No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous day here today! And not a bad picture for an old iPhone 5.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Thanks to all for sharing the great pic's!
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

So I'm going to be officially wrapping my season up. I will still be racking a handful of miles on the TU250X and the DT125 but the big bikes will be going in, after a not so pleasant experience (no fall but holy sketch fest) on the T120, I ran my numbers and decided it's time to pack it up and pack it in.

The Counts:

Broke 30K miles this season. Pretty happy about that! I will officially close out the season December 31st.

I got to meet some awesome folks in the GSR family this year! Brown county ride and the Traveling picnic was definitely worth the big mile rides!

Triumph did well considering it needed a radiator and transmission this year.

The big saver was my little TU250X!
        I ended up putting 100 miles on this little bugger for over a month every day! Awesome little machine...

Anyway not sure if I'll be posting much more pics, At this point it means I need to strip down to get to the layer my phone is in and I often won't stop and grab a quick pic like I usually do.

Great putting some faces to names and for those that can ride please do for I will be going nuts by January...
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

1993 KLR? You holdin' out on us?

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
            1993 KLR? You holdin' out on us?
            No, I put it in my data sheet for I have interest in buying one but I haven't had a chance to make the 12 hour round trip to get it. I'll likely not get that one. But a big enduro is on the radar with a large liquidation in the spring.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              No, I put it in my data sheet for I have interest in buying one but I haven't had a chance to make the 12 hour round trip to get it. I'll likely not get that one. But a big enduro is on the radar with a large liquidation in the spring.
              Buy a Dr650 then...
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Buy a Dr650 then...
                That's what I'm really looking for. Looking for 98 or newer... One with an E-leg. I'm saving my pennies up! Coming across some KLR's for dirt cheap though.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

That's what I'm really looking for. Looking for 98 or newer... One with an E-leg. I'm saving my pennies up! Coming across some KLR's for dirt cheap though.
                  Same thing I encountered -- there are 50 KLRs for sale cheep for every beat to hell DR650 that pops up for premium money. Seriously, everyone seems to want $3,000+ for a DR that's been dragged behind a truck, tossed off a cliff, and stored in a pond.

So I gave up and bought a KLR. And when a phone-poking triple-faking left turner killed my first KLR, I bought another one before I was able to walk again.

Yeah, they're fun...
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                    Same thing I encountered -- there are 50 KLRs for sale cheep for every beat to hell DR650 that pops up for premium money. Seriously, everyone seems to want $3,000+ for a DR that's been dragged behind a truck, tossed off a cliff, and stored in a pond.

So I gave up and bought a KLR. And when a phone-poking triple-faking left turner killed my first KLR, I bought another one before I was able to walk again.

Yeah, they're fun...
                    Yeah it's insane!! I found a 93 DR650 with no headlight, no gauges, missing plastics, torn seat wanted $1500, I couldn't talk him down bellow $1200 and I told him I wasn't going to spend over a $K for a bike I had to kick start and was missing lights and gauges... Wouldn't go any lower than $1200...

I've found a few DR650 +98 in the $2K-$2500 range but they are beat or have higher mileage or both....

I also kept my eyes peeled for a DRZ400 and forget finding one of those for less than $3.5K for a beat to hell offering.

The KLRs are CHEAP. The one I was looking to grab was a 93 with 20,000 miles guy wanted $800 because he was missing the plastics for the radiator shroud, bike is in good running shape and has brand new tires.

I'm going into the woods and it will likely go down at least once so I don't want a showroom bike. I also don't want a pricey bike because I'll likely break it and will need the extra coin in the purse to fix!

Thanks Brian, I'll keep the forum apprised on what I find for my next bike!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Why do you guys think DR’s are more money? Lol...
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Why do you guys think DR’s are more money? Lol...
                        HAHA I get it!
                        My buddy rides a DR650 and he told me to save and just get the DR; lighter, quicker more grunt... It's a air cooled Suzuki and we all can attest they are damn near indestructible.
                        If I find a good deal you bet I'll snag it but to kinda get my feel for this "enduro" thing I wouldn't mind just getting on a KLR for CHEAP and than if I really love it upgrade to a DR650.
                        We will see!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

HAHA I get it!
                          My buddy rides a DR650 and he told me to save and just get the DR; lighter, quicker more grunt... It's a air cooled Suzuki and we all can attest they are damn near indestructible.
                          If I find a good deal you bet I'll snag it but to kinda get my feel for this "enduro" thing I wouldn't mind just getting on a KLR for CHEAP and than if I really love it upgrade to a DR650.
                          We will see!
                          Lol... well tis the season to be a motorcycle buyer. 🙂
                          No signature

Comment

Good call Jedz123!
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Moving house next Friday so in an attempt to free up some space, my wife and I relocated two bikes over to my sister's garage for safe keeping. She rode her GSX-S750 and I stuck a day permit on the Katana and rode that over. Forgot how much jam the 1260 engine makes! Really dig this machine.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Dirt day on Vancouver Island. Gotta love the weather here.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X