anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty Special Ride

My brother showed up last weekend and happened to bring some riding gear. He doesn't live very close so we haven't ridden together for several years. Last time was a great 2 week bike/camping trip down the Oregon/Cali coast. He's the one that taught me to ride 50 years ago and we've both been riding every year since ....he just turned 70. So I went and got insurance put on both bikes and went for a little 200 km ride. Nice to see us out on both bikes.

by soates50, on Flickr
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Wallowgreen View Post
      Went North up HWY 55 as far as the 45th parallel. Nice ride up through the canyon with plenty of campers and trucks pulling boats to blast past between the twisties

About 250 miles in all...

Stopped just past Cougar Mountain Lodge looking back down past one of the few plateaus to the canyon beyond

And at the 45th parallel

Great day, perfect temperature!
      Beautiful! Can imagine an eagle swooping down for a fish there.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Nice pic, Sandy.
        Did you say you were twins or brothers?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Nice pic, Sandy.
          Did you say you were twins or brothers?
          No, not twins. LOL. He's 3 years older ...I'm the young one but I told him having a brother that just turned 70 made me feel really old. Over 100 years of riding standing there, many more to come.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Ah, to enjoy the GS. Such a delightful machine! Albuquerque city lights coming on, sun setting on a great day!

Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              My brother showed up last weekend and happened to bring some riding gear. He doesn't live very close so we haven't ridden together for several years. Last time was a great 2 week bike/camping trip down the Oregon/Cali coast. He's the one that taught me to ride 50 years ago and we've both been riding every year since ....he just turned 70. So I went and got insurance put on both bikes and went for a little 200 km ride. Nice to see us out on both bikes.

by soates50, on Flickr
              That's a great pic. My brother and I used to ride together until he married a woman who Lady Macbethed him out of motorcycles. He gave me his CB900f this year. It's been rotting away on the side of his house for 15 years.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Sandy, that's cool to get a ride in with your brother.

I got 60 laps at Pacific Raceways today on my Bday.
                Perfect weather-mid 60's, light crowd, equals open track.
                Hadn't been round this place in 16 years.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Rode south from Danbury just trying to get lost...ended up eventually in Westport...found some great back roads on my way back...I'm happy
                  Attached Files

Comment

by soates50, on Flickr

Geez, I saw a guy that looked just like that today..... Too funny I was telling him that only just this morning I was looking at a picture of him. He also said that this photo is a fake! is that true Sandy? sure doesn't look it.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                      Sandy, that's cool to get a ride in with your brother.

I got 60 laps at Pacific Raceways today on my Bday.
                      Perfect weather-mid 60's, light crowd, equals open track.
                      Hadn't been round this place in 16 years.
                      How is the road course there? Have they kept it up? It was pretty ratty a few years ago. The drag strip is in a LOT better shape. The owners had the track on the market for a couple years, then decided to fix it up a bit. I am only about 8 miles away....

Happy Birthday!
                      sigpic
                      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260
                      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        Geez, I saw a guy that looked just like that today..... Too funny I was telling him that only just this morning I was looking at a picture of him. He also said that this photo is a fake! is that true Sandy? sure doesn't look it.
                        Ha Ha Ha!!! Technically he is correct however the text is true. Didn't have a tripod or anything handy to set the camera on so I improvised .......so sue me. LOL.

by soates50, on Flickr

Comment

Ha Ha Ha!!! Technically he is correct however the text is true. Didn't have a tripod or anything handy to set the camera on so I improvised .......so sue me. LOL.

by soates50, on Flickr
                          FAKE NEWS!!!!! Even the Kanadians are at it now. Don't let Trevor find out....
                          sigpic
                          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260
                          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Took us 2 back to mt vernon for my truck. I'll be making the last trip to Spokane tomorrow

Comment

Stopped at the Overview Park after a long ride.
                              jakfsl;df.jpg

Comment

Cindy and I rode up to Albuquerque Sat, she had her first service on her Beemer. Nice ride.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X