No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you take it to the shop, check the vacuum line from the petcock to the carbs. A few weeks ago I had my tank unbolted to work on something. After I got everything back together the bike would start but I couldn't keep it running. Looked around for a while and noticed that I must have pulled the gas tank up high enough earlier that the vacuum line had popped off the back of the petcock. Worth a look anyway. Could be an easy fix.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      Before you take it to the shop, check the vacuum line from the petcock to the carbs. A few weeks ago I had my tank unbolted to work on something. After I got everything back together the bike would start but I couldn't keep it running. Looked around for a while and noticed that I must have pulled the gas tank up high enough earlier that the vacuum line had popped off the back of the petcock. Worth a look anyway. Could be an easy fix.
      I thought of that too, this morning, AFTER i'd dropped it off at the shop .

But not to worry, if it's something that simple they'll charge me maybe 30 mins labour, and likely give it a welcome general look over too.
      Last edited by Admiral Beez; 09-05-2018, 11:23 AM.
      1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Natchez Trace Parway / Barber Motorsports Museum trip

Just returned from a 1370 mile, round-trip to Jackson, MS via the Natchez Trace Parkway, then on to the Barber Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, AL. The Barber Museum is a "bucket-list item" for anyone that likes bikes! I spent about 5 hours there and could have stayed longer. Already looking forward to my next trip. Here is a pic of the top floor. (1 of 5 floors)

IMG_0086.jpg
        Ron
        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Looks like I’ve got bigger issues.

1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
            ............................. the Natchez Trace Parkway, then on to the Barber Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, AL.
            Ah, two good things.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode to North Muskegon, looking for a certain large monument I recall being close to the road, but the park has been revised and the monument move to where not that accessible to bike without riding thru the park lawn area and on foot paths, so I declined to be so rude.
              But did walk around and look around at various other monuments there. There was one to the "Northern Russia Expeditionary Forces 1918-1919".
              Oh, I suppose that is a function of a monument, to mark something to bring it to the attention of people that otherwise would not be aware of it.

Then rode to a nearby 9 hole disc golf course, and that was so wet soggy from recent heavy rains that I abandoned the idea of throwing a round.

On way home I thought of another memorial park that could be considered a "monument", so diverted over that way.

Is four monuments there, one for each branch of the armed services. I choose this one (Army) for its best view/reflection of the heilcopter (and it had the most names).

I recall reading an artical about this memorail/helicopter. When they were arranging for this helicopter, they tried to contact past crew members, and were successful and finding many, including the guy that had painted the mascot character on it. And that guy came to Muskegon to repaint it back on.

Other info
              Waymarking.com is a way to mark unique locations on the planet and give them a voice. While GPS technology allows us to pinpoint any location on the planet, mark the location, and share it with others, Waymarking is the toolset for categorizing and adding unique information for that location.

Last edited by Redman; 09-06-2018, 07:37 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The other day I went on a ride with my brother (2012 Concourse) and my son (BMW S1000RR). I rode Skunk #2 and late in the day my chain broke. So I parked it and rode home with my kid on this:

I now know what it's like to ride a wheelie at 100mph and to rip a turn at about 40 degree lean angle. I've decided to never buy a cheap chain again.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Had family stuff going on Sat & Sunday.
                  But did get out for a little Sunday evening ride, did not get far out of town, but came back for sunset down near the beach.

Then thru downtown, ew, oh, ew, ew, no line and a parking spot right in front .... so had to stop.
                  Especailly since they close after next week.

Comment

Early ride today. It's starting to get cooler out here so the insulation will be going back in the riding jacket before too long.

Sunrise between the volcanoes. Off in the distance are the Sandia Mountains.

Last edited by Burque73; 09-13-2018, 11:28 AM. Reason: Typo
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

After the GSR rally in Vermont I wandered around a few days. I had to sit out a huge rain storm that basically covered all of NY and VT for about 2 days. Mt. Ascutney state park in VT had nice leantos.

[/url]

There's a road to almost the top of the mountain and foot trails too. Nice bike and hike.

[/url]

See that antenna next to the bike? They use that to monitor and study tagged birds passing through the valley below.

Headed north when the weather started to clear up. This is Rt. 17 in VT, a road I've wanted to ride for a while.

Comment

artful work on that windjammer windshield!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                          artful work on that windjammer windshield!
                          well you could be being sarcastic, and i wouldn't blame you, but it was neccessary to cut it down because i couldn't see through it. i used a frisbee to trace the rounded part and a spiral saw freehand for the cut.

930 miles on the ugly this trip. no probs.

Comment

No! I think it's pretty cool how you kept the overall outline and "repeated" it in the way you cut it down- I probably would have just sawed it off right across with a simple flat curve and it would not have looked as well!

Comment

The Ugly has become one of my favorite bikes here. For me its not always about shiny, originality, best modifications, etc. Its often about miles ridden, trips taken, stories told, and good times had on an old machine. Steel Toed Tank's beat up 750 with its milk crates comes to mind as well.
                              Bikes with personality.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                The Ugly has become one of my favorite bikes here. For me its not always about shiny, originality, best modifications, etc. Its often about miles ridden, trips taken, stories told, and good times had on an old machine. Steel Toed Tank's beat up 750 with its milk crates comes to mind as well.
                                Bikes with personality.
                                the ugly and i appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
                                X