No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I needed to start the spring "Brew Pub" review, so I headed to Etna for lunch.

The special is a BBQ sandwich, with salad. 1/2 pint of Mossback IPA. Just right.

Just as I expected, very good. 4 out 5 stars for the Etna Brewery!

Back home I go. Next time maybe the Mt Shasta brewery or one in Ashland, Oregon. Wheelie's............. phew!

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

^^Beautiful pic with Mt Shasta in the background.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        Yikes! I'm not pleased with having to live in a swamp the past couple of years, but I will gladly take it over for living in a barren rock pile in the middle of nothing. If there are no trees and greenery, it isn't for me.
        Even though we are in the desert here, its more then just barren rock. Even barren rock has something going for it. Guess Ed needs to come back over my way another weekend so I can take him to the City of rocks and maybe up through Emery pass. Ed is just few miles west of some really nice riding in the mountains there in Alamo.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Riding Views

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          Even though we are in the desert here, its more then just barren rock. Even barren rock has something going for it. Guess Ed needs to come back over my way another weekend so I can take him to the City of rocks and maybe up through Emery pass. Ed is just few miles west of some really nice riding in the mountains there in Alamo.
          I've posted pics of my ride in Cloudcroft as well as the lower mountain in Mescalero...I guess he didn't like them.

I'm enjoying the open roads and lack of congested traffic like say...L.A. I'm taking my "T" to speeds almost as fast as my first bike; this time on a GS with just enough power for me.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Awesome ride today with AZR and Daryl up to Port Renfrew for a little loop action.

No signature

Comment

FANTASTIC pictures Charlie. I really miss that part of the country, beautiful. Trevor left out the best part of the trip today. 20 mins or so into the ride my bike starts sputtering, we stop for gas 40 mins into the ride and I see fuel pouring out of carb #4 pod I tell the guys to carry on with the ride and I'm going to find some shade to have a look at things, rip off the tank, the carbs and into #4 I go. Found some sediment in the float bowl but none of the jets were plugged, put everything back together and WHAMO she's running like a race horse once again. Must have been something in the float needle making it stick. I had a 'spirited' ride to meet up with Trevor and Daryl at the pub and hour away. Fantastic riding and weather today.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

The special is a BBQ sandwich, with salad. 1/2 pint of Mossback IPA. Just right.

Back home I go. Next time maybe the Mt Shasta brewery or one in Ashland, Oregon. Wheelie's............. phew!

cg
                Good to see you out riding Charlie and great pics!
                No signature

Comment

Went on the Easter Egg run from Whitstable, Kent to Canterbury, Kent with 250 other bikers:

Richard
                  sigpic
                  GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                  GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                  Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

cg
                    nice photos charlie....i like pict with mountain background with ice on the top...coz i dont have any ice mountain here....environment looks calm and quiet...
                    not to mention you have great meals...(suddenly hungry when i'm see your pics)
                    but if i may ask....i'd love to see u in the photos too....hehe
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by celesboy1 View Post
                      nice photos charlie....i like pict with mountain background with ice on the top...coz i dont have any ice mountain here....environment looks calm and quiet...
                      not to mention you have great meals...(suddenly hungry when i'm see your pics)
                      but if i may ask....i'd love to see u in the photos too....hehe
                      Next time I'll try and find someone to take the picture. Motorcycles and country side are interesting, but older riders......maybe not so much

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

This Lady finally got her low bars. Yes, this diet is paying off...

Comment

Summer is coming, even in Finland! First ride of the season.

Comment

Went for a quick ride up to the old train depot in Boise yesterday. Supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend. Having a crack in my right side muffler tig welded to hold me off until I can purchase a new one. I pasted the BB code in the message box, will see if this is how to post photo from album. Good riding all.

Comment

Got in a couple of laps of my favourite local twisty roads on Wednesday after getting some Avon Roadriders fitted. Turned out to be a beautiful day for a ride after earlier predictions of showers which would've been interesting on fresh rubber.

I had to go straight from work so I couldn't get Stator out for a ride but I promised him I'll get him out soon now that the fresh rubber is on...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Finally got to ride to work today and even took the interstate from the hospital to the Air Force base where we have a DOD-VA Veterans Transition Center. As much as I hate riding on the interstate it went well for me. Did have problems with my turn signal switch when pressing it to the right but I think it's fixed again.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X