No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Rob doing? I know he had some health issues that needed a leave from bike stuff....
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      That's a tasty Kat right there! Was that Rob's?
      Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Beautiful bike Dave. Katman's former?
      Yes.

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
      How is Rob doing? I know he had some health issues that needed a leave from bike stuff....
      He's not doing well, but isn't getting worse from what he said. He is too ill to ride though, and has been for a couple of years hence the sell-off of his parts and the eventual selling of his Katana to me this fall. He hopes to one day get back in the saddle and if that time comes, his plan is to build a new full-custom Kat with his daughter and enjoy the quality time together in the garage, and on the bike. My fingers are crossed for him!
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Horrible day at work yesterday... Needed it..

Soaking rains, low 40's... Loved every minute of it!

I ride when I can!!!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

J,

Low 40s, okay.
          Rain, maybe.
          Low 40s and soaking rain - NO.... well, unless I was already out.

Pondering today. Upper 20s.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
            Yes.

He's not doing well, but isn't getting worse from what he said. He is too ill to ride though, and has been for a couple of years hence the sell-off of his parts and the eventual selling of his Katana to me this fall. He hopes to one day get back in the saddle and if that time comes, his plan is to build a new full-custom Kat with his daughter and enjoy the quality time together in the garage, and on the bike. My fingers are crossed for him!
            That's sad news indeed! I knew he had to sell everything off but I figured it was financial reasons, hopefully he can indeed get back in the saddle and back to what he enjoys. My fingers are crossed for him also!
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

With work winding down a bit now, I went to a local wine estate for lunch (but without the wine!). Temperature hit 40°C here today!

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Man I was out for a brisk 30 mile ride but it was freezing. Damn it was like 65F today. What the hell!! I had to put on a second shirt and I am pretty sure my nipples were pointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                  .............. it was freezing. Damn it was like 65F today. ............
                  Aaawwwwwww

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                    With work winding down a bit now, I went
                    Ben, 40degC (105degf), ... and there is that again that I have seen in other pictures from Australia, that dark spot on pavement under and near the bike, has somewhat the shape of the bike.... what is that...?

Comment

28 degF ( -2degC), pondered going for a ride.

Has been 2 weeks since last ride.
                      Roads clear. Most salt gone.
                      Maybe some remaining road salt dust (so defiantly not GK).

Then remembered that the Shadow's tank didnt get topped off yet. So that was the tie-breaker in the decision making, or maybe that was the excuse, no, that was the reason to go for a ride instead of other things I could/should be doing.

Driveway had ice in places, but traveled roads were clear.

THis bayou had one fisherman's shanty.

See the sky there, Ben?
                      Looks the same as the frozen bayou, eh.
                      That is typical here by Lake Michigan, November-Dec-Jan-Feb and some of March.

Was out for about an hour, and was okay.
                      Without the heated gloves would have had problems in about 10 minutes.

I got reminded to get gas, cuz started sputtering in a curve, and reaching for the petcock, got tangled up in the heated gear controller wiring......
                      Last edited by Redman; 12-20-2017, 08:32 PM. Reason: see sky?

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        28 degF ( -2degC), pondered going for a ride.

Has been 2 weeks since last ride, roads clear.
                        Maybe some remaining road salt dust (so defiantly not GK).

Then remembered that the Shadow's tank didnt get topped off yet. So that was the tie-breaker in the decision making, or maybe that was the excuse, no, that was the reason to go for a ride instead of other things I could/should be doing.

Driveway had ice in places, but traveled roads were clear.

THis bayou had one fisherman's shanty.
                        See the sky there, Ben?
                        Looks the same as the frozen bayou, eh.
                        That is typical here by Lake Michigan, November-Dec-Jan-Feb and some of March.

Was out for about an hour, and was okay.
                        Without the heated gloves would have had problems in about 10 minutes.

I got reminded to get gas, cuz started sputtering in a curve, and reaching for the petcock, got tangled up in the heated gear controller wiring......
                        AWESOME!!!!!

Glad to see you out and about!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Glad to see you out and about!
                          Certainly didnt get in 55.5 miles, that you did ... more like about 1/3rd that, includes a few stops and a gas stop (stood there with bike running, gloves on for a while).

Comment

Freaking Out About Gloves

Redman,

I can remember riding in cold weather here in Delaware on my first bike...I was riding from Dover to Hooters in New Castle, DE. I was not actively moving my left hand to control the clutch so when I had to slow down and down-shift, my hand wouldn't move. I remember distinctively staring at my hand until my fingers moved. I was wearing winter gloves but still...they weren't heated.

Riding in cold weather is definitely challenging. I would wear at least 4-5 thin layers beneath my riding jacket. Also, I would wear thermal underpants under my jeans and two pairs of socks with my military sage steel toe boots. It's such an adventure!

Ed
                            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-20-2017, 09:48 PM.
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Dave.... you're tougher and/or crazier than I am. No way would I be out riding in this weather (regardless of the condition of my bike). Every now and then I see somebody riding in weather like this, and I always think "That poor schmuck. That must be the only transportation he has, because no sane person would ride in weather like this by choice!"

Yesterday, I learned something about black ice in MI; it can form even when it's 40F outside. I was coming out of the parking lot at Meijer when the traffic light at the end of the driveway turned red. I hit the brakes (in my car) and started sliding all sideways! Then a couple minutes later, I was walking across the parking lot at McDonald's and encountered it again. So I am REAL glad I didn't decide to ride to work yesterday; I'd have gone down for sure.

Comment

Now is DEFINITELY not the time of year to ride in the dark but I do try to ride year round(I'm not throwing down huge miles in the "riding season"). I've hit black ice and have gone down in the past... I avoid anything that looks wet when it's cold enough to freeze. No light means no commute for I work 6AM to 5PM now... I'm not riding 22 miles in the dark, each way!
                                I start vacation Friday. 6" are supposed to move in so the roads will be screwed for a few days...
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X