No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day for the Pronto Pups?!?! You better grab TWO! Oh, I see you did... haha🙂
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Flagstaff to Jerome via Sedona and back. Finally! Longest ride I've been able to make on it so far. Maybe 140 miles. Got caught in a little rain. Sedona never ceases to amaze me.
      Had a fellow biker tap the top of his helmet as he approached me as though warning me of something. Probably Rain ahead.
      half a rainbow is better than none.
      No complaints. the bike runs good. idle is a touch fast.
      100_3600.jpg
      Last edited by Oggy; 09-15-2019, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I gave Brian Wringer a shout last night to see if he wanted to meet up for a ride today and after agreeing to it we met in Bedford near Hwy 450. Of course that was after I stopped in to say hi to Jay at the Rosemount. I'm sure glad I asked as after hitting 450 and 150, he introduced me to some roads there in Southern Indiana I never knew about thanks to always staying to the main ones.

The Orangeville Rise, an underground river that suddenly pops up out of the ground right past an area where there are a few houses.
        Orangeville Rise by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Brian's and My Bikes by Scott Baker, on Flickr

We parted ways in Columbus IN and I caught a couple more nice roads before slowing down on a more direct route home thanks to night settling in.

Sunset by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Talk about a great way to have a long day away from home and my longest day this year at 418 miles.
        Last edited by cowboyup3371; 09-15-2019, 11:39 PM.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Love this shot Scott!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Thanks. I do greatly appreciate it.

Had a short ride this evening.
            So after my 12 week recovery..... I get out and

is last day of the season at Pronto Pup

and is snow fence at the statepark beach

Ah, But I like fall riding just as well.
            I need to get out your way... I just love the area, never been but your photos do a great job bringing me there. Just need to experience it in person.

Next year I'm planning my USA loop and I want to see as many folks as I can on my journey. We will see how it unfolds!

Be safe Dave and enjoy the fall!!!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
              Flagstaff to Jerome via Sedona and back. Finally! Longest ride I've been able to make on it so far. Maybe 140 miles. Got caught in a little rain. Sedona never ceases to amaze me.
              Had a fellow biker tap the top of his helmet as he approached me as though warning me of something. Probably Rain ahead.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]58986[/ATTACH]
              i've always used the tap on top of helmet to mean cops or radar ahead but i suppose it could be a general warning of possible danger.

the other day i had an oncoming car flash high beams at me. turned out to be a flock of turkeys in the road.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                i've always used the tap on top of helmet to mean cops or radar ahead but i suppose it could be a general warning of possible danger.

the other day i had an oncoming car flash high beams at me. turned out to be a flock of turkeys in the road.
                When I went skydiving we used static lines for the first five jumps. If the line didn't pull your rip cord, and you wound up flapping along the side of the plane, the instructor wanted to see your hand on top of your helmet to show you were still conscious. If that happened, they'd cut the cord and let you fall to use the reserve parachute. He said it's be more dangerous to try an pull the skydiver back into the airplane. I've never seen another motorcyclist use that sign, but now if I do, I'll know to watch out for police, turkeys or possible rainbows.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]58986[/ATTACH]

The top of helmet is a police ahead warning

I love Jerome -My brother has a home in Sedona so I have visited there a few times
                  Must've been a great ride
                  Currently in the Stable :
                  2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                  1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                  - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Managed a little ride

- Carl R. Munkwitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post

Wow, that was a little ride? And it's so green/warm there.

Yes, I looked it up ; quite a trip
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Not really that far from my house

Alsaka WISCONSIN --

About 130 miles one way --

Alaska is an unincorporated community located on Wisconsin Highway 42 in the town of Pierce, Kewaunee County, Wisconsin.
                        Alaska falls between East Alaska Lake and West Alaska Lake and is an important tourist and fishing spot in the region.

- Carl R. Munkwitz

Comment

Went for a most enjoyable father-and-son ride on the 850 and the 1000 on a glorious spring day.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            I gave Brian Wringer a shout last night to see if he wanted to meet up for a ride today and after agreeing to it we met in Bedford near Hwy 450. Of course that was after I stopped in to say hi to Jay at the Rosemount. I'm sure glad I asked as after hitting 450 and 150, he introduced me to some roads there in Southern Indiana I never knew about thanks to always staying to the main ones.

The Orangeville Rise, an underground river that suddenly pops up out of the ground right past an area where there are a few houses.
                            Orangeville Rise by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Brian's and My Bikes by Scott Baker, on Flickr

We parted ways in Columbus IN and I caught a couple more nice roads before slowing down on a more direct route home thanks to night settling in.

Sunset by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Talk about a great way to have a long day away from home and my longest day this year at 418 miles.

It was great to finally get to ride with you, Scott.

At some point, you mentioned being slightly bored with the "usual" highway routes and sights.

Heh heh heh... challenge accepted and delivered, I think.

Wish we had both had a little more time, but it was still a very satisfying spur of the moment ride.

Thanks for posting some pics. I never seem to take any pictures.
                            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post

Awwww snap reppin' the Ichiban Moto hat.....
                              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                                Awwww snap reppin' the Ichiban Moto hat.....
                                THANK YOU for noticing

- Carl R. Munkwitz

Comment

Working...
                                X