No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I offered to let a buddy ride my KLR last night and he handed me the key to his little scooter so I could follow along.

It was a first for both of us. He had a blast on the Kaw and so did I on his Gold Wing. It's a 40th anniversary edition, 1800cc monster! Unbelievably nimble for a giant bike!
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Nice Roger! I hope to get my Goldwing cherry popped when I go to the Traveling Picnic this year!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Took the ole' B-12 in this AM. I'm really enjoying the bike without the fairing... ..............
        You dee-Scalated your Bandit 1200S.
        Maybe just for summer....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          You dee-Scalated your Bandit 1200S.
          Maybe just for summer....?
          The fairing is looking pretty tattered, 90K (Mostly Jedz enduced)miles will do that I guess. Haha

A good friend of mine often says after my modifications such as this; it’s been Justi(n)fied
          Last edited by Jedz123; 07-03-2018, 01:15 PM.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The view from a Katana front fender. Nice ride yesterday evening in the flat lands of Essex County, Ontario. Taken on County Road 42 heading east, just northwest of Comber. Apologies for the smudge in the centre - GoPro vs. Bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              The fairing is looking pretty tattered, 90K (Mostly Jedz enduced)miles will do that I guess. Haha

A good friend of mine often says after my modifications such as this; it’s been Justi(n)fied
              Justin, I sent you a PM on Tuesday. Did you not get it? Is your inbox full?
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Last couple weeks have been busy, called back into work on a couple occasions and other stuff going on. Have only gottten out for a couple short early morning rides.

Had stuff going on today too, but said, "pouiee" on some of that stuff, am going for a ride this afternoon.
                Got out for a couple hours, rode a known fun road along the Muskegon River.
                Went past a road that looked interesting on the map, curvey, over some creeks and some small lakes nearby, ..... I have said I was going to try some day, so today I took it.
                Went about a mile then was "Pavement Ends" sign.
                Ahhh, but bike was already dirty, so keept going since was good gravel road.
                Found some intersting places

Then road turned into more dirt and sand than gravel so turned around.

No pics from the rest of the travels.
                Was good to get out for a couple hours.
                Last edited by Redman; 07-05-2018, 08:35 PM. Reason: spullung

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Last couple weeks have been busy, called back into work on a couple occasions and other stuff going on. Have only gottten out for a couple short early morning rides.
                  Sounds like someone needs to retire....
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Sounds like someone needs to retire....
                    ha
                    You understand, Bob.
                    Yes, that is what I siad to myself. I said I am retired now, but am not doing some of the things I thought I was going to be doing.... so some of this stuff I AM doing is just going to have to wait.

Comment

Here's a few from the past month or so. I've gone on a couple of camping trips on my GS750 and done a bunch of riding with my buddy with a 1977 GS550.

Representing the GS at a motorcycle night here in Boston:

In other news, I came home yesterday to find my GS750 on it's side on the road yesterday. Somebody backed into it and took off. No note and it's the second time it's happened in the past year...
                      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                      1977 GS550
                      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Glad to see you two enjoying the bikes and not screwing them up with cafe/bobber mods. Also, have you ridden each other's bikes for gits n shiggles?

Comment

Rode up to Norris Dam this morning. About a 30 minute ride on a pleaseant, curvy sweeper, uncrowded, tree lined road, (once you get past a few stop lights in town).

The Norris Dam was completed in 1936, and was the first dam built by the TVA.

And a picture of the full dam. 265 feet high and 1860 feet long.

And one for Dave (Redman)

Last edited by Baatfam; 07-07-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Weather finally cooled off from 90s, so I took the "new" '80 GS550 out for about 20 miles. It's running great. The handlebar position feels really funny by modern standards.

Comment

Rode up to Norris Dam this morning. ................
                              Good to see that you are getting out more.
                              Nice pics.

And one for Dave (Redman)
                              HA! (but you got your entire face in the frame).
                              Last edited by Redman; 07-06-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Good to see that you are getting out more.

Nice pics.
                                Thanks...it was already after 10am and the sun was very brutal, but some clouds came over to help with some of the shots...

HA! (but you got your entire face in the frame).
                                I couldn't steal your whole artistic persona, could I?

Comment

Working...
                                X