No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ride on my new ride this morning! A little cool and drizzly out but the bike's got ABS, Traction Control, Stability Control, heated grips, etc so I was comfortable and secure. I really like this bike! Good thing since I liquidated three of my fleet to get it.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Ah! RnineT
      One of those bikes with cylinders sticking out both sides.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Congratulations on the new bike Dave! Gorgeous machine, nice to see another brand new modern classic to join these ranks!!!

I guess the real question is why you didn't get a Thruxton R?
        Last edited by Jedz123; 11-28-2018, 06:18 PM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got for ride today?

No.

Four inches the other day of heavy snow,

which easily packed into ice, and no thaw since.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            Congratulations on the new bike Dave! Gorgeous machine, nice to see another brand new modern classic to join these ranks!!!

I guess the real question is why you didn't get a Thruxton R?
            It was a tough choice between the RnineT and the Thruxton R, I actually lost sleep over it! In the end though, I just wanted to try something completely different and the style of the Racer was just too gorgeous to ignore.

I will say though that it'll be hard to ignore the new Speed Twin when it debuts... Thruxton R performance with comfy Bonneville ergos? That'd be the perfect daily ride, if you ask me.
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Got for ride today?

No.

I feel for you. I spent 37 of my 48 years in Eastern Ontario dealing with snow... I never liked it and I sure don't miss it.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                I feel for you. I spent 37 of my 48 years in Eastern Ontario dealing with snow... I never liked it and I sure don't miss it.
                And let me guess; And that was a factor in why you are in BC now......

Comment

First ride on my new ride this morning! A little cool and drizzly out but the bike's got ABS, Traction Control, Stability Control, heated grips, etc so I was comfortable and secure. I really like this bike! Good thing since I liquidated three of my fleet to get it.

Gorgeous bike, Dave.
                  I just read a couple reviews and it sounds like my current riding style/needs would fit that bike perfectly.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

And let me guess; And that was a factor in why you are in BC now......
                    The main factor, actually.
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Got for ride today?

No.

Isn't that little bike missing a seat?
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

It was a tough choice between the RnineT and the Thruxton R, I actually lost sleep over it! In the end though, I just wanted to try something completely different and the style of the Racer was just too gorgeous to ignore.

I will say though that it'll be hard to ignore the new Speed Twin when it debuts... Thruxton R performance with comfy Bonneville ergos? That'd be the perfect daily ride, if you ask me.
                        I was looking at a Thruxton myself but pulled the trigger on the T120 just because of the comfort level. I ended the season with putting 21K miles on my new Triumph and the thought of doing that on a Thruxton makes me quiver.

Agreed the new Speed Twin is bad ass... I love this water cooled 1200 lump... Right on the money so good chance when I retire the T120 in a few years I'll trade in for the Speed Twin.

The RnineT is one cool looking machine, gorgeous actually. But for my riding style I couldn't justify getting one. You should do a review after you get a few thousand miles on it. Be interested in how you fair with it!

Best of luck my friend! Congratulations again!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Very nice Dave!

If I were ever to buy a new bike an RnineT would definitely be on my short list to check out. I've seen a few around the place and there's a fella who rides one past work every morning as I'm walking back from the gym and it has a real nice sound to it.
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

As expected the Irrational Weather Service had us pegged for a snowstorm of biblical proportions which netted a mere dusting. Although the lake is frozen well enough for ice fishing there's no snow on the ground. Been riding pretty regularly and the forecast for the next week looks like it'll stay that way.
                            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

The new boxers & Bonnevilles are sweet. Am seriously considering upgrading to one. Decision was delayed by the need to replace an old worn out car.
                              The new MG V85 could be a contender but there aren’t enough dealers.

Looking forward to your updates after you’ve racked up some miles on that RnineT.

Comment

I've ridden to work the past three days. Love this bike. It is waaaay overjetted, though. Doesn't help that the fuel gauge isn't working. I think it's getting about 20 mpg, so the carbs will be coming apart again this weekend.
                                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X