headed out yesterday afternoon for what turned out to be about 140 mile trip. East on old Rt 66 to Moriarty where we saw the airport Google built for their Titan project. They have since pulled the plug on this airport and the most interesting thing there was an operational EV charging station.
                        I expect in 10 yrs time there will be a lot of charging stations everywhere, electric is the future...

This was built before the Nazi party adopted a similar symbol but I really don't know what it was intended to symbolize.
                        it's symbol found in some native american cultures and in south asia as well, in neither case did it have anything to do with nazi's...
                        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

IMG_1605.jpg
                          Still some decent weather left down here...

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                            I expect in 10 yrs time there will be a lot of charging stations everywhere, electric is the future...

it's symbol found in some native american cultures and in south asia as well, in neither case did it have anything to do with nazi's...
                            The "Whirling Log: according to this....

Funny, my uncle just pointed that out to me regarding the graffiti left by the anti-Trump protesters
                            sigpic
                            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260
                            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Well, I should have known what that symbol meant living in New Mexico for as long as I have. Thanks Wyly and Bobgroger for chiming in with the much needed history lesson.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Hey Roger, wonderful pics from your ride!
                                I've been considering visiting NM. Seems like a sparely populated state with just a few cities. Mostly just empty dry land and sky.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X