anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    I offered to let a buddy ride my KLR last night and he handed me the key to his little scooter so I could follow along.

It was a first for both of us. He had a blast on the Kaw and so did I on his Gold Wing. It's a 40th anniversary edition, 1800cc monster! Unbelievably nimble for a giant bike!
    How's the Vanagon running? Is that an 83-84?
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Got out early for my Saturday morning breakfast group (non-riders), so took a little ride into and around town.

Stopped at boat launch on river in town, too late for sunrize over the river,

and stopped on side of road down by the beach.

Tried to get the shot before the jogger got there. But now see that she was there, she probably had some thought about that.

After breakfast went out for more of a ride, up in Muskegon county

Went down on a gravel side road that have explored before.

Then proceeded on my way. Was enjoying the ride, especailly since was in the 70s, not upper 80s and into 90s like has been in recent days.

Home just after noon.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      I couldn't steal your whole artistic persona..........
      Artistic persona .....?
      I just thought I was being my weird self.

Dave
      Last edited by Redman; 07-07-2018, 06:57 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Last night. Had intentions of going for a decent ride, but saw a friends bike at a local restaurant. He was dining solo so I hung out, we discussed an upcoming trip, bikes, etc, then took a short ride around.
        Grabbed a pic on my way in. I was experimenting with a phone photo app. Haven't noticed a big difference with it yet.
        http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I did a little hundred-ten mile loop today that had me in all sorts of flavors of West Virginia mountains. There was a stretch of four-lane 70mph, and one two-mile stretch of gravel road. Parts where I would not have been surprised if a bear wandered across the road. I think I went through a mountain-top-removal zone that some mining companies do.

Good times. Did not stop for pictures. Mostly sunny, low 80s, beautiful day to ride.

I was reminded of the thing I like least on my bike: its tiny tank. I tried to put two gallons in. I guess I coulda chanced the leg without stopping, but I got nervous at 100 mi and decided to fill up.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

My fourth of july bike n hike....

Hanging Bog Wildlife Management Area (NY state forest)

Off trail wandering I found this super picturesque Beaver Pond. The bugs were insane and the bullfrogs were all croaking quite happily.

Tons of wild berries made it worth it. Plus I had beer.

The dirt roads were a little bit slippery.

Nice view of Rushford Lake. Manmade lake surrounded by cottages but looks nice from up on the hill.

Back on the main road I stopped by the mighty Genesee River. Met a guy there riding an old BMW. He told me about a bike show and swap meet in Hammondsport, NY called "Hodaka Therapy". August 4th. I might go.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Los Angeles crest trail today...of course waiting until 8pm for the blistering heat to die down!

36489816_10101499370945798_4780139214211645440_n.jpg

Comment

Jaunt on the Bandit 1200..

Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

cooling down in the shade after a good ride out in the rare HOT British weather.......

100_2584.jpg
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Chorizo Burritto last night. Was really good.

>>later note:
                    Good thing I didnt have to be anywhere at any particular time today.
                    Last edited by Redman; 07-10-2018, 08:17 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

New Helmet Day! HJC CL-17 that matches my jacket pretty darn good!
                      I like the vents, and the padding is comfortable even around glasses. Lots of room in front of my mouth -- I could probably sip from a straw without trouble. Don't think I could do that in my old helmet.

I rode to Hillbilly Hotdogs for lunch. It's popular among bikers.

You may remember this old GS 1000 they have there. And they encourage graffiti, so I left a mark for us.

Last edited by kerrfunk; 07-12-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Awesome pics kerrfunk!!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Friggin' Redman...you like Chorizo! I love it!!!

Agreed...cool picks Kerry.

What a sad scene with that bike.

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

My wife and I went for a long ride yesterday (125 mi round trip), including lunch at a Mexican place we won't return to because it was only fair at best.
                            Anyway, we have a mannequin named Glenda in our house, and we rode by Glenda's Dance Place, so we had to take a picture.

Inspiring, don't you think?

Comment

Don't ask...Don't ask...Don't ask...okay, why do you have a mannequin in your house and why is her name Glenda?
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                Don't ask...Don't ask...Don't ask...okay, why do you have a mannequin in your house and why is her name Glenda?
                                Thank you for asking.....
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X