Is that salt all over the bike?
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
      Is that salt all over the bike?
      just about 400 miles worth of road grime. They haven't laid any salt down yet... Just rain every day for the past few days since I got the T120 back.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Spitting Snow on my ride yesterday, drenching rain and soaking roads with over spray... Still got my 100 miles!
        I too was gonna harrass, er, um, ah, state, state my concern about road salt on that new bike.

Let me also share an observation I made about myslef. I found that the two occassions that I rode off with the sidestand down was after having it up on centerstand.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          I too was gonna harrass, er, um, ah, state, state my concern about road salt on that new bike.

Let me also share an observation I made about myslef. I found that the two occassions that I rode off with the sidestand down was after having it up on centerstand.
          HEHE Well Dave I bought the bike to ride... Not to look at. Truth being I will likely trade in after warranty expires in 3 years for something newer, at that point I'm sure I'll have close to 80K miles on it anyway!

Yeah she won't let me go with the side stand down. Put it in gear and it dies even with the clutch suppressed.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

HEHE Well Dave I bought the bike to ride... Not to look at. Truth being I will likely trade in after warranty expires in 3 years for something newer, at that point I'm sure I'll have close to 80K miles on it anyway!

Yeah she won't let me go with the side stand down. Put it in gear and it dies even with the clutch suppressed.
            Triumph should pay you for testing the new tranny gear.

My ’09 Bonneville SE does the same with the side stand down — a safety feature.

Comment

Yah, Same as my '02 R1150RT. I should have thought that such interlock might be fairly standard these days.

(but on my RT it cutts out the ignition, but not the starter. So Doesn't occur to this old dog why its cranking but not starting.)

Last edited by Redman; 11-07-2018, 08:04 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Yah, Same as my '02 R1150RT. I should have thought that such interlock might be fairly standard these days.

(but on my RT it cutts out the ignition, but not the starter. So Doesn't occur to this old dog why its cranking but not starting.)

That uber weird... Frickn' Germans.

I'm pretty sure there is some sorcery going on in my bike, for a "standard" motorcycle the thing is loaded to the gills in tech. I often think/hope, Sure hope nothing electric goes.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Your a stud.
                  Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                  Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                  Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

AZR and I got out for a spin today....first ride for Rob on his new to him GS1100ES....the po is a member here....Kevin you kept good care of the bike and you know Rob will too.

No signature

Comment

Nice couple of bikes...
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        Nice couple of bikes...
                        Especially the white and blue one.
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Nice morning today.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Nice. We had about 2" of new snow on the ground here in Ann Arbor. It ain't summer no more I guess.

Comment

That 1100ES.... OMG!

Your Coolie is nice too, Trevor.

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                                Nice. We had about 2" of new snow on the ground here in Ann Arbor. It ain't summer no more I guess.
                                We had a dusting of snow on Monday. Cold (just barely freezing for the high), wind, no riding for me. Today it was clear and in the 40's, climbing temps for the rest of the week into the mid 50's. Cold snaps come and go pretty quickly. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for a ride.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X