anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
    Anyway, we have a mannequin named Glenda in our house, and we rode by Glenda's Dance Place, so we had to take a picture.
    ... And.....?
    ... And you are going to take her there to dance....?

Well, at least you got the bike in the picture, and the reflection of you guys and bike.

I dont know whats more courious; you taking such a picture, or you telling us about this. har har har (but it fits in here).
    Last edited by Redman; 07-16-2018, 04:42 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got out today for a bit of a ride, about an hour and a half.
      Today will be last day that will be able to go for ride for about a week.
      So, yah, ya'll will get a break from my goofy roadside pictures. Maybe this will help me break this bad habit.

Stopped to look in this blueberry field.
      Not ripe yet.

But the next section of the same field, they look more ripe.

I didnt see any irrigation equipment. The bushes look a bit differnt too, must be a different variety.
      Last edited by Redman; 07-16-2018, 09:58 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Her name is Glenda because that's her name.
        And she's in the house because if she were on the porch, either she'd get stolen or she'd succumb to the weather.
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Thank you Sir for clearing that up.
          Makes perfect sense.
          Asking for a friend....does Glenda have a sister?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I got out today after work for a sunset ride.IMG_7994.jpg
            Twas a beautiful sight.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Thank you Sir for clearing that up.
              Makes perfect sense.
              Asking for a friend....does Glenda have a sister?
              Glenda doesn't talk about her family. To be honest, I think she may have PTSD from some event earlier in her life. Most days she doesn't say anything at all, and she hardly ever even changes her clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by jswhite View Post
                I got out today after work for a sunset ride.[ATTACH=CONFIG]55651[/ATTACH]
                Twas a beautiful sight.
                Never been to New Mexico, but I didn't picture Kansas in my mind... You have mountains, right?
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by jswhite View Post
                  I got out today after work for a sunset ride.[ATTACH=CONFIG]55651[/ATTACH]
                  Twas a beautiful sight.
                  We have the best sunsets, but it's a bear to capture just how magnificent they are.

I'd venture to bet the mountains are visible by looking to the other side of the street. Maybe even volcanoes?? Nice picture!

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Short rides today

Did some short rides today and followed my bicycle routs, just to check their total distance with the odometer.
                    Took some pics of me on my bike, just wanted to see if I looked like a dork in my Hi-Vis gear.
                    I spray painted the front of my helmet after reading more stories about left turn crashes.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      Took some pics of me on my bike, just wanted to see if I looked like a dork in my Hi-Vis gear.
                      I spray painted the front of my helmet after reading more stories about left turn crashes.
                      Lookin great, Bill!
                      I don't care if I "look like a dork in my Hi-Vis gear" (I don't think I do, for that matter). The top four reasons I wear Hi-Vis gear are:
                      1, visibility
                      2, visibility
                      3, visibility
                      4, armor

I never want any driver to say about me "I just didn't see him!"

I just got a new helmet and was excited how well it matched my jacket:

Compare that to my old helmet (and you can view more of the jacket here):

Comment

kerrfunk, If we had a "Like" button here I would have punched it for your HJC. Probably what inspired me to post my pics.
                        Actually I wish we had a "Like" button, there would be more encouraging feedback from members.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          Did some short rides today and followed my bicycle routs, just to check their total distance with the odometer.

Yep, still look like a Dork, but a Hi-Vis Dork. 👍🤣
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I like hi viz and don't care about looking dorky - actually I dont even think it looks bad anyway.
                            My my jacket / pants are black, the jacket being purchased long ago. On trips I wear a hi viz vest over the jacket that I use at work, and it seems that I'm given more leeway in traffic - I still make no assumptions though. I should wear it all of the time, but locally I generally don't.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              Yep, still look like a Dork, but a Hi-Vis Dork. 藍
                              The best kind of dork to be!!!

Comment

You’re right super flat. But if I look in the other direction there are mountains that climb 4000 plus feet from the valley floor. 5AE4C955-4959-4DF6-8E72-7DD0B4028D9B.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X