No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soaking Rains up here, still riding hard!!!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

37° when I left this morning to buy my newest accessory, a barely used windshield/fairing that was dirt cheap on Craigslist. It was about 60 miles each direction, had to stop twice to quit making wind and warm up a bit but made it back in relative comfort non-stop!IMG_20181102_165932479.jpg
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
        37° when I left this morning to buy my newest accessory, a barely used windshield/fairing that was dirt cheap on Craigslist. It was about 60 miles each direction, had to stop twice to quit making wind and warm up a bit but made it back in relative comfort non-stop![ATTACH=CONFIG]56686[/ATTACH]
        Nice score!
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Positively balmy today on the west coast so the T-Rux got some more exercise!

Passed Trevor on his Cooley heading the opposite way during my ride so I wasn't the only one out enjoying the weather!
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Some really nice photos. Thanks fellas!

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
              Positively balmy today on the west coast so the T-Rux got some more exercise!

Passed Trevor on his Cooley heading the opposite way during my ride so I wasn't the only one out enjoying the weather!
              It warmed my heart to see you out riding today Dave...saw you a couple of weeks ago too out in Brentwood.
              We were a motley Crüe today...my Cooley, 75 Honda 750 four, 2003 Concours and a 2013 GS1200 bmw...sunny and 65ish...gotta love the island
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                37° when I left this morning to buy my newest accessory, a barely used windshield/fairing that was dirt cheap on Craigslist. It was about 60 miles each direction, had to stop twice to quit making wind and warm up a bit but made it back in relative comfort non-stop![ATTACH=CONFIG]56686[/ATTACH]
                Looks similar to the Silhouette (circa 1982) I had on my 650G. But I can see it is a more modern one.
                Yah, that will make a big difference, really extend your season for you. And ride a lot further in cooler temps. Take wind blast off body and neck and hands. And the lower portion takes some off the knees.

Did you feel like something was pushing you forward?
                You are kinda tall, so maybe you need it to be upright.
                I found a significant difference weither it was tilted back a bit or standing more straight up. Just an inch can make a difference. So you can try that if you have that possibility and if you are experiencing anything you want to minimize.

Yah, I would put that fairing on in late fall to extend the season. Leave it on in spring when still cold. Take it off in early summer.

Last edited by Redman; 11-02-2018, 09:28 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  It warmed my heart to see you out riding today Dave...saw you a couple of weeks ago too out in Brentwood.
                  We were a motley Crüe today...my Cooley, 75 Honda 750 four, 2003 Concours and a 2013 GS1200 bmw...sunny and 65ish...gotta love the island
                  I was wondering if you four were together... the car between you and the rest of the group threw me off.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Couple more from last night. It was a beautiful night...
                    http://Suzuki by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

http://Suzuki by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Looks similar to the Silhouette (circa 1982) I had on my 650G. But I can see it is a more modern one.
                      Yah, that will make a big difference, really extend your season for you. And ride a lot further in cooler temps. Take wind blast off body and neck and hands. And the lower portion takes some off the knees.

Did you feel like something was pushing you forward?
                      You are kinda tall, so maybe you need it to be upright.
                      I found a significant difference weither it was tilted back a bit or standing more straight up. Just an inch can make a difference. So you can try that if you have that possibility and if you are experiencing anything you want to minimize.

Yah, I would put that fairing on in late fall to extend the season. Leave it on in spring when still cold. Take it off in early summer.

It's a National Cycle Plexifairing which is still being made, was able to download the installation instructions before running over to buy it. The instructions said to set up the angle of the windshield parallel to the angle of the forks which is what I did, the bike acts like it doesn't even know it's on there! This puts the top just below my line of sight and keeps the wind off my face and helmet but is just a tad low to completely block the hand grips. The very outside edges of my upper arms get a bit of wind as do my legs but with the rest of my body staying warmer it's really a non issue. I'm going to lift it up an inch or two this morning for better hand protection and see if the top gets in the way from seeing, no biggie if I need to drop back down though. Making a run over to Traverse City tommorow, wouldn't have even considered it before yesterday!
                      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

http://Raleigh Roma scooter by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Vertical pano, Glen?
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

No, just in normal mode. Not sure what aspect ratio it was set on at at the time though. I was playing around with it.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Hey, Jason, Good to hear from you. Do tell us more of your adventures.
                              Mostly have been riding to work lately, with some short joy rides/long way home adventures afterward. I did get out for a little bike and hike today. Hwy 160 is an absolute blast, all the way from Salem to Charlestown, IN. Tunnel Mill Road, where the preserve is located, is great too. Stopped at Nine Penny Branch Nature Preserve for a nice walk.

fullsizeoutput_1a2 by larson45056, on Flickr

3IOEeCHmRXynb9IUKPqfzA by larson45056, on Flickr
                              Regards,
                              Jason

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCloud View Post
                                Hwy 160 is an absolute blast, all the way from Salem to Charlestown, IN. Tunnel Mill Road, .... is great too. ............
                                Tunnel Mil Rd.... Old 62?
                                Looking at map, there seems to be a lot of interesting roads over that way by Charlestown.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X