Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    How old did you get?
    Missed this one! Turned 47... still young at heart but ancient of body some days....

Back on topic: Pleasant evening ride...

The BMW Motorrad dealer had their annual "season starter" event tonight so I popped over to check it out. Saw some friends including Trevor (I expect he'll have some good pics to share later) but didn't stay long... took the long way home just to enjoy the wonderful weather! About time it got here....
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Finally got out on the GS850G yesterday for a few hours before the next snowstorm moves in today. The frost heaves on the back roads do give the kidneys a shakeup and it's still pretty chilly at 40F, but a good ride nonetheless.

Plenty of ice still left on the ponds.

Comment

I know another storm brewing... Just lovely! I was out yesterday too and thinking, bet Steve is out and about as well... Glad to see you putting the GS to some good use!

I too was out for a few hours until the sun went down. I was cold but the TUX was running phenomenal. I truly love this little bike. Its fast enough to have a blast on any road and and it handles it self in any situation. I went up into the mountains and did some hard riding and I was dragging pegs around the turns. Despite their knobs these Shinko 700's handle very very well. I will swap to a 705 in the rear once I kick this rear tire...

Good day to ride it was!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
          I spent some time there some years ago. Found it a bit amusing that, on the drive up to the slopes for some skiing, I drove past kids outside playing in nice summer weather.
          That's great! On days like that you can leave the heavy jacket in the car and ski in short a sleeved shirt.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Ended up on the wrong side of the tracks this afternoon...

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Went out with my buddy today. Drove out to the shore and drove right past an iconic location...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

YES!!!! Clerks!!!

Nice pic!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Sick as a dog but racked about 30 miles on, pushed me to get some fresh air...
                  I think Winter is finally loosing it's grip here in the NE

Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Got a 100 mile ride in yesterday afternoon, a 70 mile ride in the day before and a 60 mile ride in the day before that.
                    Reward for scrubbing 1200 sqft of trex decking.
                    Bike got 46 mpg, not bad for a 1229, also solved hanging idle by rerouting the throttle cable.
                    Saw a sheriff after riding about 15 miles to get to the twisty section.
                    He was going the same way I was, typical bad timing on my part.
                    Luckily a speeding diesel truck going the opposite way lured him into doing a uwee.
                    Had a great ride after that.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

WARNING! NO GS CONTENT!

Rode up the West Coast Road today... a bit chilly but the views warmed my heart. Island life is the best life (regardless of what Glenn says).

Totally rode the wrong bike... this is 'Busa country.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                        Went out with my buddy today. Drove out to the shore and drove right past an iconic location...
                        .......]
                        es-plain please.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The movie Clerks was filmed at this store. The director, Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) and the rest of the cast are from this area of NJ, Leanardo. The film was shot in black and white on like a $30k budget and it became a cult classic. Fantastic movie, a must watch."I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

Dave, great pics! When you get tired of that sidecar next year, send it my way!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                            WARNING! NO GS CONTENT!

Rode up the West Coast Road today... a bit chilly but the views warmed my heart. Island life is the best life (regardless of what Glenn says).

Totally rode the wrong bike... this is 'Busa country.

What a trek to get to the beach!

I have a board Dave...it's a 7.5 foot, TORQ I bought from Surf Station in St Augustine, FL. I like the bike too.

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              WARNING! NO GS CONTENT!

Is that Jordan River? Did you head out to Renfrew?
                              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                                Is that Jordan River? Did you head out to Renfrew?
                                That is Jordan River and I headed out to... Jordan River.

Just wanted to blow off some cobwebs but the reality is that the sidecar is completely inappropriate for that road, so Jordan River was far enough.
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X