Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Hey. Good.
    And you were approaching your your limit of 6 months without getting an other bike. haa haa
    HAHA Yup, it's the first bike sale/purchase of the year! I sold the bike 2 years ago for $1500. With what I had into the bikes I offered for the trade; I already had a healthy chunk of net equity, so even with the cash down I still made out very nicely, about $50 invested to acquire the Bandit back. Add in what what I liquidated the B-12 for last time and what I invested to get the bike back; I'm still very much in the black at the end of the day.

Considering I'm down a big block at the moment for 2 up I figured it would be wise to peddle a deal. It was a win win for me in the end. Plus a bike with that many miles (most I put on) is good PR for business.

Definitely won't be the last bike deal. If I'm not moving bikes I'm doing something wrong.

I'm actually applying for my dealer license this year and intend to hold a small inventory moving forward. I have had a few successful years in the books on my buying and selling (not including the Harley... That was a total me splurge) so I want to push a little more volume this year. I have a design firm branding me / my business. I will be infusing the business model with my social media outlets, in which I'm starting to build a following.

I will drop a whole post about my endeavors soon once I get logistics worked out and my brand & business up and running.

Fun times, turning my hobby that still nets out well into a for fun business plan with the ultimate objective to encourage folks my age to get into the Motorcycle lifestyle.

Enough Hijacking... Back to riding!!!
    Last edited by Jedz123; 01-29-2018, 09:39 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      35degF and dry roads this afternoon AND sun might come out for a few minutes every once in a while hey hey pretty good for Michigan in January.

Got out for about hour and a half.

Went into town for a while. Stopped to look at the 1223 engine for a bit. Hey, this could be a roadside attraction.
      THis engine is same as the one in Polar Express. The coal tipple (large tower structure) is one of the few remaining anywhere.

Took a somewhat interesting road out of town, rode a while and then stopped at this boat ramp.
      Did not ride up on the docks this time.

Cool train. Is it a display only at this point or are they still running it?
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Cool train. Is it a display only at this point or are they still running it?
        Would be considered a "static display". Is another one just like it (one serial number different) on other side of state that is running. Parts from this were used in its repair.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I watched a documentary about the variable speed steam locomotives and it truly was an art to run those things.

Wicked cool shot Dave, glad you got out and racked some miles!!!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Finally worked out how to get an image on the post... Rode to work today and will go for a late afternoon ride with my buddy and his 'Busa'

Kat Jan 18 by Daz Za, on Flickr

"Johnny the boy has done it again... This time its a scrubber"
            ​​
            Darryl from Kiwiland

1982 GSX1100S Katana 1982 GSX750S Katana 1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiAlfa156 View Post
              Finally worked out how to get an image on the post... Rode to work today and will go for a late afternoon ride with my buddy and his 'Busa'

Wow..... that's a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiAlfa156 View Post

Not sure where you are in NZ but random weather site showed a range of 28-33C while many of us are <0. That is 82-91F. Can I come stay with you for a couple months?
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                  Not sure where you are in NZ but random weather site showed a range of 28-33C while many of us are <0. That is 82-91F. Can I come stay with you for a couple months?
                  Up in Auckland, Bob, in the North Island. It's about 27°C right now. Bright sunshine, dry, with a gentle breeze. Perfect riding conditions. In the South Island, they are expecting temps up to 40°C (104°F) in some places today... My work colleagues are heading to a distributors meeting in Cleveland, OH. later this week. Apparently it's currently -3°C (26°F), they aren't much fussed about it.

​​
                  Darryl from Kiwiland

Comment

Love the look of a Kat with spoked wheels.
                    Nice bike, Darryl.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Love the look of a Kat with spoked wheels.
                      Nice bike, Darryl.
                      Thanks Steve.

​​
                      Darryl from Kiwiland

Comment

Hey I didn't realise you were over here as well Darryl, nice to see you posting! Can never be too many Kat pics so thanks for posting another on this thread
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

And now we go from something beautiful to the other extreme:

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                            Hey I didn't realise you were over here as well Darryl, nice to see you posting! Can never be too many Kat pics so thanks for posting another on this thread
                            Hey Pete! GSResources is an incredible wealth of knowledge. Don't post too often, but read a lot. Heep up the good work on the 7-11 Kat build, its gonna be a sweet ride.
                            Darryl

​​
                            Darryl from Kiwiland

Comment

126 Miles and a beer (or two) halfway

Pics from the evening ride with 'Busa Boy'

[IMG]20180130_201417_HDR by Daz Za, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180130_201250_HDR by Daz Za, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180130_182437_HDR by Daz Za, on Flickr[/IMG]

​​
                              Darryl from Kiwiland

Comment

Riding under the super/ blue moon tonight.

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X