anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image.jpg
    FIDO ...is my watcher . He is communicating this little pic post is far more entertaining to others than your 5000 office desk comments
    Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
      Hope he rides better than he communicates......
      I'm ok, I think we're talking to an actual juvenile, not an immature adult. Far too sensitive to be a grown man.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

image.jpg
        not today but in sept i was trolling down the Colorado river with a grand piano on a jetboat!!!!
        Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

image.jpg
          15 miles down river into Canyonlands National Park, no road access, to natural ampitheatre(grotto)
          Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

image.jpg
            after he is done tuning and guests show , would you like to listen to my tunes?
            notice tuner only has me around to approve sound check
            Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

image.jpg
              "Buffalo bill are you coming out tonight?
              ....coming out tonight
              ..Buffallo bill are ...". if you want to hear more contact moab music festival and they have my music availaable.
              Peeps pay $300 tickets to see 60 year old juvenile,immature adult play piano woooohoooooo
              *i don't actually sing but i do play!
              support your local GS rider by ordering today. recording of this concert would make wonderful christmas present
              next year i told them i no play again unless they bring one of my bikes in too,just for background goofiness
              Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2016, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Winter will get here eventually but until then it's great riding weather. I finally had a chance to explore the volcanoes just west of town.

A friend said his dad's senior prank was taking tires to these volcanoes and liting them on fire. It must have been a sight to see smoke from these dormant cinder cones.

Not much to see to the west except a tiny airport and the parking area down below.

To the east though, towards Albuquerque, the Rio Grande valley looks beautiful from here. The valley is sinking and the mountains rising up from the rift lines on both sides. No wonder I can't scale those mountains like I used to!

I tried to ride to the top of the Sandias today but there were patches of ice on the road. Maybe next time!

Think I'll give those heated grips a try. That will sure beat grabbing the engine head for a little heat.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Awww man, I know about the views in NM. Thanks for posting beautiful pics!

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Winter will get here eventually but until then it's great riding weather. I finally had a chance to explore the volcanoes just west of town.

A friend said his dad's senior prank was taking tires to these volcanoes and liting them on fire. It must have been a sight to see smoke from these dormant cinder cones.
                    Real nice! Seems like you could leave your bike there for half an hour? Not much traffic.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

No riding for me, but I did sit on it in the garage and make farting noises with my mouth.
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Only riding I'm doing too... Cold even for VT standards in December (thinking I was riding this time last year).

But with the new snow tires, This S coupe (despite being RWD) IS a BLAST to Drive in the snow!

Not really missing the bike this winter with the upgraded cage...
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Not much to see to the west except a tiny airport and the parking area down below.

To the east though, towards Albuquerque, the Rio Grande valley looks beautiful from here. The valley is sinking and the mountains rising up from the rift lines on both sides. No wonder I can't scale those mountains like I used to!

I tried to ride to the top of the Sandias today but there were patches of ice on the road. Maybe next time!

Think I'll give those heated grips a try. That will sure beat grabbing the engine head for a little heat.
                          Nice change of scene for sure!!! I'm with Ed on that!

No snow, Now salt, No sand... I'd ride all day....

Enjoy. I'm with Bill, is there any traffic out there??? I may need to make that a destination. Some day...

Thanks for the share Burque!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            Only riding I'm doing too... Cold even for VT standards in December (thinking I was riding this time last year).

But with the new snow tires, This S coupe (despite being RWD) IS a BLAST to Drive in the snow!

Not really missing the bike this winter with the upgraded cage...
                            Shouldn't that license plate start with "NCC"?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Nice change of scene for sure!!! I'm with Ed on that!

No snow, Now salt, No sand... I'd ride all day....

Enjoy. I'm with Bill, is there any traffic out there??? I may need to make that a destination. Some day...

Thanks for the share Burque!
                              Haha, yeah theres a little traffic on Atrisco Vista Blvd but this pic was the entrance to the Petroglyph National Park. A few other cars yesterday but not at that moment.

Some of the roads here remind me of that 80's movie The Comet. Everybody got vaporized by a passing comet unless they were lucky and slept in a metal shed or something. But trust me, there's plenty of traffic and I have to look for the empty spots.
                              Last edited by Burque73; 12-19-2016, 11:45 AM.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

After some 18 degree weather, it went up close to 80 degrees yesterday. My son and I took a 70 mile ride timed to get home before it rained again. It's back down to a high of 37 degrees today so I don't know when it will be nice riding conditions again, but that's the weather in this area. We don't get a real winter but as long as it stays clear and above 20 degrees riding throughout the winter is possible down here in Newport News Va.
                                '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                                X