No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met up with Rob (AZR) yesterday for lunch at Wheelies...

Thursday I let a buddy of mine who is currently bikeless ride my 1100 and we went to check out a dirtbiking camp up Island...Mmmmm...logging road on street bikes lol

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Met up with Rob (AZR) yesterday for lunch at Wheelies...

Thursday I let a buddy of mine who is currently bikeless ride my 1100 and we went to check out a dirtbiking camp up Island...Mmmmm...logging road on street bikes lol

That fourth pic is from Friday... I know, I'm in it!
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
        That fourth pic is from Friday... I know, I'm in it!
        Yes Dave you are right.
        That was a good spirited day of riding!
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Yes Dave you are right.
          That was a good spirited day of riding!
          Sure was! I'm still recuperating.
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Just so everyone knows, I wasn't one the 100 that day...
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
              Sure was! I'm still recuperating.
              I was just razzing you, now that I gather AZR may have been referring to you in another thread. Guess it doesn't have to be only a kat.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I love this thread.

Hi all,

Three of us went for a 700k ride over Saturday and Sunday last. My brother on his Ducati Monster S2R, and a mate on his Buell 1200 Lightning.

My brother and I travelled from Yass to Bungendore to meet up with number three. Beer and lunch was the order at the Bungendore Pub.

After lunch we headed down the mountain to Nelligen, the Steampacket Hotel, for a quick schooner to wash the dust from our throats.

We then headed to Batemans Bay for fuel. For the bikes this time. That's where the unscheduled stop occurred. As we were leaving the servo the gear linkage on the Buell broke. We discovered that it had sheared a bolt. After a few minutes surveying the situation we decided to hit the hardware shop. We bought a battery drill, drill bit, easyout (screw extractor) and a pack of screws. We wandered back to the bike and set about drilling the sheared bolt, inserting the easyout and winding out the bolt. Bunged the new screw in and off we went. The tool kit in the GS came in handy here. We only lost an hour with all that. A job well done.

The bike repair put us back a bit so we got in to Tathra after dark, so no photo there. I didn't think of it in the morning. We had a few beers and a great night at the pub.

The next morning was off to Merrimbula for fuel before heading off up the Brown Mountain to Bemboka then on to Cooma, then Bredbo for lunch.

After a nice lunch at Bredbo we discovered that the screw we had fitted to the gear linkage had worked it's way out and bent. We set about removing the bent item and putting in a new one to get home. It was then on to Michelaego for fuel and then home to Yass for a well deserved beer.

All up, we did about 700k's and had a great time. The bike is a revelation now that I have it 100% sorted. It does everything so well and goes very nicely. We had a mixture of highways, windy mountain stuff and undulating terrain from Bemboka to Cooma. The bike took it all in it's stride.

Cheers,
                Muz

Comment

Great stuff Muz! Glad to see you've got her out to play with the others and looks like you had a fun weekend!
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

got the new T500 on the road yesterday and today actually got a chance to ride it. a couple errands and then my ninjapunk daughter called from work and she said she heard her horse might be colicky . so i had to go over there and check.

all horsies turned out to be fine. just lazy.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Nice to see that bike! They went to Great Lengths with the mufflers, didn't they? (and so hard to replace?!)

Comment

That's a beautiful bike Eli69. Very envious.

Cheers,
                        Muz

Comment

I put on about 350 miles today. I rode to Annapolis Maryland. When I left at noon, it was drizzling rain. Then around Pittsburgh was coming down hard for about 15 minutes. It then dried up the sun came out, perfect. The motorcycle ran really good, it cruised at 72mph very nice. I did kind of missed the power of the BMW but the 850 held it's own. I need to wash the bike for the charity run planned with Cheryl tomorrow. I'll have Cheryl post some pictures of the run... Norm
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                            The Friday the 13th Motorcycle Rally is a motorcycle rally held every Friday the 13th[2] in Port Dover, Ontario, Canada since 1981.[3] Its typical summer attendance exceeds 100,000 bikers.[4]
                            A small port/cottage town shuts down for the event. Mostly American cruisers. Mostly just walk around. Expensive dated shirts and food of questionable quality.

The ride there is a nice, two lane 80km/h(50mp/h) with some slower bends along Lake Erie. In town is another. Lots people traffic, first gear and rear brake. And judging by a large number of riders' slow speed maneuverings, left and right worn tennis shoe soles.

10 images a post... Ahhhhh... Might be out of order, the tags are quite clunky. No autoresizing either, my apologies to those on smaller resolutions.

Comment

I've got more photos, but the posting method is archaic. I may upload them to an album if anyone's interested(mostly just old 80's imports).

I think this may have been Katana in a past life? Here's to hoping it was a wreck/write off or parts prior to it's... transformation.

Comment

@PleaseRegisterAgain, Nicely Done! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X