Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY!
    I got to slab some miles... On the HD!
    My Dealer asked me to come in for their first big event a chili cook off. Great event proceeds go to charity.
    So Id did.
    33' when I departed

After 100 miles in some brisk weather I arrived!!! The only bike to roll in.

The Harley rider in his prime... Eating chili and looking at machines.

I needed some coping juice to feel a little more comfortable when random older guys came up and asked if I wanted to join their "charters"

The bike (and myself) pulled quite a crowd...the Dealer was pumped I rode in... Most were shocked you could ride a Harley in January.

Warmed up for my ride home!

After discovering (the hard way) on the way in that all mountain gaps were all snow covered it was a quick 90ish miles home...

Bike got DIRTY!

Cleaned back up... Then back to bed... I'll probably just ride the FZ6 moving forward... what a PITA to get all the brine and sand off the XR.

Nice to finally get some good riding in!Still pretty squirrely in spots... Definitely rode over some snow on certain stretches... The ride back was by far the better ride.
    Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Good to see you have the Ichiban Moto sticker on the windscreen. I would Imagine that is quite the conversation starter.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Hardcore, Jedz.
        Well done!
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
          Good to see you have the Ichiban Moto sticker on the windscreen. I would Imagine that is quite the conversation starter.
          You know... No one really talks about it, which is sad but it it what it is. I have one on top case and It's been there for years and Maybe 2 people get it.
          I'll still represent.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Hardcore, Jedz.
          Well done!
          It's just what I do
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz, showing harley riders how to ride Harleys since 2017.
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
              Jedz, showing harley riders how to ride Harleys since 2017.
              LMFAO
              Yup Harley was successful in attracting some new "riders" in 2017... I just didn't think they'd expect them to actually ride. HAHAHA
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                You know... No one really talks about it, which is sad but it it what it is. I have one on top case and It's been there for years and Maybe 2 people get it.
                I'll still represent.
                Don't get me started on that f$ck4!ng arsehole. Wasted a lot of my time spent researching (as an absolute greenhorn with next to no idea about wrenching on bikes) until I figured out he's a troll. Thankfully, no parts were damaged in the process. Also polluted my search results until google finally figured out I'm not interested in his unfunny attempts at humour.

Nice to see a HD actually ridden in a serious manner!
                #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                  Don't get me started on that f$ck4!ng arsehole. Wasted a lot of my time spent researching (as an absolute greenhorn with next to no idea about wrenching on bikes) until I figured out he's a troll. Thankfully, no parts were damaged in the process. Also polluted my search results until google finally figured out I'm not interested in his unfunny attempts at humour.

Nice to see a HD actually ridden in a serious manner!
                  I was wondering when those vids came out if folks actually took them serious or not... Some of the Vids are not so great, some are just down right hilarious.

Sorry you had a not so great experience with Ichi, he is a member here so FYI.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I was wondering when those vids came out if folks actually took them serious or not... Some of the Vids are not so great, some are just down right hilarious.

Good, that might help to have some impact. But let's not derail the thread further, so I'm not going to elaborate on this.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my last ride with me, so this reply will have to do, for now.
                    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Just a commute today. Warm southern hemisphere summer.

"Johnny the boy has done it again... This time its a scrubber"
                      ​​
                      Darryl from Kiwiland

1982 GSX1100S Katana 1982 GSX750S Katana 1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

An article on “Dean”, the Ichiban Moto guy, and a cafe build from when he was serious.

Comment

Absolutely stunning day for a ride. Did about 45 miles through my usual scenic route through the mountains on wonderful gently rolling hills and gentle curves. Wife and I were thrilled with the ride and the bike. It is absolutely purring and it was in the 70's today so a long sleeved tee shirt and woolrich vest and I was toasty.

Met another couple on a trike while taking a break at pebble beach and shot the breeze for 30 minutes. Couple was from Indiana and on one of those goldwing trikes. Not my style but a nice bike all the same.

In the second half of his 60's and only started riding 6 years ago .. he thought my bike was new! I beamed of course.

Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I know what you mean. I frequently thought there would be some that would take those videos as serious and figured there were likely some Very unhappy campers out there.
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Stunning day to ride a stunning bike, Boriqua. It does look new!
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

It's up in the mid 50's today here. I was off early from work and needed to get the KLR out to stretch it's legs.

Bison ranch on the North end of town.

Riding in the foot hills of the Sandia Mountains. Still some slick spots...

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X