anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great ride reports guys.

I took the FJR up to Sandia crest today. It handles the twisties quite well. It's only limitation is the rider, haha. Saw only one deer off to the side of the road. Enough to remind me to keep on the lookout.

I have to solve the numb hands issue before really hitting the road. After 30 minutes my hands are tingling. I got some padded weightlifting gloves which seem to help a little. I ordered some grip puppies. Hopefully they'll provide enough padding but not make it difficult to hang on, or insulate my hands from the heated grips.

There are 1 inch Heli bar risers that also bring the bars back but there's still enough of my weight on my hands to cause numbness. Sure hope I can sort this issue before long. Maybe a different bar riser that brings them back even further is in order. They're a bit pricey though, like $250.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Moose!? And here I was all excited to see a baby raccoon today in my travels through the mountains and state game land dirt roads. (sorry, no pic).
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Moose!? And here I was all excited to see a baby raccoon today in my travels through the mountains and state game land dirt roads. (sorry, no pic).
        Three of them! And I also saw a fox and a mouse. And several cats.

When going home it was cold and foggy. Mirrors and visor fogged up.

But it was an amazing ride. Wish I had a helmet cam.
        GS1000G 1981

Comment

Took the 750 out yesterday...today was bath day. Really love the lines of this bike. Oreo too.

No signature

Comment

Perfect ride to end the weekend last night.

Ended with nearly 5K miles on the T120 alone last month. 2K on the VMAX few hundo on the Tux... Might hit 70K by September on the dang thing.

Not bad with only local miles ridden. I think I have seen most roads now in Vermont however I did ride a couple new roads yesterday in the NEK on my 300 mile ride. North East Kingdom is going to be my new stomping grounds I think.
            Best,
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Pics from yesterday.

End of the road:

Part of tjhe road there:

Two of my favorite mountains, the small one in front Hårberget, and the tallest one Sætertind. Hårberget I climbed all the time while younger.

Rest of the images I took: https://imgur.com/a/AQaQ74T
              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Great shots Noreg!!!
                Get the miles in now while you can! It will be snowing sooner than you think :/
                Keep up posted love seeing your updates!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  Great shots Noreg!!!
                  Get the miles in now while you can! It will be snowing sooner than you think :/
                  Keep up posted love seeing your updates!
                  Yeah, it was actually cold yesterday. There were some really cool fog while going home, but I was out of battery on my phone. But I finally got the USB charger to work (apparently the GPS has to be plugged in and be turned on).

I need a new front tyre, its getting close to the legal limit 1.6mm (0.0629921 inches). When I take it to the garage I figured Id fix the cam chain tensioner and maybe rebuild the rear caliper (assuming the piston kit has all the required parts). I also ordered brake pads for the front tyre. It looks like if I get the caliper off, I can take off the entire resorvoir and the hoses and everything and dissasemble it away from the bike, so I avoid spilling brake fluid on the bike or tyre. And I could repaint it.

Luckily I still have places I want to go.
                  GS1000G 1981

Comment

Ofcourse I went for a ride today! or rather tonight.

If you see the low white cloud on the right side next to the building, that is where I went yesterday. Look how desserted it looks.

I was going to ride towards the cabin, but the light is on the other side of the island, so I decided to go in that direction to get some nice contrast:

After exactly 100 kilometers it was tmie to go home (went out like 2300 came home at 0230 or something):

Another angle, indecisive today:
                    GS1000G 1981

Comment

Spectacular scenery and excellent photos, Noreg.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I got out for a great bike n hike yesterday. Rode out to the lower end of the Finger Lakes and basically did some rock climbing. Dropped my beer can so I had to climb all the way back to the bottom to get it. This guy is not a litterbug.

Anyway, here's a pic during the ride. Overcast and breezy day, you can see rain far down the valley...

Geographical note: This is called the ancient valley where the Genesee River flowed before the ice age. The river now flows through a gorge about 10 miles to the West.
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

very nice view Eli
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Yesterday

Today

Didnt stop on the ride for pics, but did take pic at lunch stops.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Yesterday

Today

Didnt stop on the ride for pics, but did take pic at lunch stops.

A DOUBLE BEEF BURGER and a BURRITO ?! -- How many Lunches do you eat while on a ride ...?
                              Currently in the Stable :
                              2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                              1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                              - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

As many as he likes!!!

Need to get me some grub! All rain yesterday... 300 miles on, I do have video footage but no time to edit.

Later gaters!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X