anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    A short ride today but of the 4-legged kind as I'm in Colorado to finally pick up and transport Lou (the horse in my avatar) back to Ohio. It has been 5 long years since I saw her and 6 since my last ride. Although I'm waiting on an unexpected trailer brake repair, I hope to be on the road home by Friday morning
    Godspeed to you both
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Rode into Grand Rapids last night.
      Is becoming more difficult to find new places/scene for picture on that route, so having to be more imaginative.

Rode in to see Walter Trout. I could describe lots about that, but, naw, not here.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        Yeah, Ed. Gilbert was so beautiful when I moved up here in 2000. Less than two decades later and it is becoming a lot like Chandler. I may have to move out to Queen Creek.

And yes, they are '88 GSXR wheels (and forks, rotors, etc.). The bike handles incredibly well with these mods.
        I knew it! Gixxer rims, bro!

I would love a 1985 Gixxer...or thereabouts, in my garage. Pre-crotch rocket bikes are golden!

Enjoy your ride times my brother.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I'd still love to add the full GSX-R as a bike in my garage. It would have to be an '87 1100 to really satisfy my lust for that model.

Since I have two different makes in the garage, my mind has begun turning to getting one of each of the other two major brands. Maybe a TW200 and a Z1300 ...
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            I'd still love to add the full GSX-R as a bike in my garage. It would have to be an '87 1100 to really satisfy my lust for that model.
            Be wary of the stock seat on a 87 GSXR, especially in warmer climes, never been in so much agony riding from SF to LA.
            I thought all the moto-mag guys reviewing them were winy sissy's, complaining about comfort, what wussy's they must be.
            Reluctantly I'd have to agree, it was painful even after a handful of miles. Never thought a seat could cause such a reaction.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Yesterday, I rode my 1985 GS450 for the 1st time since buying it about 10 months ago. I had to clean the carbs (twice) ... file the starter contact button, rebuild the starter motor and remove and grease up the peddle brake pivot housing. I must say it was a joy to ride it around town at 35 mph. More work is needed but I had to get my 1st ride on it as soon as the parts were back on. This bike will be my around town bike and my other will be my multi-day trip bike. (Honda CBR1100XX)

ride able!.jpg
              Dennco2
              1985 GS450
              Stock condition and a work in progress

sigpic

Comment

Back burnered the GS tonight and had a secret date with RHonda the Honda....
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gregp View Post
                  Back burnered the GS tonight and had a secret date with RHonda the Honda....
                  Rhonda is pretty but no rear end.

Just kidding!
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Traded the 1150ES for a 07 Duc 1098S Streetfighter.
                    It's a bit different.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      Rhonda is pretty but no rear end.

Just kidding!
                      There's just enough cushion for the pushin'...haha

Comment

Nice photo!
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                          Traded the 1150ES for a 07 Duc 1098S Streetfighter.
                          It's a bit different.

Yep.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Close, but it's the naked one with smashed in nose and stacked pipes on the side.
                            Just a weekend swap, he's not riding the ES.
                            Definitely felt intimidated, swinging a leg over it.
                            Feels like ur sitting on top of the front wheel, compared to the longish ES.
                            It weighs 435 lbs. wet.
                            Might do N. Cascades Hwy 20 tomorrow, will try to get some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                              Close, but it's the naked one with smashed in nose and stacked pipes on the side.
                              Just a weekend swap, he's not riding the ES.
                              Definitely felt intimidated, swinging a leg over it.
                              Feels like ur sitting on top of the front wheel, compared to the longish ES.
                              It weighs 435 lbs. wet.
                              Might do N. Cascades Hwy 20 tomorrow, will try to get some photos.
                              I wish I could follow.........
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Forecast for the day is for overcast, but looked like could likely rain, .... rode anyway.

Wanted to go to a vintage tractor and steam engine show in Allendale this afternoon.

Roads between here and there are no fun, so went the long way around.

(some of the nice houses along the river, where even the ditch is landscaped.)

Last edited by Redman; 07-22-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X