No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last nite beemerpunk kid and I went out on the R1*00GS's for a walmart run. Summer is waning and I'll ride for any reason. I picked up a 6 of PBRs for when we got home and I said, "No bumpy roads, I had a couple beers explode in my luggage the other day.!"

Guess where we went... The same exact roads that caused my earlier beer disaster plus he decided we should take the snowmobile trail for the last mile or 2. AND Then directly into the woods to the 4 wheeler paths.

Yer gonna have to imagine an r1200gs with full luggage stuck in a swamp in the middle of the night. I helped push and he made it out. Gotta say I was impressed.

I didn't commit to the swamp part and got myself turned around somehow and rode out to the fields for the last .5 mile or so.

No pics I'm afraid. It was dark and I was about toast but lovin it.

These are the bikes but they had a lot more mud and pieces of tree on them.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
      Guess where we went... The same exact roads that caused my earlier beer disaster plus he decided we should take the snowmobile trail for the last mile or 2. AND Then directly into the woods to the 4 wheeler paths.

Yer gonna have to imagine an r1200gs with full luggage stuck in a swamp in the middle of the night. I helped push and he made it out. Gotta say I was impressed.

I didn't commit to the swamp part and got myself turned around somehow and rode out to the fields for the last .5 mile or so.
      Ha!
      "adventure"

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yesterday, after being gone for 9 days, I had some time in the morning, looked like could rain, and was some red blobs on radar coming in off the lake not too far south of here.

So went for a ride, a little bit out of town, and back into town, downtown to a coffee shop (havent been there since winter). Was relaxing to sitt there, watch tourist strolling around, poke around on internet on my phone. And after a while went back home.

When I got home, I thought, hum, spent 3 times as much time sitting in coffee shop than I did riding.
        Wondered if needed some self examination to figure whats wrong.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thought of some of the other places have rode to in recent days

Oh Oh, maybe there IS a problem going on here.

But then again, when went to Babbitts and then the HD dealer, looked like could rain.
          I noticed were no other bikes in parking lots at either place.
          Maybe they were all concerned about the 30% chance of this happening, which did.

Nothing at any of the three places interested me.
          Okay - - No problem.
          Last edited by Redman; 08-29-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

It's loud, it's obnoxious and it's damn uncomfortable... but just look at it!

Beautiful evening here again.... expecting Trevor in 3... 2... 1...
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

you had me at obnoxious
              1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                It's loud, it's obnoxious and it's damn uncomfortable... but just look at it!

Beautiful evening here again.... expecting Trevor in 3... 2... 1...
                That is an absolutely beautiful pic-both setting and Kat.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  That is an absolutely beautiful pic-both setting and Kat.
                  Thanks! I'm working on my photography skills.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I'm impressed, Dave!
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Nice shot & subject!

I'm sure Rob will be pleased to see it out & about.

Does the choke dial work with those carbs?
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                        Nice shot & subject!

I'm sure Rob will be pleased to see it out & about.

Does the choke dial work with those carbs?
                        No, it's disconnected. Carb choke is on the flatslides.
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I had to check if my bike was fit for the ride down to Oslo and back (2800 kilometers round trip + whatever driving down there, probably around 800). I don't really trust home made gaskets. So I went to Kiruna, Sweden:

The thing in the back is the iron ore mine. The one big industry in Kiruna. Its so big infact they are moving the entire city to be able to dig up more. Or at least significant parts of it. Kiruna municipality is huge, so my entire trip inside Sweden were done inside it.

In Sweden the roads are straight, and people drive a lot faster than in Norway. The fines are also way lower there. 4000 sek is max fine in Sweden, 10 650 nok is the max fine in Norway. So I got to do some spirited riding.

It was fairly cold, and raining. The body of water is not the ocean, its on a mountain, but the lake is YUGE. Like a hundred miles (I would guess). My tires held up excellently on the wet surfaces, maybe Bridgestone is right in claiming the BT46 are better.

This is a typical Swedish road. Fairly straight and surrounded by trees. Its like that from the top of Sweden to Göteborg. Incredibly monotone, but it gets you along a lot faster. In Norway roads go through every little city, so its slow but you get variation. We also have mountains.

I think I drove past Kebnekaise, Swedens tallest mountain. I want to climb it but my wife claims you need to work out and prepare for it, maybe I should just do it alone. I almost made it to the top of Norways tallest mountain without any equipment, in jeans. Only had to turn around because my companion had no experience in walking in deep snow...

But the home made gasket works brilliantly, it doesn't seem to leak any oil at all. Maybe now I won't get oil leaking out of the round metal things anymore. And I rode it hard. Now Ive done 600+ kilometers so I am confident it will hold up. Only issue I had was the horn wires not staying on. I think I will tape them or shrink wrap them or something. I think it might need to be moved a bit too, think the choke cable is pushing on them.
                          GS1000G 1981

Comment

Couldn't stray far due to being on call for the week (finished at midnight) so i stayed fairly close to home.

Big GS and the Big Dipper. Or should I say GS Major and Ursa Major?
                            http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Steller shot Glen!
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Literally. Thanks. It was partially planned, but luck definitely came into play, particularly how the dipper handle follows the fairing curve. I also cropped out telephone wires.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X