No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like a warm up in the driveway for all we know...
    Did you actually ride somewhere?

Nah, just messing with you.
    I haven't ridden a GS since maybe September or bothered to do any wrenching either.
    Slacker in otherwords.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

It was sort of in a "driveway", but it was warming up. It was actually in the church parking lot, where I had just provided audio support for the Bach Society of Dayton's Christmas concert. I started the bike, finished putting on my gear, noticed the temperature, took the pictures, headed for home, which is only about 7 miles away, but it's still a "ride".

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Got bout 75 miles this weekend... Low 30's... Running around on the Yamaha. Man this bike rips in the cold! Went into a power wheelie in 2nd at 60mph, Was not expecting that!
        Last edited by Jedz123; 12-04-2017, 12:24 PM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I only had the jacket liner plugged in at that point.

As you can see, it was almost 14 volts (the meter is a couple tenths low, so it was actually 14) at 1500 RPM. It only gets better as I go down the road.

As far as all the rest of the gear, I only have heated gloves to add to the list. I was wearing them, but they were not connected.

The jacket liner I was using was one that I wired myself. I wired it to provide about 50 watts of warmth, which is nice enough to keep the chill off, and does not require a thermostat. I do have a new commercially-available jacket that is about 80 watts, and has a thermostat. I should probably try it to see how it does. The thermostat is a digital model, so it uses pulse width modulation for temperature control. Will be interesting to see if it draws any more current while on low settings to match my current jacket.

You've got some neat toys for sure! Good for you.

My heated jacket will consist of a microwaved cloth covered bag of corn. Should last long enough to get me to the grocery store. Heat for gloves comes from the valve cover. Thumb in the spark plug hole gripping the head works for emergency heat but only one hand at a time.

Totally kidding about the corn. Just layer up, it's not extremely cold here anyway.
          Last edited by Burque73; 12-04-2017, 04:04 PM.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Rainy all day, so didn't pay attention to the temperature.
            THen at about 6pm, dark, I see that is 60 degF and not raining.

SIXTY DEGREES in December in Michigan

Sixty degres in DECEMBER in Michigan

Sixty degrees in December in MICHIGAN

Well, gatta-gatta-gatta-go-fer-ride.
            (Even if did yesterday, and day before.)

So... you would think since it is dark out that you will not be accosted with multiple pictures..... huh? huh?

Last edited by Redman; 12-04-2017, 09:40 PM. Reason: gatta

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Great pics, Red.
                The reflections in the tank are an added bonus.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Had to go into the hospital this afternoon but the wife had an appointment and Charmayne needed to use the truck to get Cheyenne to and from bowling practice. What to do? Have Charmayne drop me off at the garage so I can take the bike of course. It was a warm day out today which proved a bit uncomfortable as my winter gloves were all I had in the tank bag but it was still a nice ride in
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Went out for a quick ride today since we haven't seen the sun in a little while.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

That Van Van looks like such a fun bike!

I got out before breakfast this morning to try out the new balaclava. Works fine, my neck and chin were toasty warm. Too bad my hands froze after five miles. No windjammer on the KLR. Next time it's the GS, probably a lot more on the GS actually till it warms up. Oh, I painted the hand guards so they're not pink anymore, LOL.

So this evening I took the GS out for a 30 mile ride. What a difference! Not only was the cold windy night tolerable, it was enjoyable!! I changed gloves from this morning and had warmer hands but the fairing made all the difference in the world.

Last edited by Burque73; 12-06-2017, 11:50 PM.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Who went for ride today...?
                        Not me.
                        Nor did I see anyone else.

Looks like ride of 2 days ago maybe last in a long time.

... hum, but then again, didn't see any county salt trucks out (did see some city trucks), so some roads could be okay in a few days.

Comment

Nooooooooo!!!!!!
                          Just a matter of time in the Northeast. Perfect timing for my TUX to be down...
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Who went for ride today...?
                            Not me.
                            Nor did I see anyone else.

Looks like ride of 2 days ago maybe last in a long time.

... hum, but then again, didn't see any county salt trucks out (did see some city trucks), so some roads could be okay in a few days.

Red, you're a LOT tougher than I am! Lack of snow is only part of the requirement for me to ride; it's gotta be above at least 50; 70 is better. Yes, I am a big ole wuss.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                              Red, you're a LOT tougher than I am! Lack of snow is only part of the requirement for me to ride; it's gotta be above at least 50; 70 is better. Yes, I am a big ole wuss.
                              With that be-ute-tee-full 850 you have, it should be put away till April when is zero chance of any salt on road.
                              I may take out the shadow on occasion if roads clear and not a lot of salt residue. Fairing and heated gloves and other cold weather riding gear makes a big difference.
                              GK will not be out till about no chance of salt.
                              Last edited by Redman; 12-07-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

May be a few days yet.
                                <<a-hem>>

Comment

Working...
                                X