anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
    got to take my annual ride to niagara falls. didn't think i'd make it this year because the snow came a bit early.

below, the niagara river, just upstream of the canadian falls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53365[/ATTACH]
    Great minds think alike, i was along the Niagara Parkway from Queenston to the Falls.
    A rare treat to be riding at this time of the year.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Do you Chase them with the KLR!?!?!
      Haha, I thought seriously about it, but didn't. One, I was on the Rez and didn't want any trouble. Two, fuel system being weird and sun setting, being far off the road at dark....remember the wearwolf in London movie! Just kidding, but no, as much as I wanted to.

Actually I have great admiration for those horses out there. So powerful and free, just easily going anywhere. Wanted real badly to ride with them kinda like a glider flying with the birds.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I didn't need a KLR for these dirt roads today, but with the recent freeze/thaw effect, it does get greasy in spots.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Sunday NO, Monday YES

Sunday afternoon was 40degF, thought I should go for ride. I asked myself, When will I get another chance? Is late November and is 40 degF. THEn I looked at 10 day weather forecast, and saw the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and THursday could be in mid-upper 40s.
          Hay, Hey, When might I get another chance?
          THe answer is:
          Monday & Tuesday & Wednesday & THursday & Friday, .... YAH, during the DAY Monday & Tuesday & Wednesday & THursday & Friday! ! DURING THE DAY ! Am available for whatever DURING the day, all day.
          Hey, Hey
          (now that I have broken that nasty habit of going to work every day)

Did get out for a ride Monday afternoon.
          GOt a late start.
          The GK didnt start.
          Had been 2 weeks or more since last ran, so put petcock on PRIme.
          Put on charger, and waited a while.
          Still didnt start.
          Check for spark with an ignitiuon tester, seemed okay.
          Put back on charger, waitied a while. Pondering what else to check.
          Started to take off the fairing lower panel so could pull a plug.
          THen noticed I had the petcock on REServe, not PRIme,,,,, DOAHHHhhh
          Put on PRIme, waited a minute.
          Started right up.
          Scheeeessssccchhhh.

Was out for a bout an hour and was starting to get dark and cold.

42 by time got home.

Had stuff going on the next couple days. Is on the schedule for tomorrow (after I check the alignment of the right aux light).
          Last edited by Redman; 11-30-2017, 07:05 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a ride Tuesday morning and went for another Wednesday morning. So I thought to myself, "I'll do something different today" and waited until afternoon to go for a ride. LOL
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

It's supposed to be clear and in the upper 40's this Saturday AND Sunday! Really unusual for this time of year in MI, but I'll sure take it! So I think I'll get the ole 850 out of mothballs, reinstall the battery, and see what happens. It hasn't run for about six weeks now, but I don't expect any problems.

Redman..... I'm still a workin' stiff, but don't have that long to go until I can just get on the scooter and ride whenever I feel like it - like you. I envy you!

Comment

Well I was in the garage tightening the chain on the KLR and my son walks in to talk. Hmmm, he only does this when he broke something or needs money typically. He starts telling me about his day at school (3rd year college student) and asks what I'm doing. Once I get the axle torqued down the inevitable question finally came out. Dad, um, can I try to ride that bike?

Well, come sit on it and lets see how you do, I said. Now, he's an inch taller than me and has 15-20 pounds on me so I know good and well he's big enough. Feels pretty good huh? I asked.

Oh man, I can ride it please, I'm sure I can handle it! He says...

Alright, I back it out and down the driveway to the street, then give him the basic rundown on the controls. I'm trying to remember the first day of the MSF course which was designed for folks who have never even sat on a motorcycle before. Ugh, too long ago so crash course (not literally) it is.

After a while of stationary instruction, I had him start it and feel where the clutch starts to grab, explaining that it's the same principle as his 5 speed Toyota Corolla just different locations for... well you get the idea.

He's ready, engine running, sidestand up, ease out the lever...little throttle and stall. Start up and try again...stall! This went on for a while then he hit it just right making it to the end of the street. I ran into the garage and got the 850 and pulled up next to him, coaching him a bit until he got it again.

Around the block we went in first, then second gear. Then around and around again, another street, then another now he's doing better and just glowing with excitement!!

He rounds our corner and pulled up into the garage and parks it. Why'd you stop, I asked? He's like, really? Yeah, really lets go, don't you want to keep riding? Ugh, he's got another thing at school and needed to head out soon.

Ok, I want to play and HE doesn't have time! I had to at least get the bike back out to the street for a picture.

Here's my boy on his first day on a motorcycle (more than 50cc anyway).

Last edited by Burque73; 12-01-2017, 12:31 AM. Reason: bigger font
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

DNR, what's with the tiny typing?

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                    DNR, what's with the tiny typing?
                    Oops, fixed it!
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Roger....... really nice story telling there. Thanks for sharing! Your lament about you wanting to play, but HE doesn't have time - reminds me of the old Harry Chapin song "Cat's in the Cradle".

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        Haha, I thought seriously about it, but didn't. One, I was on the Rez and didn't want any trouble. Two, fuel system being weird and sun setting, being far off the road at dark....remember the wearwolf in London movie! Just kidding, but no, as much as I wanted to.

Actually I have great admiration for those horses out there. So powerful and free, just easily going anywhere. Wanted real badly to ride with them kinda like a glider flying with the birds.
                        HAHAHA Glad you got it back home in one piece!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                          I didn't need a KLR for these dirt roads today, but with the recent freeze/thaw effect, it does get greasy in spots.

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Good for you Steve!
                          It has been WICKED cold in the morning... I work 10-12 hour days so it's dark when I come in and dark when I get home. Commuting isn't really feasible, safely.

I will be out this weekend!

I need to get the Tux inspected, Going to do some work on the tiny girl and get her ready for winter travels!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            Well I was in the garage ..................
                            Good, Roger.
                            Previously you mentioned how he would walk past without even a comment. So this is something.
                            Good that you worked on clutch controll for a while.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

thanx, Burque.

Comment

My work schedule has been hectic lately, and somehow weekends have also been full of other commitments for the last 2 months. So today I took the day off and went to pick cherries in Ceres, a big fruit-producing area about 85 km from my home. When I planned the trip, I did not realize the temperature would reach 36°C today! Anyway, had a most enjoyable ride and picked cherries for the first time! [Sorry for the picture size, still learning new storage after PB].

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Working...
                                X