anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AMXsteve View Post
    yea nice to be back. it's been a whirlwind couple years. your old bike still running strong by the way. he's running in 8s now
    Good! Hopefully he is winning some money, too!
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hey Steve. Cool that you stopped by.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Bike still looks great, Steve.
        Drew was here recently and said his Kat was close to running down the road.
        You 2 hooligans should go for a ride together and shake up the heighbourhood.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Bike still looks great, Steve.
          Drew was here recently and said his Kat was close to running down the road.
          You 2 hooligans should go for a ride together and shake up the heighbourhood.
          one of the reasons why I had to get mine out. he is riding his now we were out Saturday but he needs to get some carb tuning still. were hoping to head to Mosport this weekend coming.

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
            Went on a little trip for the past week with my buddy on our '77 GS550 and GS750s. Boston -> Pittsburgh -> Philadelphia -> NYC -> friends wedding -> Boston. Put another 1,500 miles on my GS750 without a hitch but did blow out my fork seals.

Left at 6pm last Thursday and rode 260 miles before finding somewhere in NJ to camp:

More Camping:

Pittsburgh:

Philly:

Friends wedding was a campout:

Took this cool picture at 1am:

Nice vacation ride!!!
            Hope your fork seal project goes well too.
            Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 08-28-2018, 08:38 AM.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Sam, where did you end up camping at in NJ?
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Sam, where did you end up camping at in NJ?
                We just pulled off of I-84 since there was a little tent indicating a campground on my US atlas (love this thing). It was at High Point State Park and I wish we could have had more time to ride around the area and explore. What we did see of the surrounding roads was really great.

I actually already have the fork seals since I had ordered non-OEM a year ago and one of them started leaking a little towards the end of my cross country trip. Just need some new fork oil now.
                1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                1977 GS550
                1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Went on a little trip for the past week with my buddy on our '77 GS550 and GS750s. Boston -> Pittsburgh -> Philadelphia -> NYC -> friends wedding -> Boston. Put another 1,500 miles on my GS750 without a hitch but did blow out my fork seals.

Pittsburgh:

Your pictures and story are interesting.
                  Your camping picture really shows your style of camping.

I liked your Pittsburg picture. I suspect you took it to show how/where you had to find a parking place. but it also shows something of how you traveled.
                  The stuff strapped to the back of the seat: the duffel bag, the tarp, the tent gear... and then, on top, the big atlas book! Ha! Looks like you are prepared to go to any state!
                  Oh, wait, cant really see, maybe that is a World Atlas.

Last edited by Redman; 08-28-2018, 11:51 AM. Reason: maybe that is a World Atlas.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Like the Ramones t-shirt.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Last night in Essex, Ontario in front of the Essex Memorial Spitfire.

Comment

We just pulled off of I-84 since there was a little tent indicating a campground on my US atlas (love this thing). It was at High Point State Park and I wish we could have had more time to ride around the area and explore. What we did see of the surrounding roads was really great.

I actually already have the fork seals since I had ordered non-OEM a year ago and one of them started leaking a little towards the end of my cross country trip. Just need some new fork oil now.
                        Yes, there are some nice areas in North Jersey. Central where I am is ok.... sort of. South Jersey is fairly flat and boring. Once again another cool trip report. Nice.
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

It's been awhile since I've been here, though been busy, part of that busy is the wife and I just bought ourselves a 2015 CANAM RTS, some new adventures coming up soon. The ole GS750E, just wasn't gonna cut it for some long road trips. CANAM.jpg
                          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Nice! Looks like you and Mrs Bill will be cruising in style and comfort. Enjoy.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Looks great Mr. Bill👍 I'm sure it way more comfy than the ol'GS. When are you going to paint it orange?😀
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Moonrise Over the Ugly...

coming home late after hanging out with my dad.
                                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X