No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from a nice ride. I did my usual route to Bear Mountain and back. About 150 miles round trip. That's the 3rd time this week I've found an excuse to go up there. Today's was I needed to test out my new Ken Sean Bar End Mirrors.

They are the Napoleon style, but you can actually find them nowadays. They worked like a charm, and were crystal clear up to at least 85. Didn't go any faster than that today . Also as an interesting side affect, it seems that my brake and clutch lever vibrate much less without the mirrors attached to them. Makes sense once you think about it...

Now to just find an excuse to get up there tomorrow... Ohh yeah it's Saturday, I can go squid hunting

Comment

I had a beautiful ride this morning - it was cool for a change, and after all the 90 degree weather I could ride at 30 degrees farenheit and grin I think -

So I pull out on I-90 - twist it up to a nice. non-windy 75 mph, and wham, a honeybee hits me on the neck and bounces in front of my eyes.

Then I notice that the honeybee is on the far-right of my helmet, right at the bottom of the visor, just inside my vision -

So I look in the mirror, and to my surprise the bee is on the INSIDE of my helmet, just at the bottom of the visor, and he's still twitching.

So what do you do? Open up the visor at highway speed, and risk blowing him back into the helmet, where he might decide to sting my ear a while, or pull over, and risk him coming back to life and stinging me a while ?

So I quickly pulled over, looke right down at the ground, opened the visor, and he fell straight down to the ground, and lay there twitching until I ended his misery -

Other than that little bit of drama, it was a great ride, I got back into town, and played my stoplight game, where I take off run it up to 4000 rpm, shift to 2nd, run it up to 4000 rpm, and then look in the mirror and see how far traffic is behind me - my GS still surprises me at it's massive, easy power.

Comment

Went for a nice 200 mile ride today.

There was some of this...

and some of this...

Full story, and more pics here.

Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Comment

Finally found some time to go for a ride, just under an hour loop.

The bike feels really good with only a few issues to work out.

I jumped on an 86 FJ1200 for a bit. From the bikes stance, I thought I would be getting on a smoother, crisper handling bike, not so. The Suzuki is a much more controllable ride.

The Yamaha seemed to dive/pull into corners.

Comment

Will post pics of late afternoon ride, at risk of annoying Greg78GS750 and/or Bubby.

Speaking of annoying, my wife was annoyed that I was gone for 2 1/2 hours.
            But that is going to happen from time to time.

Last edited by Redman; 08-06-2012, 03:47 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a ride today, started out singing, "Blue Skies, Smiling at Me!" But then the daily torrential thunderstorms started building. My previous 2 times out I got caught, and it looks likes today will be no different.

Thought it was a turkey, but it was just a peacock that was in the middle of the road, I didn't seem to bother it a bit as it slowly walked off the road.

Wonder what this guys story is for flying the Confederate Battle Flag? Also known as the Southern Cross.

Waiting out the impending storm, yes my house is about 7 miles out directly into it. And yes it looks like I'm going to get a soaking, but it's not the rain that concerns me, it's the lightning. But........... In my favor I got the wind to my back. And as I give up waiting, I drive into it looking for cars with their wipers on. As the temperature suddenly dropped I was sure it couldn't be much farther off. Low and behold I made it home without a drop!

Now, where did that funnel cloud go?
              sigpic
              Steve
              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

It would be wonderful to see clouds like that around here that actually dropped water instead of fire.

Eric

Comment

Mmmm.....peacock
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Yeah, well it is Indiana. Somewhere southwest of here. No particular destination---just killing some time.

Comment

sweet 1100e,s

we got out for a spin yesterday. the red gs is the one i picked up for 800 and i sold to a guy at work. he also bought the 81 1100e i was selling,pulled the motor and changed the valve seals now it runs real strong. he sold the rest of the bike and exhaust for 500 so he got a free motor and i ended up with a spare mill with a bad tranny

Comment

Met up with a few guys today from here and the Kat forum and headed down to the Club Laverda Qld Concours at Cleveland. Perfect weather for it too.

Interestingly enough I didn't take a single photo of a Laverda

Here's the group of us meeting at the servo:

And the view of the show:

And the bike parking:

I'll come back and edit once I have the rest of the photos up in their own thread

Edit time: Here's the thread! Be warned, there are 110 pic's in there...

List the route of your favorite ride or destination and let us know why you think it's so special.
                        Last edited by pete; 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM. Reason: Added thread link
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

If the weather is nice, the girlfriend and I are going to ride our C90 to the International Peace Gardens. I'll post pictures if it happens.

Comment

Here's some pictures of our trip. We started out in Minot, ND, headed east on Hwy 2 to Rugby, and then turned north to the International Peace Gardens on the US/Canadian border. I've been in North Dakota six years now and never once thought of visiting, I didn't think it would be like it was. The gardens are almost surreal when compared to the surrounding bare hills and endless prairie.

This is were we stopped for gas in Rugby, ND. Here is the geographic center of North America.

These are the Peace Towers in the Gardens. I was standing on the US/Canadian border facing south with one tower in the States and one in Canuk land. They were first envisioned in the '30s and built in 1982. They stand as a symbol of the longest unguarded and most peaceful border between two nations.

Picture of the fountain in the "formal garden."

Looking north towards the towers from the formal garden.

It was a great trip and an amazing experience. The gardens are so peaceful and quiet, it was so relaxing and rejuvenating just walking through. We spent over 4 hours looking around and riding around the park. If anyone ever gets a chance, definitely make the trip.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pic's of your journey.

Eric

Comment

Just went out to get some fresh air this afternoon. Ran into some thugs

Comment

Working...
                                X