anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    Riding under the super/ blue moon tonight.

Well here's the super blue blood moon outside my bedroom window at 6am this morning. It was 18F so I wasn't interested in dragging the bike out for a photo. It was about 6:30am EST and we saw about a 25% eclipse before it dropped off the horizon! Next occurrence should be in 166 years.....zoom on iPhone is not very good for quality.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Lurch, that's a cool picture. I got up to watch the event this morning but couldn't get any good pics of it. My neighbor's were out as well which was pretty neat. We had a telescope set up on top of my truck and enjoyed the morning. It wasn't even down to freezing temps here so decent morning to hang out.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Got a break from the seemingly relentless rain today so I took advantage of it!

Had to give her a rinse when I got home!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Those Van van 's look like fun! I wish I weren't in a place that in order to go virtually anywhere it involves a highway .. a really really fast one. Otherwise I might have to own one.

Comment

I think Dave likes his Van Van quite a lot - he sure posts a lot of pictures of it! And I agree with Boriqua; it does look like a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
              I think Dave likes his Van Van quite a lot - he sure posts a lot of pictures of it! And I agree with Boriqua; it does look like a lot of fun!
              I adore the little thing! It is seriously the most fun I've ever had on two wheels... and that includes the sexytime my wife and I had in our garage on her old GSXR!
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                Those Van van 's look like fun! I wish I weren't in a place that in order to go virtually anywhere it involves a highway .. a really really fast one. Otherwise I might have to own one.
                I imagine it would be a blast in the desert.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  I imagine it would be a blast in the desert.
                  Can a bike with 16hp actually "blast" anywhere?
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

The benefits of life in the PNW. Today I had fresh dungeness crab. $4\LB. or $6 for a big crab. Season got a late start this year, usually Dec-Mar. Puts those east coast blue crabs to shame! A lot of work to get to the good parts but well worth it!
                    sigpic
                    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260
                    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                      I adore the little thing! It is seriously the most fun I've ever had on two wheels... and that includes the sexytime my wife and I had in our garage on her old GSXR!
                      So is there a practical advantage to those balloon-y tires and elongated seat? They really do make the bike look cool!

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                        So is there a practical advantage to those balloon-y tires and elongated seat? They really do make the bike look cool!
                        Comfort for sure. The thing floats down the road on 18psi in each tire and that fat seat feels like your favourite sofa.

I was out in a really water-logged field yesterday (hence the mud) and it felt really stable rolling along on the floatation tires. I think narrow MX tires would have sunk into the quagmire like a pizza cutter through deep dish pepperoni and cheese.
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

In the 80's today and while it was in large part an uneventful ride and not worthy pictures ... I did cross 1500 miles today since I got the thing running again thanks in large part to information glommed here!!

and I thought that was pretty cool!

Comment

2' F on my way into work today. Keep having fun boys! I just recovered from the flu... AND a 18" doozie of a Nor'easter. Nothing like blowing a snow with 101' fever for hours at a time... Took a personal day yesterday and Slept for a good 16 hours.

Definitely getting my miles on my new Honda!

25 more days till I'm Florida bound for 11 days of Motorcycle riding!! Hope to bring back some nice weather and get my riding season started early this year!
                            Last edited by Jedz123; 02-09-2018, 08:25 AM.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

60 and sunny here yesterday...took the DR out to meet buddies for lunch, then I came home and got the Cooley to surprise my son by picking him up from school on it....he likes that.
                              No signature

Comment

Awesome Trev! Son is the cool kid...
                                Motorcycles were villainized in my family so the thought of owning one was always out of mind... Until I got out of College and started living my life to my own accord...
                                Now the family is more on board, 11 years of influence changed their perspective there.
                                The first few years were tough with consistent badgering; a new tolerance to adapt with.
                                Now it's cool... The light switched when my Dad bought a MC, followed by my Bro-in law.
                                Last edited by Jedz123; 02-09-2018, 12:36 PM.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X