No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a fun weekend 2 day session at the Ridge Motorsports Park (2.5 mile 16 turn course)
    Weather was perfect high 60's first day, then blue skies on Sunday.
    Having a surprisingly rapid assimilation process to the new to me 04 Suzuki 750.
    It goes whereever you ask it to, even if it's not the proper line.

Though the 2 days were fun, a crazy amount of crashes occurred.
    Not sure what the deal was with that, most crashes I've ever seen at a trackday.
    All walked away except one who had a colassal tumble, while entering the track 1st turn..
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Nice to meet you

Comment

Originally posted by faker304 View Post
        Nice to meet you
        Hi. Welcome.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

County 666... nice
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went out for a quick ride this morning to shake down the old GS, since I now have it running well again.

Don't know the name of this road, but it wasn't far from the house, and there was shade....

Stopped for lunch before heading home. My friend Ron was at the place I stopped, with his new hot rod. (Wrecked the last one)

Last edited by Baatfam; 06-29-2018, 03:36 PM.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Good for you Bob. Finally back on the bike eh? Here's to hoping that you will ride forever. See you in the Ozarks?
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                Good for you Bob. Finally back on the bike eh? Here's to hoping that you will ride forever. See you in the Ozarks?
                Yes, and it was good...

The Ozarks is on the calendar...
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Stopped for lunch before heading home. My friend Ron was at the place I stopped, with his new hot rod. (Wrecked the last one)

I can see, with places like that, you wanting to get out for a ride (dispite what apprehensions you may have). Good.

Also interesting that you have been there, what, about a year, and you get out and see folks you know. Good.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Charmayne and I took off yesterday morning for her first ride on her own bike through Kentucky (she's ridden on the back of mine there before). As her max distance has only been about 220 miles I decided to keep the trip somewhat easy on her limiting her first day to 200 miles and finishing up with 177 miles today. We left the house mid-morning yesterday and headed over to our normal route through Caesars Creek than south to OH-763 into Aberdeen OH. Now this has been a nice stretch of road in the past that I could take at a reasonably quick pace but on this day we fought 90+ degree weather and the stupid tar snakes that made some of our turns very hair raising to say the least. However, we made it to Aberdeen for lunch and gas for her bike then made our way into Kentucky on HWY 10 then over to HWY 22. We stopped in Falmouth for a water break than jumped back on 22 headed for our stop in Carrollton.

This morning after breakfast we then hit the road for Clifty Falls in Indiana and the run home back to Ohio. She is extremely ecstatic over her ride through Kentucky and has already made it known she wants to head back. As I want to make my way back into West Virginia, we may head east to Huntington some time in the next couple of weeks.

Some pictures:

The route:
                    Charmayne and I Kentucky by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Charmayne at a KY-22 water/picture stop in a church parking lot
                    Charmayne on KY-22 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Some farmland before reaching Carrollton
                    Farm Land outside of Carrollton by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Once we got to Carrollton and had dinner, we took a walk down the road to look at this old barn
                    Carrollton KY Barn by Scott Baker, on Flickr

And to get a picture of the sunset
                    Kentucky Sunset by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I've been around a lot of barns in my life but I've never seen one raised off the ground like this. Would anyone have an idea why?
                    Carrollton KY Lifted Barn by Scott Baker, on Flickr

The upper portion of Great Clifty Falls
                    Upper Great Clifty Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

And the lower portion; the water flow wasn't that strong and we couldn't get any closer so it's hard to see
                    Lower Great Clifty Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice, glad you two had a nice outing.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        Charmayne at a KY-22 water/picture stop in a church parking lot
                        Cha
                        Good to hear of your father-daughter adventure.

ANd nice that you included the road in this picture.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Been a bit warm in southern Ohio lately so I try to get out early and ride before the heat and humidity gets ugly. Put 130 miles on the 850 this morning and stopped at Paint Creek Lake dam for a water in, water out break.

IMG_20180702_112721393_HDR.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by NavyDad View Post
                            Been a bit warm in southern Ohio lately so I try to get out early and ride before the heat and humidity gets ugly. Put 130 miles on the 850 this morning and stopped at Paint Creek Lake dam for a water in, water out break.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55525[/ATTACH]
                            Good lookin' 850 you got there. I know what you mean about the weather getting ugly early; it has been awfully warm here in Ann Arbor as well; 95 during the day and 75 at night. Ugh.

And your description of your break made me chuckle; I had never heard it put quite that way. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Took the ole' B-12 in this AM. I'm really enjoying the bike without the fairing... Beast!

Last edited by Jedz123; 07-03-2018, 08:13 AM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Took the ole' B-12 in this AM. I'm really enjoying the bike without the fairing... Beast!

Looks good either way, IMO. Nice bike!

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X