anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    100% agree with you on this!! they should offer more then 1 color and vary the styling but use the same platform, instead, we get the Van Van...
    OR offer a TU400X!
    This bike is phenomenal, the power plant is a bit restricted from the factory, with head work, larger valves, larger Throttle assembly the motor could be a real heavy hitter for power however I know they went small to hit that 70MPG/EPA friendly market. However I love the bike through and through and it's quiet literally my go to now.
    If you were closer I'd let you borrow it for a bit, it's truly a blast to ride, I quite often find myself laughing and smiling as I ride it.
    Oh as for a chrome tank... I have been begging a friend of mine to part with his chrome Hondaka tank, I'd make it work with the fuel pump...

Cheers Dave!
    Funny that you mention the VanVan... I was checking one out at work yesterday and I was actually quite taken with it! Tons of retro mixed with a tiny bit of modern reliability... sort of a TU250X in beach shorts and flip-flops! I'd totally have one just to bomb around the city on, although I guess with just 16hp that's all it could do! I watched a review video last night that showed a rider out on the Interstate on a VanVan... he had it pinned and eventually creeped up to 65mph on a flat stretch. Corollas and Hyundais were sailing past without breaking a sweat. Not sure that my fragile 'Busa ego could handle that!

My daughter liked it too!

Last edited by Hayabuser; 04-09-2017, 12:19 PM.
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Got the blue bike out for a couple hours this morning...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Yesterday, Saturday, was the day the weather forecast looked like would be a good day to get the GK out. Did some prep things Friday evening.
        SO, Maybe even ride to breakfast in the morning.

7:30AM, Saturday, ah.... 26 degF

Ah,
        Yah, I could have rode, but should be better later in morning.

By noon 45 degress, good enough, but had other stuff going on.

Later in afternoon, 55 degress, yah, better, good, anything else can wait.

Stopped at riverside park. River about 4 times as wide as usuall, running over and through the parking lot.
        Boat ramp into river is about 3/4th way back there. (bye that far back tree that can see above top of windshield)

Out for only about an hour, but was great to get out.

Smiling.

Last edited by Redman; 04-09-2017, 01:29 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice, Redman!

Thanks for motivating me...I wanna start riding soon.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I'm going to have to take a forced hiatus for ACL surgery in June. I suppose that gives me an excuse to miss the riding oven for a short time, but I'm not thrilled.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              Got the blue bike out for a couple hours this morning...

I woke up this morning thinking, "I should ride over to Knoxville and see if Bob wants to go for a ride." Didn't do it and have been doing family stuff and to-do list stuff all day. Thinking about getting out for a short ride this evening. Its been such a nice day I should've started riding toward you at first light
              Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Went out for a 60 mile loop after watching Moto GP at friends house. Same old boring route I take clockwise or counter clockwise, counter clockwise this time.
                Actually it's a nice twisty route, but I've done it so many times, it's getting lackluster.
                Had some cagers blocking my path, thinking they're all rowdy driving quicker than they normally do, just followed them, as the pace was a little quicker than average cage spoiling a twisty section. No photos, but you'all seen the bike before. Lots of rain here in the NW, have to get out when u can.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                  Funny that you mention the VanVan... I was checking one out at work yesterday and I was actually quite taken with it! Tons of retro mixed with a tiny bit of modern reliability... sort of a TU250X in beach shorts and flip-flops! I'd totally have one just to bomb around the city on, although I guess with just 16hp that's all it could do! I watched a review video last night that showed a rider out on the Interstate on a VanVan... he had it pinned and eventually creeped up to 65mph on a flat stretch. Corollas and Hyundais were sailing past without breaking a sweat. Not sure that my fragile 'Busa ego could handle that!

My daughter liked it too!

Love it!!! Dave you kid is tooooo cute! FYI

The Van Van was released to compete with the Grom but I fail to see how...

The small bikes are wicked cool I spent 197 miles on my TUX today, A blast!!! You can get past the big bike ego, Trust me!!! The TUX definitely fairs better then 65mph. I did succesfully overtake 2 people in 50mph zone with it today!

Thanks for the share!!!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Yesterday, Saturday, was the day the weather forecast looked like would be a good day to get the GK out. Did some prep things Friday evening.
                    SO, Maybe even ride to breakfast in the morning.

7:30AM, Saturday, ah.... 26 degF

Ah,
                    Yah, I could have rode, but should be better later in morning.

By noon 45 degress, good enough, but had other stuff going on.

Later in afternoon, 55 degress, yah, better, good, anything else can wait.

Stopped at riverside park. River about 4 times as wide as usuall, running over and through the parking lot.
                    Boat ramp into river is about 3/4th way back there. (bye that far back tree that can see above top of windshield)

Out for only about an hour, but was great to get out.

Smiling.

HAHAHA The car picture is hilarious!!!

Thanks for sharing!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                      I woke up this morning thinking, "I should ride over to Knoxville and see if Bob wants to go for a ride." Didn't do it and have been doing family stuff and to-do list stuff all day. Thinking about getting out for a short ride this evening. Its been such a nice day I should've started riding toward you at first light
                      Of course you would have been very welcome. I still can't ride for more than a couple hours, but it would have been great to see you.

Comment

197 mile run...

Big day on my little bike.

Got lost down a Class 4 road.... It was rough, mud up to the rotor, she chugged right threw it.

The road popped me out by this random barn with a very bright green roof!

LOVE this bike....

The road back to my house started to flood out too... Used the opportunity to get the caked on mud off my bike... LOL

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!!!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I was out on the Bonnie again today, testing out my new electric vest. Too warm! Going to be awesome next winter.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Jedz, that seat looks like it would feel horrible after even 50 miles.
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              Jedz, that seat looks like it would feel horrible after even 50 miles.
                              If I weighed any heavier then I do now(205lbs), then yes I would agree. IT's not too bad. Your looking to get off the bike after 100 miles anyway, ( I always top the tank off at the 100 mile mark). The stock seat is much more "plush" but I didn't like the look.

It works well for me.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Got out again today for a couple hours. Still seeing new things everyday. This pictures were taken on Cracker Neck Rd along Cracker Neck Creek.
                                I love the names of many of the roads around here. Yesterday's favorite was Tater Valley Rd, which is not to be confused with Little Tater Valley Rd.

Church parking lot, Redbud trees blooming along Cracker Neck Rd. If you need to pull over, you can always find a church lot in this area.

Found a place a little up the road to pull by the creek.

Cracker Neck Creek.
                                Last edited by Baatfam; 04-10-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X