No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics, everyone. Thanks for sharing.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Was just the other day I was so happy the bike running so well after the carb rebuild-cleaning and other work.

Today Took the bike out to runn some errands, and started running like c-ca-cra-crap, a bit of a shutter-stutter. Seems to idle, but the stutter on accell, and not the accelleration it should be, and can feel the stuttering at higher speed. Is a real quick stutter, maybe better described as a shudder.

Very discouraging.

Stopped an let it sit for about 5 minutes, #2 pipe was cold while others still warm.
      Ran it some more to get home a few miles, stopped and checked pipes again, #2 pipe a little warm by head and cold further down, others hot. So #2 is not heating up.

Makes me want to read the "why some folks should not have old bikes" again.

Next few days I have a lot other stuff going on, then will be completely unavailable to work on it for about 3 1/2 weeks, then will have not much more than a week before Brown County.

Trying to think of what to check first. Plug wires were trimmed back last year, and new caps last fall. But I can check those again. New plugs with the recent work.
      CAn check spark on #2.
      Since is cyclinder 2, I can see if blocking off the vacuum line to the petcock makes a difference.
      Other than those, I cant think of anything else.
      Dont know weither to post in "Ignition" or "4 cylinder". Maybe after I find out a bit more.

Am annoyed and discouraged. Looking for any words of wisdom.
      Assuming your carb work was good does narrow it down. Either too much fuel to fire or poor fire. Would still check the petcock for any leaking. Block it off like you say and re-test. Double check fuel level in the bowl. Check for good spark. Swap the sparkplug and re-test. Process of elimination. Gotta believe it's something simple if it ran well recently. Hang in there.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        How much of that cost was for labor?

I have asked about valve adjustment work for my Bandit and was told upwards of $400 - almost all of it was for labor and just for the check; an adjustment would be more
        Twelve years ago, when I had my CBR929, the local Powersports shop quoted me $900.00 to check the valves on the 929.
        I never checked for a quote for the Bandit, always did my own valves. Adjustments are straight forward on it.
        Last edited by earlfor; 05-26-2019, 08:44 PM.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

A little rain shower....
          http://Suzuki by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            A little rain shower....
            Great photograph...

And technical impressive, with the 1.3 second exposure at ISO 1600.
            Do you ever pack a tripod?
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

50 miles of dirt roads and trails in East Fort Rock yesterday61139192_10216675985349598_5359419732803977216_o.jpg
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Great photograph...

And technical impressive, with the 1.3 second exposure at ISO 1600.
                Do you ever pack a tripod?
                Thanks Bob. I had a tough time last night. Most of the pictures I took there ended up getting deleted due to blur from camera shake. I think one side of the camera was resting on the ground in this shot. I did use the mini tripod on some other pictures taken here. The bike is on a loading dock so the low shots were pretty easy to get.
                I’m probably going to revisit this spot. There were a couple shots that I really liked the composition of, but were blurred.
                I was a bit rushed which didn’t help, and I may need to start carrying my eyeglasses - the newest addition to my aging man gear....
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Man Glen, you do have a way with that camera, don't you? I looked at some of your "non-motorcycle" shots on Flickr, and they're all great. I especially liked the one of the pooch laying on the floor!

Comment

Thanks.. my new camera makes me much better then I really am... it’s a lot of trial and error for me.
                    sigpic

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

There is Glen (dorkburger), riding at night, is raining, what to do? Stop somewhere with a street light so can get picture of water beaded up on bike.

Im-Press-Ive.

say, Glen, where you going for that reflection shimmer on the disc??

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The reflection was happenstance. The whole stop was a bit frazzled and rushed.
                        As far as the rain goes.... the only time it rained here over the three day weekend was... ten minutes after I got on the bike until shortly after I got home. It was warm though and only a light rain. It probably had something to do with my giving my bike it’s yearly scrub earlier in the week.
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Headed north on the 5, just to get some more highway experience.
                          Buzzed along about 80mph in moderate heavy traffic for about 30 miles to get past Pendalton. Got off to explore around, only coastal area I found was big houses with walls or parks with $15 day passes.

headed back south. Stopped at a scenic view spot (kinda like a rest stop but no services) on the 5 within pendalton.
                          could see big hover crafts, and helicopters, and lots of big trucks with big equipment on the beach. Lots of guys sitting on hoods and roofs of the trucks. I guess that is part of the hurry up and wait.

.....more later.....
                          Last edited by Redman; 05-29-2019, 09:54 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

BMW'S are nice... you don't have to wave at anyone! Haha. Not true, sport tourer guys always wave to each other. Isn't it funny that there are so many different "clicks" of motorcyclists? Don't wave at that guy, he's riding a Vespa, or he's on a Metric Cruiser... How about if a motorcyclist pulls up next to you at a red light, do you wave at him? That would be weird... (I wish Andy Rooney was a motorcyclist... 🙂
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              BMW'S are nice... you don't have to wave at anyone! Haha. Not true, sport tourer guys always wave to each other. Isn't it funny that there are so many different "clicks" of motorcyclists? Don't wave at that guy, he's riding a Vespa, or he's on a Metric Cruiser... How about if a motorcyclist pulls up next to you at a red light, do you wave at him? That would be weird... (I wish Andy Rooney was a motorcyclist... 
                              Hmm...I find BMW riders to be the ones that consistently wave..
                              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Hmm...I find BMW riders to be the ones that consistently wave..
                                i find it to be 50-50 with bmw riders even when I am here on the RT.
                                maybe it is because the 2002 is not new enough (or not an older air head) or maybe it is because it is obvious that my gear is old common stuff (not $4000 worth). Har har
                                Last edited by Redman; 05-29-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X