anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Lol, good pictures Deuce! It's great that you still keep in touch with your ol' riding buddy.
    My cousin is the guy on the far left in the first pic. He's still got some kind of Harley. Told me I should get one. I told him I'm trying to relive my youth, not accept old age, lol. We hope to try to duplicate the pic at some point in the near future.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      I watched a guy struggle with one of those fat tire bikes... Isn't harder to pedal vs a normal road bike? guess it's good in the mud huh?

As for grabbing the 750 for $100... It was a no brainier. Fixed the lighting issue. Ground issue was the culprit. Good to go!

Rain today but I'll like bomb to work on it tomorrow. Took the TU into work instead.
      Who wants a road bike? Yech. Fat bikes go everywhere, street, sand, mud, snow rock. Two wheeled Jeeps. I can't imagine ever riding skinny tire bicycles again.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

I rode to the park this evening for a 5-mile race that I thought started at 6pm, only to find out it started at 7pm. So I snoozed a bit.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Rode my GS850G to Stockbridge, MI today for the 11th (?) annual All Clubs Day. The bike was flawless, but boy I am not in shape for long rides; this one was only about 50 miles each way, and my backside was already sore! Not many Suzukis at the event, certainly mine was the only 850 there. Lots of Hondas, Harleys (of course), and Ducati made a surprisingly strong showing. I'd guess there were several hundred bikes there, the weather was perfect (low 80's). All-in-all a really nice event. I was told that the woman who organizes this event started out hosting it in her backyard, but it quickly outgrew that venue. So it takes up the entire square in Stockbridge, and a couple of blocks in each direction as well.

I've posted a new album on Flickr here if you want to see the photos.....

Comment

Your 850 is looking great! Thanks for the pics - looks like a cool meeting. Is it me or did I see 3 Hondas with GS train lights?
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Your 850 is looking great! Thanks for the pics - looks like a cool meeting. Is it me or did I see 3 Hondas with GS train lights?
              I'm not really sure what a "GS train light" is, but I'm assuming it's a big honkin' headlight. So yes, you may very well have seen three of them. (I remember reading a review of a bike many years ago where they referred to the headlight as a "tree burner"; they could have been referring to these same lights)

My favorite bike was the red CBX with the custom front end and exhaust. It was spectacular, and looked completely bada**.

Comment

Nice show with some seriously nice bikes. Yes, the 9" headlights are refered to as Train Lights. I went to a track day with my bike and it had no brand or model badges on it and 95% of the people didnt know what it was. I like those informal get togethers. Lots of sweet rides with riders that like to ride instead of showing them.
                Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  I rode to the park this evening for a 5-mile race that I thought started at 6pm, only to find out it started at 7pm. So I snoozed a bit.

That is the best thing I've seen all day!!!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                    Rode my GS850G to Stockbridge, MI today for the 11th (?) annual All Clubs Day. The bike was flawless, but boy I am not in shape for long rides; this one was only about 50 miles each way, and my backside was already sore! Not many Suzukis at the event, certainly mine was the only 850 there. Lots of Hondas, Harleys (of course), and Ducati made a surprisingly strong showing. I'd guess there were several hundred bikes there, the weather was perfect (low 80's). All-in-all a really nice event. I was told that the woman who organizes this event started out hosting it in her backyard, but it quickly outgrew that venue. So it takes up the entire square in Stockbridge, and a couple of blocks in each direction as well.

I've posted a new album on Flickr here if you want to see the photos.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129480...h/36479384513/
                    \

Thanks for the report, and the great pictures.

How did you get from being parked at the curb on surrounding street, to on display in the square in show....?
                    Looks like near the VJMC tent...
                    Let me guess: Mr Redsteadman found you.....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      \

Let me guess: Mr Redsteadman found you.....

Could be! Were you there? Why didn't you say hi?

Comment

Thanks for the great pics, MI.
                        Some beautiful bikes including your G.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                          Could be! Were you there? Why didn't you say hi?
                          I was not there this year. Have been in two different years, both a few years ago. Great show.
                          I had some good chats with folks. Like the guy at the Matchless (AJS AJsomething or other) that was preaching that Matchless lead the development of modern bikes, it was all those developments that allowed the Japanese to be successful, or so he was saying.
                          Or the guy at the Norton exhibit that thought that none of the Japaneses bike should be coincided vintage, should not have a display there.
                          Or the guy that explained to me in great detail, a-hem, how he got a Ariel Four engine into a Triumph frame... or something like, in greater detail than I could comprehend.
                          And the food booths by local community organizations was great too.
                          And I meet another GSer there, achim(?) from Lansing, who explained, in moderate detail, how he got an 1100 into a 750 frame... that was interesting.

Mr Redstedman is in Manchester area, and is not me (Grand Haven).
                          He is involved in VJMC, Honda Fs in particular, and also has an 1100E. I meet him on both occasions of going there. I don't think I have seen him post lately.

So, did someone find you and invite you into the prime display near the tent on the grass in the town square....? Or you just move in there and park on your own....?
                          Either way, your bike is a great exhibit.

Last edited by Redman; 09-18-2017, 12:53 PM. Reason: Redstedman, not "stead"

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Took the $1500 Fuel injected beater into work...

God I love these things! Best 600, PERIOD! 140mph is too damn easy...
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Looks pretty nice to be a beater. I've spent way more for way less
                              Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                                Looks pretty nice to be a beater.
                                Yeah no kidding! And 140MPH on a 600!? I had no idea bikes had come that far since my '81! The only way mine will go that fast is off a cliff (and not for very long, either). All I can say is, you have WAY bigger huevos than I do!

Comment

Working...
                                X